Iron Banner 2/28

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

HockeyDad21

HockeyDad21

Forum Colonel

• 1885 posts

https://www.bungie.n...s/Article/45688

Game mode will be supremacy. Good luck to all and hope to see you out there.

• michael6745 likes this

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4254 posts

With sidearms it should be loads of fun !!

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5184 posts

Oh joy.  Supremacy.  As Viper said, with sidearms it's going to interesting.  I see a lot of sniping going on as well. But we'll see.  

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4254 posts

Time to bust out the Teacup Tempest!! And maybe The Tressasset ! Fun times will be had by all................maybe

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5184 posts

Well, I forayed into the Iron Banner Supremacy last night for about an hour. It was a plethora of Sidearms and Icebreakers.  It got so bad, I decided to main my Conviction II.  Depending on the map, that was a good plan.  

I played one game on Blind Watch and it was horrific.  I think it was about the 5 minute mark that I actually gathered my first crest.  The bad part was, I was second high score on my team.  That hallway was a bloodbath.  I just couldn't collect any crests.

This is the first time I've played Supremacy since the 2.5.0.2 patch, so I'm still wrapping my head around the special ammo economy.  I've been playing mostly Mayhem Clash since the patch.  Playing Supremacy takes a completely different strategy than the other game modes and I just need to figure out what my strategy is.  Once map, I was top score.  Another map I was at the bottom.  I just need to play more to figure it out.

I also have to learn to stay as a team and team shot rather than trying to 1 v 3.  That's my biggest problem.

It'll be Thursday probably before I get to play again.  My PS4 is put up while they replace the carpet in my house.  My SCUF controller arrives today.  So Thursday is going to be interesting.

HockeyDad21

HockeyDad21

Forum Colonel

• 1885 posts

I am a big fan of sidearms but it's really said that it seems like I am constantly outgunned by them when I'm using my primary. Then again, it could be me just not playing the map and angles correctly. 

#sidearms were always great!

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5184 posts

I did much better in the IB last night.  Finally figuring it out.  I ran my Eyasluna on small maps and MIDA on large maps. Paired with a sidearm, I did well. 

The only problem is I would be top score one game and the bottom the next and top the next game.  Whatever. LOL.

I ran my new SCUF controller and wow. What a difference in my game play.  Just two items on it changed my game play.

Moving jump to the paddle, I was able to jump out of situations quicker since I didn't have to move my finger to the button and that saved me.  I also adjusted the hair trigger to fire when I sneeze, paired with the trigger pull stop, my firing reaction time was much quicker. Per another post, my reaction time is average at best, so removing much of the trigger throw distance and the time to active the shot changed the outcome of several firefights.

• HockeyDad21 likes this

HockeyDad21

HockeyDad21

Forum Colonel

• 1885 posts

I got 2 Laughing Hearts so far each with Hidden Hand and Quickdraw so I was pleasantly surprised getting some good loot to this point. 

teppic

teppic

Forum Captain

• 499 posts

I did much better in the IB last night.  Finally figuring it out.  I ran my Eyasluna on small maps and MIDA on large maps. Paired with a sidearm, I did well. 

The only problem is I would be top score one game and the bottom the next and top the next game.  Whatever. LOL.

I ran my new SCUF controller and wow. What a difference in my game play.  Just two items on it changed my game play.

Moving jump to the paddle, I was able to jump out of situations quicker since I didn't have to move my finger to the button and that saved me.  I also adjusted the hair trigger to fire when I sneeze, paired with the trigger pull stop, my firing reaction time was much quicker. Per another post, my reaction time is average at best, so removing much of the trigger throw distance and the time to active the shot changed the outcome of several firefights.

That sounds awesome!

However, in a competitive setting, would this be considered as cheating?

I played a private match last weekend with clanmates. One of them plays K+M, I know it. He's really good btw, but how he destroyed our team was disgusting. So I wondered...

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5184 posts

That sounds awesome!

However, in a competitive setting, would this be considered as cheating?

I played a private match last weekend with clanmates. One of them plays K+M, I know it. He's really good btw, but how he destroyed our team was disgusting. So I wondered...

How would it be considered cheating when all the competative players use them?

wonega

wonega

Forum Lieutenant

• 259 posts

Supremacy is a shotgun game mode with very few people with shotguns, any Warlock amongst us however can make good use of Transversive Steps

teppic

teppic

Forum Captain

• 499 posts

How would it be considered cheating when all the competative players use them?

