Photo

Exotic Raid Primary Weapons

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Annoying Tick

• 316 posts

So, Elemental Raid Primary weapons are coming back to Destiny, as Exotics you get from completing the weekly rotated Raids. This is nice and all (not quite what I would've liked; Rick Kackis had suggested that we be able to apply our own elemental burns to the weapons we want them on, which I would've liked, but I guess that could've taken a lot of development time), but in my mind it creates issues with exotics.

The fact that these weapons have elemental burns on them does not immediately warrant them being exotic, at least not in my mind. I would like to see that Bungie adds another perk to them, whether that be a regular perk or an unique exotic perk, to actually make them feel more exotic.

There is also one particular weapon that troubles me when put into exotic form: the Fatebringer.

Hold on a moment, put the torches and pitchforks down, I'm not bashing the idea of an exotic Fatebringer. But what about the Ace of Spades?

This has been one of my favourite exotic weapons for a long time. It's easy to obtain, beautiful looking and surprisingly effective. Take Maverick out of the equation, and you've basically got yourself an exotic Fatebringer already. Heck, they even have similar (if not the same) stats. What I'm trying to say is that if we're going to have an exotic Fatebringer, which basically already exists, Bungie needs to give people a reason to use AOS, and the fact that it's easier to obtain than the Adept Fatebringer is not an excuse. A new perk, better stats, new perk layout, SOMETHING to make it more exotic among the exotic Hand Cannons.
What do you think? Am I ranting about nothing? Or do you agree?

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4002 posts

I think the biggest problem with the whole thing is your going to have to grind/farm the raids to get what you want ,another problem is gong to be getting together a fireteam to do this. I guess now you can get a Necrochasm without a Crux ,I still need a Crux for my year one Eidolon (gonna try again this weekend) ,even though they added some new stuff ,it's not going to be easy for some of us to get ,I'm still not 400 yet hopefully soon ,I'm working on it ! I would have liked to have seen some new content added like a new strike or a couple story missions but I guess not.

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

Undead Hunter Master race

• 1481 posts

I don't know about the rest of you, but grinding this late in he game isn't exactly sounding fun.

If they had done this at some point last year I would have been more than giddy to jump in and grind away.  

But now ... I'm just not that interested anymore.  

I'll probably give the new raids a shot just to see whats changed.  But I don't see myself grinding them anymore.  

Not with a whole new world not to far off in the horizon.  

teppic

teppic

Forum Captain

• 499 posts

I don't know about the rest of you, but grinding this late in he game isn't exactly sounding fun.

If they had done this at some point last year I would have been more than giddy to jump in and grind away.  

But now ... I'm just not that interested anymore.  

I'll probably give the new raids a shot just to see whats changed.  But I don't see myself grinding them anymore.  

Not with a whole new world not to far off in the horizon.  

I have the same feeling. And it doesn't look easy either. Those exotic raid weapons drop when completing the CHALLENGE of the weekly raid, not even for completing the raid. Considering I could never complete a single WotM challenge with the teams I play with (too difficult, we always fail), and the RNG aspect, getting those "adept" weapons or the armor's ornaments sounds quite unreachable to me. And I no longer have the time to invest into this.

They should have thrown everything at us like candies to end D1 like a big fireworks, with everything available to everyone, so all players have fun, but instead they introduced more grind...

I'm better playing Titanfall 2, at least you always get something even when you lose and all gear is guaranted to unlock at some time. I'll try those renewed raids for fun but I won't grind for the gear, no way.

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Annoying Tick

• 316 posts

I've personally never even played one of the raids before, even despite being a long-time player. Parental restrictions prevent me from doing anything like that, so I end up having to try to solo one (I tried to do that with VOG once, and I immediately noped out of it). I would definitely try and get the gear if I could though.

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4846 posts

They took most of the grind away by not increasing the light level.  The rest is just actual playing the game by doing the Raids.  How is that really grinding?

• sgtcoy likes this

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

Undead Hunter Master race

• 1481 posts

They took most of the grind away by not increasing the light level. The rest is just actual playing the game by doing the Raids. How is that really grinding?

What I mean is I'm not going to obsessively play through the new raids week after week hoping RNG will smile on me and give me the loot I want.

While the stuff looks cool, I'm not going to obsess over getting it all.

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4846 posts

What I mean is I'm not going to obsessively play through the new raids week after week hoping RNG will smile on me and give me the loot I want.

While the stuff looks cool, I'm not going to obsess over getting it all.

I fully understand.  But I have a feeling, stuff is going to drop like flies in this DLC.  Give everyone everything. Then take it all away in D2.

• sgtcoy likes this

Adkyth

Adkyth

Forum Lieutenant

• 297 posts

So, Elemental Raid Primary weapons are coming back to Destiny, as Exotics you get from completing the weekly rotated Raids. This is nice and all (not quite what I would've liked; Rick Kackis had suggested that we be able to apply our own elemental burns to the weapons we want them on, which I would've liked, but I guess that could've taken a lot of development time), but in my mind it creates issues with exotics.

