Photo

Exile's Studen

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4846 posts

I had the Year 3 Trials Hand Cannon drop after turning in one of my Hand Cannon Bounties.  it has Hammer Forges, Explosive Rounds and Hidden Hand.  This is fast becoming my second favorite hand cannon just under my god rolled Eyasluna.

9PIkLEO.png

Sorry, there's a typo in the title. Should be "Student".

HockeyDad21

HockeyDad21

Forum Colonel

• 1865 posts

Have one myself - Hammer Forged/Explosive Rounds/Hidden Hand. There's another at the postmaster that my Hunter has yet to pick up. It's okay, not great but not awful either. It has some nice perks so I am gonna hold onto it.

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

Undead Hunter Master race

• 1481 posts

Looks Awesome!

Congrats!!

One of these days I'll give Trials a shot. 

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4846 posts

Looks Awesome!

Congrats!!

One of these days I'll give Trials a shot. 

Thanks.  I didn't get it in Trials.  I got it from the Hand Cannon bounty from the Crucible Quartermaster.  It can drop Trials gear now from Y2 or Y3.  It's not adept, but I'm good with the one I got.  I'm having fun with it.

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

• 1481 posts

Ooooh, didn't know that.  I might have to pick up a few of those bounties and give them a shot.  (I need something new in Destiny anyhow)

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4846 posts

Ooooh, didn't know that.  I might have to pick up a few of those bounties and give them a shot.  (I need something new in Destiny anyhow)

I love the Crucible Quartermaster bounties.  They make me use guns I don't normally use.  I'm having issues with the special weapon bounties.  

Per the 3/17 TWAB

"Crucible Quartermaster will now offer 5 new bounties each week for different weapon archetypes, allowing you an opportunity to earn a variety of Crucible, Iron Banner, and Trials of Osiris weapons from Year 2 and Year 3. And yes, there is a Hand Cannon bounty that can reward an Eyasluna! "

I've gotten two Eyasluna's from them as well.

• HockeyDad21 likes this

HockeyDad21

HockeyDad21

Forum Colonel

• 1865 posts

Ditto here. The one I got listed above I did get from Trials but the other one waiting at the postmaster was from completing the hand cannon bounty via crucible.

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4846 posts

Ditto here. The one I got listed above I did get from Trials but the other one waiting at the postmaster was from completing the hand cannon bounty via crucible.

I wonder if it only comes in the one roll? Your first one has the same roll as mine.  It will be interesting to see if the one at the postmaster has the same roll as well.  ???

redafro1980

redafro1980

Forum Lieutenant

• 225 posts

The trials weapons pretty much all have same rolls. Not sure of the "policy" with trials rolls but they all seem the same. Doctrine came with few different perks options in one of the trees but pretty much all the same

DaniArrow

DaniArrow

Forum Commander

• 1209 posts

I got that one half a year back or so. I was amazed at the perks, they looked awesome.

Then I tried it out and figures I can't harm anyone, not even in PvE, because of the low range. :(

My advice for anyone looking for a good hand cannon is: grind the Echo Chamber strike on 320 and use up your skeleton keys. My seventh ot eight Imago Loop came with Sureshot, Rangefinder, Hammer Forged and Hidden Hand. Awesome for Pve & PvP.

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Annoying Tick

• 315 posts

Awesome! I love it when weapons that don't get a lot of play are being talked about. Reminds me of my Down and Doubt 00-0 from TTK, before I switched to my Ace of Spades. Ah, good times.

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4846 posts

Awesome! I love it when weapons that don't get a lot of play are being talked about. Reminds me of my Down and Doubt 00-0 from TTK, before I switched to my Ace of Spades. Ah, good times.

Ace of Spades is the HC that got me to love HC's after  many months of complaining that I was horrible at hand cannons.  What got me to give them another try was the Crucible Quartermaster bounties that were available once you completed the Mountaintop quest.  I love Ace of Spades, especially in Rumble.  

• Kingdomville likes this

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 3999 posts

Yo can get Trials weapons from doing the Quartermaster bounties ?? I'll have to give it a try Trials has a nice Scout , I don't know what it's called but I've seen it around alot ! 

