Photo

Zone Control ending in a Tie ???

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4234 posts

Played a Zone Control match last night , the team I was on was leading most of the Match , the Shax say 10 seconds left , followed by "too close to call" then a second or 2 later ,"we'll call it a draw !" I was like WTF !!!!  I was just wondering if this has ever happened to anyone before , I don't play a lot of Crucible so this was the first time , Is this normal ??

HockeyDad21

HockeyDad21

Forum Colonel

• 1880 posts

Ties in crucible are definitely a rarity  - I think you have better luck winning the lottery - but I do know I have been in a game which was tied as well. SBMM or CBMM at work here? lol

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5162 posts

I think I've had one maybe two games ending in a tie.  But I don't think it was Zone Control.  As Hockeydad stated, it's a rarity, but it does happen.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4234 posts

I still need 5 more wins for my exotic Titan mark !!

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5162 posts

I still need 5 more wins for my exotic Titan mark !!

I got my final 5 wins last night for my Titan Mark.  I just need to do eight more Heroics.  bleh...

teppic

teppic

Forum Captain

• 499 posts

Yeah, Zone Control is the mode in which you have the highest chance of ending on a Tie, because the score is not linked to kills but only to a fixed number of points earned at regular interval. If both teams control only one zone for the whole match, it'll end in a Tie. It happenend to me a couple of times.

I got a Tie only once in another game mode, I think it was Clash but I'm not sure. That was incredible, the exact same points for both teams

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4234 posts

I got my final 5 wins last night for my Titan Mark.  I just need to do eight more Heroics.  bleh...

I did those first , Then I have to do it all again on my Hunter !  I did my Warlock a while ago .

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5162 posts

I did those first , Then I have to do it all again on my Hunter !  I did my Warlock a while ago .

I've gotten really tired of running strikes.  Did them for three weeks straight after the update.  Which sucked because I wasn't to the point of the quest until after I was tired of running strikes.  Oh well.  

I completed my Hunter a year ago.  This is my first one for my Titan and I'm not even close with my Warlock.  One toon was fun, three is work.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4234 posts

I've gotten really tired of running strikes.  Did them for three weeks straight after the update.  Which sucked because I wasn't to the point of the quest until after I was tired of running strikes.  Oh well.  

I completed my Hunter a year ago.  This is my first one for my Titan and I'm not even close with my Warlock.  One toon was fun, three is work.

I think I going to Join my Warlock to New Monarchy , they have a nice little sidearm , my GF has it I forget what it's called . I still have to do the last part of the Exotic sword quest on two characters , I already have the void sword ' now I need the other two ! Then I'll figure how to get the Vex  and a Crux  to get those weapons maybe even try the Kings Fall to get TOM , at least I have something to do to keep playing , for some reason I can't stop playing Destiny ! 

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5162 posts

I think I going to Join my Warlock to New Monarchy , they have a nice little sidearm , my GF has it I forget what it's called . I still have to do the last part of the Exotic sword quest on two characters , I already have the void sword ' now I need the other two ! Then I'll figure how to get the Vex  and a Crux  to get those weapons maybe even try the Kings Fall to get TOM , at least I have something to do to keep playing , for some reason I can't stop playing Destiny ! 

You still don't have Icebreaker?  I got mine last week right before I went on vacation.  

I need the Vex and Crux as well, but don't know if I'll ever get them.  Don't run those raids enough.  I'm trying to learn Crota in order to solo it and try to get a flawless raider as well.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4234 posts

No , no Icebreaker yet ,it's getting harder and harder to find people to do NF with and I'm not good enough to solo it in a half an hour !

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5162 posts

No , no Icebreaker yet ,it's getting harder and harder to find people to do NF with and I'm not good enough to solo it in a half an hour !

If you were on PSN I'd help you.  That sucks that you can't find two others on XBL to help run NF.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4234 posts

I usually have one (the GF) but finding a 3rd can be tough sometimes ,the GF got her Icebreaker already so she's not playing as much ,I may have to resort to LFG !! Even my clan isn't playing that much ,I still grind away !!