Photo

The Last Word

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Rogue Wolf Studios

Rogue Wolf Studios

Recruit

• 11 posts
Hey guys, new here so not exactly where to post this so if a Moderator or someone can say, then thx.

Anyways, my question is as the Title Says, where to get the Last Word? Now I've looked on YouTube, tried Google and no one seems to have any advice, so please help me get this amazing Hand Cannon please? Any tips and tricks are welcome.

Ps I don't have any 3 of Coins and preferred a easy way to get it...

Noles

Noles

Community Manager

• 4247 posts

Xur, Nightfall, Raids, basically all the normal ways. Xur is selling it now.

HockeyDad21

HockeyDad21

Forum Colonel

• 1865 posts

Yeah, there used to a quest (Imprecation, I believe) that you had to go through in order to get it. But like Noles said, it can be obtained many different ways just playing. It can be fun to play with but takes a little getting used to. It takes a few moments after being equipped before you are actually able to use it and its better to not aim down the sights and just fire from the hip.

BK54

BK54

Forum Lieutenant

• 171 posts

Yeah, there used to a quest (Imprecation, I believe) that you had to go through in order to get it. But like Noles said, it can be obtained many different ways just playing. It can be fun to play with but takes a little getting used to. It takes a few moments after being equipped before you are actually able to use it and its better to not aim down the sights and just fire from the hip.

You're thinking of "The First Curse" not The Last Word.

You get TLW by normal means, nothing really special

Rogue Wolf Studios

Rogue Wolf Studios

Recruit

• 11 posts
Thank you all for helping ive been wanting this since I first saw it in the exotic store thank you so much

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4002 posts

The Last Word used to be the king of all hand cannons (ok ,besides Fatebringer) but once Bungie got to nerfing it it's not as great as it once was , and just a side note , be prepared is has a lot of recoil !! 

Rogue Wolf Studios

Rogue Wolf Studios

Recruit

• 11 posts
I'm used to recoil on a lot of guns, I can handle it, hopefully.

HockeyDad21

HockeyDad21

Forum Colonel

• 1865 posts

You're thinking of "The First Curse" not The Last Word.

You get TLW by normal means, nothing really special

I do get them confused. Appreciate the correction.

Rogue Wolf Studios

Rogue Wolf Studios

Recruit

• 11 posts
I heard the first curse was pretty good, but weapons like that I just pray to Oryx that they drop for me

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Annoying Tick

• 316 posts

I heard the first curse was pretty good, but weapons like that I just pray to Oryx that they drop for me

The First Curse is alright. I was better before the Special weapon economy patch, where Hand Cannons had lower accuracy values, because it suffered less from ghost bullets. It's still usable, but certainly not in the top tier. That's Hawkmoon's place.

BK54

BK54

Forum Lieutenant

• 171 posts

The First Curse is alright. I was better before the Special weapon economy patch, where Hand Cannons had lower accuracy values, because it suffered less from ghost bullets. It's still usable, but certainly not in the top tier. That's Hawkmoon's place.

To add to this,

The First Curse is a PvE weapon, in my opinion. I find it very fun to use from time to time.

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Annoying Tick

• 316 posts

To add to this,

The First Curse is a PvE weapon, in my opinion. I find it very fun to use from time to time.

Yes, you are absolutely right about that. The First Curse is more of a PVE weapon than a PVP weapon, though it's still usable for PVP activities. I actually find this kind of cool since it really accentuates how this weapon is the antithesis to the Last Word (except that the Last Word is undoubtedly solid for PVP, and practically garbage in PVE).