Photo

Gameplay Reveal Stream in Approximately a Month!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Annoying Tick

• 315 posts

It'd be an understatement to say that we're all super excited for the gameplay reveal coming this May. With the leaks, teaser trailer and full-length trailer that were shown in the recent months, Bungo is probably aiming to make this the cherry to round off all the hype (excluding the Beta experience which is going to really give us the best feel of what the final product will be like). But what sorts of things are we anticipating to see during this reveal?
I'm sure that every viewer will have their eyes and ears keen for some juicy tidbits of information, looking for scripted information, cryptic words to speculate upon and anything Bungie isn't supposed to show. So what do YOU hope or expect to see?

Personally, I reckon there are two things we can count on them talking about. The base story and gameplay mechanics instantly come to mind as obvious things for them to divulge information over, specifically what's changed since Destiny as we're currently playing it now. 

With all of that said, I'm also hoping to see them talk about what's stayed the same, as the base game will undoubtedly influence part of D2's design. What do you guys think?

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4846 posts

Yeah, i'm excited about the game play reveal as well.  Things I am looking to see if they're announced during the reveal.

1. Dedicated Servers

2. Beta release date

3. What will the new vault space look like.  Can we sort? More space?

4. Will MIDA be in Y4?

LOL.  I'm excited about the story line, but I want to be surprised by it in MY game play.  That was one thing that I liked and hated about RoI.  They wanted us to be so hyped by it, they revealed just about everything before the DLC was released.

I'm excited about the new game engine and am looking forward to knowing what it is and how it is different than what we're used to.  

I'm also sure they'll reveal at least one new subclass for each Class.

• sgtcoy likes this

HockeyDad21

HockeyDad21

Forum Colonel

• 1865 posts

I am also excited for D2 and the reveal stream as well, but tbh, I am not sure what my expectations are this time around. I guess some of the things I am looking forward to is the weapon classes. Will they stay the same or will something change and/or be added? 

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 3999 posts

I thought about taking a vacation day on the 18th because the streams usually happen when I have to get ready for work , but I'll deal with that later ,now on to the topic at hand , the things I hope we find out from the reveal stream are : 

* Will our Guardians have helmets because from all the teasers so far there won't be any , The helmets are one of the unique things that sets this game apart from others appearance wise

*dedicated servers , will there be any , probably not but we can still hope 

* Bungie (well DeeJ ) said we will be able to keep our Guardians, but not our stuff , will we be able to change our Guardians appearance ? I like my "lock and Titan , but my Hunter( my 1st character) needs a little changing .

*Will the beta be PVP or PVE 

*lastly will there be a D2 Icebreaker !! I'm going to hide one out in the wild so I can get it later !!!

Eyes up guardians , May 18th will be here before we know it ! 

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4846 posts

I thought about taking a vacation day on the 18th because the streams usually happen when I have to get ready for work , but I'll deal with that later ,now on to the topic at hand , the things I hope we find out from the reveal stream are : 

* Will our Guardians have helmets because from all the teasers so far there won't be any , The helmets are one of the unique things that sets this game apart from others appearance wise

*dedicated servers , will there be any , probably not but we can still hope 

* Bungie (well DeeJ ) said we will be able to keep our Guardians, but not our stuff , will we be able to change our Guardians appearance ? I like my "lock and Titan , but my Hunter( my 1st character) needs a little changing .

*Will the beta be PVP or PVE 

*lastly will there be a D2 Icebreaker !! I'm going to hide one out in the wild so I can get it later !!!

Eyes up guardians , May 18th will be here before we know it ! 

Icebreaker, smicebreaker.. gosh...  What if it's the same, but called something different?

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

Undead Hunter Master race

• 1481 posts

I'm curious how much of Destiny 1 they will blend into Destiny 2.  (Story, weapons and armor)

They just can't abandon everything right?  They have to bring back some of the fan favorites.

I hope they don't take the clean slate method. 

• Kingdomville likes this

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4846 posts

It can't be a clean slate as we will be able to use our current characters.  They may not make a lot of mention about Oryx, Omnigul, Asskiss.  I also don't think they'll go deeper into much of the Lore that we really want.  But it does appear that we'll learn more about Osiris and the Warmind in the future.  

I still think Mara SOv is alive.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 3999 posts

Icebreaker, smicebreaker.. gosh... What if it's the same, but called something different?

That'll work !

Staph lnfection

Staph lnfection

Forum Lieutenant

• 268 posts

I really don't see any D1 weapons being in D2 and don't want to see. I want all new. I'm buying an $100 game not a $100 expansion 

• sgtcoy likes this