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4846 posts

Yo can get Trials weapons from doing the Quartermaster bounties ?? I'll have to give it a try Trials has a nice Scout , I don't know what it's called but I've seen it around alot ! 

Yes. You can.

I've received the Y2 Trial scout The Inward Lamp as a drop last week with one of my Scout Rifle bounties.  The Burning Eye is the Y3 scout and it has wrecked me. But that mostly is the adept version which can only be received by going flawless.

I have the auto Rifle Vision Stone (Adept) but I haven't used it much.  Not a big AR guy.

GoldenTree

GoldenTree

New Blood

• 9 posts

Same. Just sittin around, waiting for D2, and twiddling my thumbs.

redafro1980

redafro1980

Forum Lieutenant

• 225 posts

I got that one half a year back or so. I was amazed at the perks, they looked awesome.

Then I tried it out and figures I can't harm anyone, not even in PvE, because of the low range. :(

My advice for anyone looking for a good hand cannon is: grind the Echo Chamber strike on 320 and use up your skeleton keys. My seventh ot eight Imago Loop came with Sureshot, Rangefinder, Hammer Forged and Hidden Hand. Awesome for Pve & PvP.

Nice Imago. Every one I get has guerilla fighter, mulligan, grenadier, life support etc etc. Not one worth a shit and I've sharded at least 20

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

• 1481 posts

Yes. You can.

I've received the Y2 Trial scout The Inward Lamp as a drop last week with one of my Scout Rifle bounties.  The Burning Eye is the Y3 scout and it has wrecked me. But that mostly is the adept version which can only be received by going flawless.

I have the auto Rifle Vision Stone (Adept) but I haven't used it much.  Not a big AR guy.

I actually put some time into getting the scout rifle bounty done last weekend.

Had to knock a fair amount of rust off my Mida and get my PvP brain turned back on again, but as games went on I started getting back into the swing of things.

I got the bounty done and what was my reward??

NL Shadow 701X.  Meh.  It has an ok roll, but it wasn't what I was hoping for. 

I was hoping for the trials scout.  Guess I'll pick up another bounty to give it another go. 

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4846 posts

Same here.  I got the Last Extremity with crappy rolls.  

Someday we'll get the Trials Scout.

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

• 1481 posts

Is there a list somewhere that shows what weapons are available from the Crucible bounties?

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4846 posts

Not that I'm aware of.  I would assume it's any Y2/Y3 Legendary.

I've gotten the Ironwreath-D, JabberHakke for the sidearm bounties

The Last Extremity, Tuonela, NL Shadow for the Scout Rifle

Answering Chord and a few others for the Autorifle one.

Zydron

Zydron

Forum Lieutenant

• 293 posts

Bounties don't even feel like they're worth it. I've gotten terrible rolls on IB weapons and a terrible Byronic Hero. I've got my Titan still to do two bounties but I'm not really looking forward to it. I'd like to try getting a Messenger but I'm not betting on it. 

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4846 posts

Bounties don't even feel like they're worth it. I've gotten terrible rolls on IB weapons and a terrible Byronic Hero. I've got my Titan still to do two bounties but I'm not really looking forward to it. I'd like to try getting a Messenger but I'm not betting on it. 

TBH, I'm not even doing the Bounties for the reward.  As I have all the weapons I want.  Althought I'd love to see more Trials weapons.

I do the bounties just to "do something"  I don't plan on playing any other game, so I use the bounties as a check list.  I was glad they brought the weapon bounties back as I normally don't use pulse rifles or ARs.  So it changes it up for me when I want to do them.

HockeyDad21

HockeyDad21

Forum Colonel

• 1865 posts

Yeah, what's been said before. All Y2 and Y3 weapons are in play for the bounties. I just cringe when I get a Byronic Hero - gets dismantled as it comes with a lousy roll every time I've gotten one. The Burning Eye scout rifle and Exile's Student HC I've gotten from the respective weapons bounties have been really nice. 

• Zydron likes this

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4846 posts

The Burning Eye scout rifle and Exile's Student HC I've gotten from the respective weapons bounties have been really nice. 

grrr