I'm asking the question. If you don't have it you're at a disadvantage. Unless you're kjhovey, if I remember well he said in a Q&A video that he considered scuffs as cheating and he's using only the regular controller.

And is K+M considered cheating or not? It's available to anyone but not everyone is using that...

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5184 posts

I'm asking the question. If you don't have it you're at a disadvantage. Unless you're kjhovey, if I remember well he said in a Q&A video that he considered scuffs as cheating and he's using only the regular controller.

And is K+M considered cheating or not? It's available to anyone but not everyone is using that...

I don't know if it is considered cheating.  It's a tool that is available.  

OMG OMG OMG OMG.

I finally got it!!!!!  Iron Banner didn't fail me this time!!!!!!

In Destiny Y1.  I was sporting the Mantle of Perun, The Iron Breed Vest and the Iron Breed Mask.  I never had Iron Banner arms or legs in Y1.  But I loved the way my hunter looked.  I ground hard in Y1 to get the Iron Breed Mask.  I thought it was the best looking helmet.

I was so disappointed when I couldn't bring them to Y2.  But I loved my Iron Camelot Helmet, The Iron companion vest.

I was very happy when they brought the Mantle of Perun back for Y3.  I picked it up from Shiro and haven't taken it off. 

A while back I did the Old Dusty Engram from Lord Saladin and it popped as a 400 Iron Breed vest.

Last night I finally received an Iron Breed Mask as a post game reward!!!!!  I was so excited.  I bought a bunch of Old Dusty Engrams from Saladin trying to get this helmet.  I can now get my Y1 look back.  

BTW, I still have that Y1 armor.  

• HockeyDad21 likes this

teppic

teppic

Forum Captain

• 499 posts

I'm so jealous, those Y1 IB armors are so good looking!

The RoI IB armor is one of the rare fail they did cosmetically speaking in my opinion. The titan's and hunter's chests are ugly, and the warlock's helm is even uglier.

But it's a very clever move to make those Y1/2 armor parts drop in postgame rewards and in the dusty engrams.

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5184 posts

I'm so jealous, those Y1 IB armors are so good looking!

The RoI IB armor is one of the rare fail they did cosmetically speaking in my opinion. The titan's and hunter's chests are ugly, and the warlock's helm is even uglier.

But it's a very clever move to make those Y1/2 armor parts drop in postgame rewards and in the dusty engrams.

I actually like the Warlock Helmet, Over some of the other "fish head" helmets they have.  But I don't use my Warlock often.

I agree though, there's not much I really like in the RoI armor when it comes to cosmetics.  

I got an Iron Regalia Helmet for my Titan trough a dusty engram.  I've not taken it off either.

@teppic  Keep plugging away at IB.  hopefully the Helm will drop for you.  I whooped out loud when it did for me.  

Zero1687

Zero1687

Forum Lieutenant

• 190 posts

Played some matches last night. Actually couldn't sleep so I was gaming at 4AM, not the best hour considering I had been working all day. Got a couple of decent matches. Found only a single red bar. What I did noticed was that some enemies were inmune to bullets, even though they were green bars. I even had to team fire a guy, who was tethered to take him down. Took us 3 HCs and 4 full burst from a Blind Perdition to take him down. 

I was also 1 shotted from a non buffed Ice Breaker (no WoL) a couple of times, and 2 tapped by TLW and worst of all, MIDA. I would guess this was mostly lag, specially MIDA, but I don't know. It would not surprise me if the guys pulling that crap were tampering with the network. 

Anyway, I got a single Laughing Heart, an Artifact and nothing else. Though I did only play like 5 or 6 matches. My bounties gave me 2 chest pieces and a sidearm. 

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5184 posts

I some weird stuff happen last night as well.  For the first time ever, I popped my golden gun and then my screen froze for about 2 seconds.  I died pretty quick.  It's amazing what happens in 2 seconds of Destiny.

I also had some laggy weird stuff going on, but can't explain it all.

teppic

teppic

Forum Captain

• 499 posts

The lag is incredible during this IB.

I have a video I should edit, there's a guy running towards me, when I shoot him in the head my audio goes nuts and he takes no damage at all. Then someone else kills me and I see on the game roster that the guy's name is not even there...

Phantom in the Machine...?

(and the helmet drop rate is incredibly low, still no helmet for me...)