The fact that these weapons have elemental burns on them does not immediately warrant them being exotic, at least not in my mind. I would like to see that Bungie adds another perk to them, whether that be a regular perk or an unique exotic perk, to actually make them feel more exotic.

There is also one particular weapon that troubles me when put into exotic form: the Fatebringer.

Hold on a moment, put the torches and pitchforks down, I'm not bashing the idea of an exotic Fatebringer. But what about the Ace of Spades?

This has been one of my favourite exotic weapons for a long time. It's easy to obtain, beautiful looking and surprisingly effective. Take Maverick out of the equation, and you've basically got yourself an exotic Fatebringer already. Heck, they even have similar (if not the same) stats. What I'm trying to say is that if we're going to have an exotic Fatebringer, which basically already exists, Bungie needs to give people a reason to use AOS, and the fact that it's easier to obtain than the Adept Fatebringer is not an excuse. A new perk, better stats, new perk layout, SOMETHING to make it more exotic among the exotic Hand Cannons.
What do you think? Am I ranting about nothing? Or do you agree?

Wait...so you're saying that you have an exotic handcannon, and instead of one perk (maverick) there is a different perk (arc damage) but that's not enough? Right now for anything arc burn, you have one primary to pick from. For any other burns, you don't get to take advantage...soon you will be able to.

They are trying to expand a means to feel more powerful in strikes/raids or the new heroic story playlist that will be coming out.

Besides, since you didn't have an OG fatebringer in Y1, you may not fully appreciate that many are pining for it, not just as "Da most powerful weapon evah" but because it will be the ultimate throwback.

• sgtcoy likes this

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Annoying Tick

• 316 posts

Wait...so you're saying that you have an exotic handcannon, and instead of one perk (maverick) there is a different perk (arc damage) but that's not enough? Right now for anything arc burn, you have one primary to pick from. For any other burns, you don't get to take advantage...soon you will be able to.

They are trying to expand a means to feel more powerful in strikes/raids or the new heroic story playlist that will be coming out.

Besides, since you didn't have an OG fatebringer in Y1, you may not fully appreciate that many are pining for it, not just as "Da most powerful weapon evah" but because it will be the ultimate throwback.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for an exotic Fatebringer. I just don't think having Arc damage immediately warrants it an exotic slot.

Also, my point with Ace of Spades is that I don't think anyone will use it with the arrival of such an exotic,  so I think something will need to be changed to make it worth using again (though now that I think about it, Maverick is basically an alternative Outlaw, so it would be more accurate to call it a Fatebringer with Third Eye). 

Adkyth

Adkyth

Forum Lieutenant

• 297 posts

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for an exotic Fatebringer. I just don't think having Arc damage immediately warrants it an exotic slot.

Also, my point with Ace of Spades is that I don't think anyone will use it with the arrival of such an exotic,  so I think something will need to be changed to make it worth using again (though now that I think about it, Maverick is basically an alternative Outlaw, so it would be more accurate to call it a Fatebringer with Third Eye). 

If you're assuming that fatebringer as it exists today is brought to max light and is an exotic...well maybe, sure? The goal is to provide an expanded arsenal at a time when we are also MASSIVELY expanding the number of activities. Nightfall playlists, story playlists, strikes, plus PvP. This means that you'll have more options. There will be some situations where Fatebringer will be superior (and even if it's not, many will use it just because) but there will also be plenty of times when AoS is the better tool.

What's crazy is that, really we have no idea about any of it, other than "Fatebringer will do arc damage and looks different". You're not just ranting and speculating, you're ranting ABOUT speculating.

Relax and enjoy the ride dude.

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Annoying Tick

• 316 posts

If you're assuming that fatebringer as it exists today is brought to max light and is an exotic...well maybe, sure? The goal is to provide an expanded arsenal at a time when we are also MASSIVELY expanding the number of activities. Nightfall playlists, story playlists, strikes, plus PvP. This means that you'll have more options. There will be some situations where Fatebringer will be superior (and even if it's not, many will use it just because) but there will also be plenty of times when AoS is the better tool.

What's crazy is that, really we have no idea about any of it, other than "Fatebringer will do arc damage and looks different". You're not just ranting and speculating, you're ranting ABOUT speculating.

Relax and enjoy the ride dude.

Trust me, this is NOT what ranting looks like from me. Again, I'm excited for this! Yes! Please give us these adept raid primaries! That sounds amazing! I just HOPE that there'll be something more to them than that.

I'm excited for this update, I really am. I'm just expressing my opinions on these topics. To me, PERSONALLY, adding an elemental damage type isn't immediately making something like Zaouli's Bane worth the exotic slot, but some people will think otherwise, and I get that. Whether something's actually worth it or not all comes down to player preference.

Adkyth

Adkyth

Forum Lieutenant

• 297 posts

Trust me, this is NOT what ranting looks like from me. Again, I'm excited for this! Yes! Please give us these adept raid primaries! That sounds amazing! I just HOPE that there'll be something more to them than that.

I'm excited for this update, I really am. I'm just expressing my opinions on these topics. To me, PERSONALLY, adding an elemental damage type isn't immediately making something like Zaouli's Bane worth the exotic slot, but some people will think otherwise, and I get that. Whether something's actually worth it or not all comes down to player preference.

