Photo

D2 Poster Leaked? Beta inbound (heavy panting)

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

Sidearmmeta

Sidearmmeta

Forum Sergeant

• 74 posts

Attached File  C7me5YaXkAUKg2c.jpg   125.65KB   1 downloadsOkay,so many of you by now know me as one of the more cynical and angry members of the community. I'm not even playing Destiny right now

BUT

Behold this picture

Things to note,rapid fire style

Top left/right,looks like the PS4 branding. This likely indicates exclusives. Sorry xbox.

2 THERE WILL BE A BETA (Word beta)

3 Looks ke some interesting stuff. For one,for the first time ever,the promotional art features guardians without their helmets. Also looks like some suros style titan armor? 

The date,September 8th,which is pretty in-line with predictions so far

I think this is real. It looks too good to be fake,and so far,we really haven't had any bad leaks as far as Destiny is concerned. But enough about me,what do you think?

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5205 posts

d64f2726-2d61-413c-a53f-c26441640978-664

It seems legit.  They are actual posters, not just artwork.  So that lends some credibility for me.   

September 8th release is a Friday.  Do games get released on a Friday?  

Also, on a previous post of mine, I mentioned August 29th as a date to look out for, this is right around that time.  

It's been a few years since I worked at Software Etc.  But when do they send out the pre-order materials to the game outlets?  Is this too early for that?  If E3 isn't until June when we thought they'd mention the release date, this is three months ahead of time.  ??

HockeyDad21

HockeyDad21

Forum Colonel

• 1893 posts

Seems legit as well. I did notice the helmetless guardians and how "human" they looked. Not sure about the woman in the back left too. No other races were being depicted. Don't really see any ships, planets, aliens and the such as well either.  Just have to really see what we see at E3 I guess.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4276 posts

There better be helmets or I'm gonna riot !!!!!!

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5205 posts

Seems legit as well. I did notice the helmetless guardians and how "human" they looked. Not sure about the woman in the back left too. No other races were being depicted. Don't really see any ships, planets, aliens and the such as well either.  Just have to really see what we see at E3 I guess.

These look like the live action characters they use in the commercials.

I just noticed at the end of this trailer.  Destiny was released 9/9/2014. So a release date of 9/8 isn't too far off except for it being a Friday.

Poster is confirmed real

https://twitter.com/...914007916134400

HockeyDad21

HockeyDad21

Forum Colonel

• 1893 posts

That titan is wielding a stapler for a weapon. 

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

Undead Hunter Master race

• 1534 posts

Rail gun??

Part fusion part sniper?

Lil'Ubo

Lil'Ubo

Forum Admiral

• 6659 posts

Italian release date...

HYPUUUUU

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5205 posts

Italian release date...

HYPUUUUU

Damn Italians... glad I'm only half...

Adkyth

Adkyth

Forum Lieutenant

• 297 posts

Damn Italians... glad I'm only half...

In this case, be glad, since you would likely be getting it several days before them.

HockeyDad21

HockeyDad21

Forum Colonel

• 1893 posts

If I look at other pictures of the poster, I think I see a fallen ship there in the background. Yes? No?

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5205 posts

If I look at other pictures of the poster, I think I see a fallen ship there in the background. Yes? No?

It is a ship that is in mid air, it is in the process of falling, it hasn't fully fallen, yet...

And they are on Earth, as you can see the Traveller in the background.

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Lore Apprentice

• 431 posts

It is a ship that is in mid air, it is in the process of falling, it hasn't fully fallen, yet...

And they are on Earth, as you can see the Traveller in the background.

Well it could be a location more like Mars, considering the red sandy atmosphere.

*GASP*

Wait, guys, what if the Cabal invaded Earth and managed to move the Traveller away from there and back to Mars??? And then our mission is to get it back to Earth again???

Actually, nevermind, those are definitely human structures in the background.

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5205 posts

BTW, looks like it is confirmed on PC.

tideczV.png

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Lore Apprentice

• 431 posts

That will be interesting to see how Bungie handles mechanics and weapons with PC.

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5205 posts

That will be interesting to see how Bungie handles mechanics and weapons with PC.

in what way?

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Lore Apprentice

• 431 posts

Mainly things such as controls and balancing. I must admit, I haven't played a whole lot of PC FPS's (yeah, i'm a console nerd  :laugh: ), but it seems like patch notes and things like that might affect PC players differently to console players. I'm probably wrong on that, don't take my word for it.

Zydron

Zydron

Forum Lieutenant

• 293 posts

Are we not gonna talk about the SUROS shotgun and the SUROS Titan armor? SEXY

Sidearmmeta

Sidearmmeta

Forum Sergeant

• 74 posts

Yeah,that armor has me pretty stiff

I mean excited

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4276 posts

No we aren't going to talk about it , there are no helmets so , I still think there's a slim chance it a hoax !! 

Yes I'm calling BS !!! Until Bungie announces it it's NOT real, yet !!! 

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Lore Apprentice

• 431 posts

No we aren't going to talk about it , there are no helmets so , I still think there's a slim chance it a hoax !! 

Yes I'm calling BS !!! Until Bungie announces it it's NOT real, yet !!! 

Wasn't there a tweet that confirmed it?

Lil'Ubo

Lil'Ubo

Forum Admiral

• 6659 posts

It wasn't never confirmed nor denied by Bungie. It is too early to announce with Age of Triumph being released

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4276 posts

It wasn't never confirmed nor denied by Bungie. It is too early to announce with Age of Triumph being released

That is why I'm calling BS !!!!

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Lore Apprentice

• 431 posts

Well regardless, they've often been very immediate to respond in regards to false information about content. Anyone remember, "Forge of Nope?". They were quick to dismiss that. About two days after that article was posted, they confirmed it was false. Besides, it's got a playstation logo and everything, so I'm a believer.

Lil'Ubo

Lil'Ubo

Forum Admiral

• 6659 posts

There are two poster pictures now. One in Italian for ps4, now a German poster.