WardenMagen

WardenMagen

Forum Lieutenant

• 230 posts

I've enjoyed this IB, my new controller making it a little more interesting. Not too many laggy matches, although one red bar warrior in a match was unstoppable and took no damage from a rocket point blank. Wasn't littered with SG's or NLB as I expected. Also a wide variety of primaries in use

I'm loving my sidearm use again. I liked before I moved to FR's, but the current economy simply makes more sense, and they are really working for me. I have a decent Wormwood, but my Crow's Eye is the go to

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5184 posts

One of the games I played on Saturday was interesting.  We spawn in and I'm on a team of two (2). I figured, great, 2v2.  Nope!!  It was 2v6.  So I figured more would spawn in.  Nope!! 2v6 the whole match.

The fun thing was, the other guy and I made a go of it.  I figured he'd leave.  I got a total of 6 kills, but never any crests picked up.  We lost 62 to 6.  We tried though.  LOL...  Can't do much when you're being team shot the entire match.  Oh well. 

I had another match that my team was just totally outclassed.  We lost 121 to 48. It was on Skyline and they were a full fireteam. They went into the middle room and had snipers covering every entrance.  They had at least two defender Titan and bubbles up all the time.  It was a massacre.  It was the first time I was ever blanked in a full 6v6 game.

HockeyDad21

HockeyDad21

Forum Colonel

• 1885 posts

I am having alot of fun this IB. I wasn't sure how the special ammo economy was gonna play out but the matches have been really fun to play for the most part. I was running around with a variety of primaries - AR, pulse, scout and HC -  and then sticking it out with a sniper just to change things up. Now I am not really that good with sniping but was having some fun. Tired of getting artifacts but did get a Lingering Song I think I am gonna keep.

redafro1980

redafro1980

Forum Lieutenant

• 225 posts

It just bums me out that really none of IB guns are very relevant. The heavy is best in class but beyond that nothing sticks out. I don't get Distant Star. With stability perk the ammo drops to 10! Got to be fucking kidding me. Clever Dragon has been  nerfed to kingdom come, Unbent Tree is OK, Lingering Song is maybe 7-8th best HC option, Shotgun sucks, Sidearm sucks, Sniper sucks. What is worth grinding for??

teppic

teppic

Forum Captain

• 499 posts

It just bums me out that really none of IB guns are very relevant. The heavy is best in class but beyond that nothing sticks out. I don't get Distant Star. With stability perk the ammo drops to 10! Got to be fucking kidding me. Clever Dragon has been  nerfed to kingdom come, Unbent Tree is OK, Lingering Song is maybe 7-8th best HC option, Shotgun sucks, Sidearm sucks, Sniper sucks. What is worth grinding for??

Distant Star is absolutely great and well balanced (the low ammo mag is a compromise to make the gun not OP). 

Unbent Tree is ok but victim of the excessive nerf of all high-RoF ARs

Clever Dragon is still good, but once again victim of the overkill nerf to all highest RoF pulses

Lingering Song is the best high impact HC available

Special weapons are all meh, I can't understand what they thought about when they designed them?

Titanium Orchid is meh, too low Inventory and badly designed perk tree

Silvered Dread is probably one of the (if not the) best MG currently available in the game

It's ok for me. I just wish they release dusty engrams that give the old IB weapons like they did with the old armor pieces.

redafro1980

redafro1980

Forum Lieutenant

• 225 posts

Maybe all of my rolls on distant Star have been horrible. I would much rather use DIS, Burning Eye, Cryptic Dragon, MIDA, Colovance, Hand Judgement before  Distant Star. Mag size makes it unusable. What roll makes it usable? Certainly not one with stability where you lose mag size

teppic

teppic

Forum Captain

• 499 posts

Maybe all of my rolls on distant Star have been horrible. I would much rather use DIS, Burning Eye, Cryptic Dragon, MIDA, Colovance, Hand Judgement before  Distant Star. Mag size makes it unusable. What roll makes it usable? Certainly not one with stability where you lose mag size

I'm using the vendor roll with Braced Frame + Extended Mag. On close quarter maps I can use HLS + Extended Mag or Full Auto. Firefly for PvE, Hidden Hand for PvP.

But I agree, none of the IB weapons are as powerfull as were those from the past IB (Felwinter's, Finnala's, Efrideet's, etc). I find them quite well balanced though, and fun to use.