Some of the weapons may never be useful in PvP, but I wouldn't be surprised if they hand-picked perks for the exotic versions of the primaries that really helps them shine. I guess we'll see!

teppic

teppic

Forum Captain

• 499 posts

I hope they modified the raid gear of VoG and CE on the same model as WotM (and to a lesser extend KF). WotM raid gear is the best raid gear in its concept as it's designed to fight Fallen but not only in the raid, i'ts usefull in any Fallen activity. So I hope they made VoG weapons with increased Vex damage, CE weapons with increased Hive damage, and armors useful also out of the raid.

This would motivate me to have a full gear set of every raid

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Annoying Tick

• 316 posts

I hope they modified the raid gear of VoG and CE on the same model as WotM (and to a lesser extend KF). WotM raid gear is the best raid gear in its concept as it's designed to fight Fallen but not only in the raid, i'ts usefull in any Fallen activity. So I hope they made VoG weapons with increased Vex damage, CE weapons with increased Hive damage, and armors useful also out of the raid.

This would motivate me to have a full gear set of every raid

I would imagine that the VOG weapons would have the Oracle Disruptor perk, and the CE weapons would have the Hive Disruptor perk. So while I think the CE weapons might be fine for an exclusive perk, I definitely agree with you on the VOG and KF weapons. Oracle Disruptor is too specific to the raid to be of any other use, and the KF weapons simply have nothing going for them in that area (except for the Life Leech perk that some of them can roll with, though even that isn't much to write home about). For the Adept primaries, you'd just need to add one more perk to them. Heck, it doesn't even have to be exclusive. Just something to give them a little more utility.

teppic

teppic

Forum Captain

• 499 posts

KF weapons have increased damage to Taken and the Cocoon perk, which I find nice. What is a bit silly is that most enemies in the raid are Hive, not Taken...

However yes, the VoG and CE weapons are too specific (increased damage to Oracles, or Hive Majors) to be really useful outside of their respective raids, I'd like that they change it to increased damage to Vex and Hive.

WoC was the only gun with White Nail at this time, but now most HCs can roll Triple Tap, so it needs a new original perk.

Piercing Knights' shields is super cool on Oversoul Edict and Song of Ir Yût, but HoC and Swordbreaker have nothing special, ...

But we'll see very soon what has changed! I'm gonna dig the database tonight for sure!

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Annoying Tick

• 316 posts

KF weapons have increased damage to Taken and the Cocoon perk, which I find nice. What is a bit silly is that most enemies in the raid are Hive, not Taken...

However yes, the VoG and CE weapons are too specific (increased damage to Oracles, or Hive Majors) to be really useful outside of their respective raids, I'd like that they change it to increased damage to Vex and Hive.

WoC was the only gun with White Nail at this time, but now most HCs can roll Triple Tap, so it needs a new original perk.

Piercing Knights' shields is super cool on Oversoul Edict and Song of Ir Yût, but HoC and Swordbreaker have nothing special, ...

But we'll see very soon what has changed! I'm gonna dig the database tonight for sure!

Oh yeah, I forgot about Cocoon. I really wish that had become a more general perk, it would actually be quite useful in a lot of situations. Does anybody know exactly what time the update goes live?

teppic

teppic

Forum Captain

• 499 posts

6 pm GMT isn't it?

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4002 posts

They can keep the weapons, I want the new Crota armor , and I've heard the drops are stingy !! 

Zydron

Zydron

Forum Lieutenant

• 293 posts

They can keep the weapons, I want the new Crota armor , and I've heard the drops are stingy !! 

Did both challenges yesterday, didn't get a single piece of armor

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4002 posts

Did both challenges yesterday, didn't get a single piece of armor

That's what I've been hearing ,I have weapons ,I want some armor !!

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Annoying Tick

• 316 posts

Meh, CE armour wasn't really that impressive to me, neither was KF. VOG and WOTM? OOOOOOH YES.

Zero1687

Zero1687

Forum Lieutenant

• 190 posts

That's what I've been hearing ,I have weapons ,I want some armor !!

I got the bond and the arms for my Warlock. Have yet to kill Crota as my team was out of sync during the end fight. Also got the Fusion and Adept Edict, which sucks because now I have 2 primaries with Arc burn :P 

Kingdomville

Kingdomville

Annoying Tick

• 316 posts

I got the bond and the arms for my Warlock. Have yet to kill Crota as my team was out of sync during the end fight. Also got the Fusion and Adept Edict, which sucks because now I have 2 primaries with Arc burn :P

Well, at least you have more options when it comes to Arc burn modifiers!

Zero1687

Zero1687

Forum Lieutenant

• 190 posts

Well, at least you have more options when it comes to Arc burn modifiers!

True. Still, we managed to kill Crota last night. It was funny because we ended on a heroic note. Raid style. I kind missed that since WotM does not allow much in terms of 1 man saving all. 

I got the Word of Crota Adept from doing the Crota Challenge so now I also have a Void burn, and possibly the second best Void Primary. Until I get the Chelchis again. I also got the Helmet for my warlock and I'm loving it. 

• Vipertec and Kingdomville like this