Photo

Supremacy Weekly Bounty

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5114 posts

I've been working on the Weekly Bounty for Shaxx.  I really hate the 50 primary kills.  I completed everything within the 7 matches, except the primary kills.

I was playing my Titan last night.  On my 8th match, I still needed 30 primary kills, so I tried different primaries to see if that would help.  I grabbed the Universal Remote, couldn't do squat, switched to Hand Cannon, got one kill.  I think I went through 2/3 of the match switching weapons and had no score.  I finally just switched back to MIDA.

What I found sad was that I truly only played the last third of the match and I ended up second on my team in score.  I mean, my team sucked.  I'm surprised that Shaxx didn't Mercy us.  But seriously, I didn't play and did better than some of these Guardians.  *sigh*  You know it's a bad team if I'm leading.  LOL

HockeyDad21

HockeyDad21

Forum Colonel

• 1874 posts

Hey, you've had  your moments every 20 matches or so. Yeah, those primary kills for supremacy was really tough especially when everyone is running around with a shotgun. I just had to take my time and make engagements that suited me to use my primary. Any doors or openings I tried to stay away from.

redafro1980

redafro1980

Forum Lieutenant

• 225 posts

Yeah, it's amazing if I avoid sniping lanes, work on good angles, use grenades to move them into my line of fire and really focus on not getting killed instead on trying to kill somebody my kd is really good. Then I think I'm Nkuch and can jump/no scope snipe, slide with Matador and everything goes to shit. Never fails. And I still try to go into the bubble. The buttons just automatically take me there. I don't have a choice

• Vipertec and HockeyDad21 like this

HockeyDad21

HockeyDad21

Forum Colonel

• 1874 posts

The bubble is like the moth and the flame - can't stay away.

WardenMagen

WardenMagen

Forum Lieutenant

• 230 posts

It's the hardest to clear of all the monthly bounty criteria, no matter which guardian I use. I've completed the 7 matches and not even hit double figures, and I don't use my special as my primary, and this is with a comfortably positive 7 match session. I have to force myself not to switch weapons, even though my FR would be the better option, and limit my nade/melee use. Pretty stupid though when you are purposely hampering use of a better tool

Even though it is regularly seen as a bad option when mentioned, I believe the special economy in the crucible needs to be changed, as well as improvements to some primary weapon archetypes. I dislike this idea myself as you are being forced to use your primary, but whilst specials are so strong in comparison, their extended use needs to be controlled so we have more primary v primary engagements

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5114 posts

It's the hardest to clear of all the monthly bounty criteria, no matter which guardian I use. I've completed the 7 matches and not even hit double figures, and I don't use my special as my primary, and this is with a comfortably positive 7 match session. I have to force myself not to switch weapons, even though my FR would be the better option, and limit my nade/melee use. Pretty stupid though when you are purposely hampering use of a better tool

Even though it is regularly seen as a bad option when mentioned, I believe the special economy in the crucible needs to be changed, as well as improvements to some primary weapon archetypes. I dislike this idea myself as you are being forced to use your primary, but whilst specials are so strong in comparison, their extended use needs to be controlled so we have more primary v primary engagements

Once I hit the crests denied and gathered quota, I try to hang back and use my primary just for kills. But then my competitive nature kicks and and don't want to hurt the team.  I cleared this bounty on all three characters by Sunday morning.  It was tough.  I went into 10 to 15 games each to do so.

Regarding special ammo.  Per the TWAB it looks like something will happen in the next patch 2.5.0.2 regarding specials. Hopefully it is ammo related.

teppic

teppic

Forum Captain

• 499 posts

Use a long range hard hitting scout (Badger CCL, Hand of Judgement, Cocytus; Jade Rabbit being my favorite), stay back on a sniping lane, and pop pop pop the heads !
Use the crests as bait, they can't help trying to get them...

On small maps, MIDA does wonders too with the same strategy.

Shleeepy Head

Shleeepy Head

Fringe Fanatic

• 718 posts

Yeah, you need a pulse or a scout, and sit back a bit. Handcannoning makes me want to shotgun ect.

Clever Dragon, Distant Star, MIDA, or my Colovances Duty are my favs.

Omg used my colovances last night with reactive reload and it was insane

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

Undead Hunter Master race

• 1527 posts

My back gave out yesterday, so I took today off to rest up.

And while I'm just sitting here doing nothing, I figured I'd work on my Thorn bounty in the Crucible.  

Wow ... what a joke.  First off it takes forever to even get matched up.

Second, the first match I get dumped into is 16000 to 4000, and I get spawn killed 3 times in a row with out even getting a chance to take a step.  Um, no thanks. I'm out.  

Next match was a little painless.  As I spawn I hear "THEY'VE ALMOST WON!!"  I managed to turn to my left before the defeat screen appears.

WTF ! ! ! !

Ok, I'll stick around for the next match ... 3 minutes of searching later ... enough players are picked and a game starts.  

Blow out, but in my favor this time.  On to the next game.

... 3 more minutes of waiting ... 

Game 4 is the closest match I've had today.  Right down to the end and we loose by 300 pts.

Matchmaking seems to think things are too lopsided, so it splits everyone up.

Again ... WTF???

I stick it out for 2 more matches, but things are so screwed up it gets to the point where its no longer any fun to play. 

Connection based match making is bull shit and has completely messed up the crucible!  

I actually have more problems now than I did back with skilled based match making.  

Someone needs a swift kick in the nuts!

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5114 posts

Well, player pool is dwindling, it's a Tuesday afternoon and all the kids are in school or at work.  I can see why there were few games to be placed in.

I was encouraged last night.  I saw 5 noobs.  They were level 6 or below.  And their Grimoire score was all sub 400. So they were definitely new to the game.  

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4199 posts

Yeah, it's amazing if I avoid sniping lanes, work on good angles, use grenades to move them into my line of fire and really focus on not getting killed instead on trying to kill somebody my kd is really good. Then I think I'm Nkuch and can jump/no scope snipe, slide with Matador and everything goes to shit. Never fails. And I still try to go into the bubble. The buttons just automatically take me there. I don't have a choice

DON"T GO IN THE BUBBLE !!!!!

Well, player pool is dwindling, it's a Tuesday afternoon and all the kids are in school or at work.  I can see why there were few games to be placed in.

I was encouraged last night.  I saw 5 noobs.  They were level 6 or below.  And their Grimoire score was all sub 400. So they were definitely new to the game.  

Don't let the noobs fool you some of them can be really good and they kill you repeatedly !! 

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

Undead Hunter Master race

• 1527 posts

So, other players don't conform to MY gaming schedule????  (just kidding, good point)

But, JIP should know better than to throw players into games that are over 75% done. 

The only time that would be acceptable would be if it was an incredibly close game. 

And even then, it shouldn't place players into the game if there is barely enough time to spawn. 

I wish I would have recorded the game where I touched down only to see the defeat screen. 

They changed the XB1 how to record feature and I messed up when I tried.