10+ Armor on Titan = Sh*t With Newest "hotfix"

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Crepitus1337

Crepitus1337

New Blood

• 5 posts

Okay,

So I had built my Titan on having 11 Armor (MAX Armor + Armor bonus with Arc based subclass) and was able to survive all kinds of things not normally survived IE Shoulder Charge, Shadow Shot Arrow, Magnetic Grenade blast (first blast) along with all kinds of other things. Now it just seems normal again. What is the point of having a high armor class anymore?!

Should this have been patched? I mean I lose all kinds of agility and recovery spec'ing this way but at a great tangible trade off.

Attached Files

HockeyDad21

HockeyDad21

Forum Colonel

• 1885 posts

Just curious: is your armor now at 10 after the fix or are the attacks like shoulder charge and shadow shot doing more damage? Can you describe what was happening to you yesterday to maybe give some of us a reference point?

• Crepitus1337 likes this

Crepitus1337

Crepitus1337

New Blood

• 5 posts

The fix:

"General Classes

Reduced the health of Guardians with Armor values exceeding 10

Increased the damage of Shoulder Charge, Magnetic and Flux Grenade to ensure effectiveness across all armor values"

So now my MAX ARMOR build has no tangible effects at all. Whelp, time to dust off my Mk. 44 Stand Asides and start shoulder charging again...

Adkyth

Adkyth

Forum Lieutenant

• 297 posts

The way it used to work was that each successive point in armor had an increased benefit...meaning the difference between 10-11 armor is greater than the difference between 9-10. This meant that if you hit 13 armor on a titan it was a pretty significant benefit. What they did was reduce how quickly it scaled up after 10. So you will still receive a benefit, just not as much.

I believe it was tested that going beyond 10 will still allow you to survive the HC 3-tap, which is a big benefit

BK54

BK54

Forum Lieutenant

• 176 posts

Do the Feedback Fences still work? I've survived many shoulder charges thanks to those things xD