Delete, or not delete, should I keep my Titan

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

Undead Hunter Master race

• 1481 posts

RMK-TITAN_zpsqcgn4wup.png

I've been on the fence for this for a while now and I'm having trouble coming to a decision.

To delete or not to delete - The fate of my Titan

I've got a Titan who is essentially a bench warmer. He's mostly used to hold on to things while I clean my vault, and occasionally gets a little play time when trying out weapons. 

I've put very little effort into him since I created him.  The only subclass I've completed is the Striker class.  Defender has been sitting at 20/27 nodes complete  and Sunbreaker is sitting at 10/27 nodes unlocked.

Story wise I've only completed the vanilla story up to the Black Garden with him.  After that I just kind of forgot about him until it was time to clean my vault. 

He is only at his current light level because of donation infusion gear from my Warlock and Hunter. 

So with so little effort put into him, and so little time put into his character, what's keeping me from deleting him and rebuilding a new character?

Well, over time I've collected quite a few good pieces of armor for him.  I believe I have all of the available Titan exotics and overall seeing them being used in videos here and there it looks pretty impressive. 

His appearance is pretty impressive too. (see picture above)

When I do use him I do enjoy it, but there is never a draw to continue playing like there is with my Warlock and Hunter. 

I've also thought about deleting him just to start up another Hunter just because I have so much Hunter gear just sitting there.  But the thought of leveling them up the subclasses again just seems so daunting, so maybe leveling up the Titan would be a better choice. 

Anyhow, I just wanted to get your thoughts on what you would do in this situation.

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4846 posts

He's like my Warlock.  I made him to complete that class and now he just sits there.  Twiddling his thumbs.

I would keep your bench warmer at least through the launch of D2.  Then once D2 launches and you decide you want to go a different route, you can always delete him then.  

• R MK XXV likes this

HockeyDad21

HockeyDad21

Forum Colonel

• 1865 posts

I would say hold on to your titan for the extra space for storing weapons at least.  I can understand wanting to delete your titan because you want to use them, but you can easily switch between classes and gear for your hunter. As someone who runs all 3 classes pretty regularly, I amass alot of gear for them and do have vault issues - but that's a different story. Titans can be alot of fun - from throwing hammers, raining down a Fist of Havoc or supporting your team with a Defender bubble. The movement on titans is exceptional as well. Personally, I would say stick with it. Unless you're a completionist, don't bother with completing the story. Just level up all 3 sub-classes and have fun. 

• R MK XXV likes this

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Annoying Tick

• 315 posts

Pretty impressive? Dude...
YOUR TITAN LOOKS AMAZING.
Mau'uls Maulers make for a great piece of armour too.
  • R MK XXV likes this

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 3999 posts

Keep him !! I run all 3 ,this week happens to be my Titans turn at Iron Banner !
  • R MK XXV likes this

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

• 1481 posts

Pretty impressive? Dude...
YOUR TITAN LOOKS AMAZING.
Mau'uls Maulers make for a great piece of armour too.

Thanks! I was really happy with how everything worked together on him.  From the shader to the Chroma to the accessories it just all blended together so well. 

Unfortunately the stats are garbage.  But hey, He doesn't see much action. 

Another reason I have thought about deleting him, that I don't think I mentioned above, was because I was considering making a second hunter.

My current Hunter is an Awoken male. I just threw him together one night just to "try" out using a hunter.  Unfortunately I really got into using him even though he looks like a background character from that kids show Doug. 

If I had known I was going to keep him around I probably would have gone with an Exo a little better designed than my Warlock was.  (he was pretty basic too.)

• Kingdomville likes this

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Annoying Tick

• 315 posts

Thanks! I was really happy with how everything worked together on him.  From the shader to the Chroma to the accessories it just all blended together so well. 

Unfortunately the stats are garbage.  But hey, He doesn't see much action. 

Another reason I have thought about deleting him, that I don't think I mentioned above, was because I was considering making a second hunter.

My current Hunter is an Awoken male. I just threw him together one night just to "try" out using a hunter.  Unfortunately I really got into using him even though he looks like a background character from that kids show Doug. 

If I had known I was going to keep him around I probably would have gone with an Exo a little better designed than my Warlock was.  (he was pretty basic too.)

You could try creating a second account. I currently have two accounts that I'm playing on, and I'm going to create a third in the future. I know that's tedious for some people though.

Staph lnfection

Staph lnfection

Forum Lieutenant

• 268 posts

I would delete and have two of that characters you like. I ran 3 Titans for the longest time so that what ever gear would fit the others. But now I have and run all 3 pretty even, but I hate my warlock.

Mtannert23

Mtannert23

Forum Sergeant

• 97 posts

I would keep him! I started destiny with a titan, deleted him by accident and then I started a hunter. I mostly use the hunter, no doubt, but I'm also really satisfied with my warlock and titan, both looks and having to change my style.

To be honest I don't mind how my characters look without the helmet, get the Iron saga helmet looks so good, that I don't need to see my titans face :)

It's just really nice to have one of each character if you need a specific super in a raid or so.

• HockeyDad21 likes this

HockeyDad21

HockeyDad21

Forum Colonel

• 1865 posts

My thoughts too Tannert. Running all 3 gives you the flexibility to have your team run whatever they want for a raid, Nightfall, etc. 

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4846 posts

I got the Age Of Triumph helmet for my Titan this week.  It looks good, especially with the Chroma.  And it keeps me at Tier 11.

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

• 1481 posts

He's still alive at this moment in time because I realized a pretty big flaw in my overall plan.

The Overall plan was this. 

Delete the Titan

Create Hunter #2, but this time an Exo

Level up Exo Hunter Subclasses

Transfer over Gear from Hunter 1 to Hunter 2

Delete Hunter 1

Maybe remake a Titan …

But, the big snag in the plan is Hunter 1 carries the majority of rep for two of the factions.  FWC and DO. 

So I'd have to rebuild up that again.  And thats not something I'm overly interested in attempting to do again before D2 drops. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Question