Photo

I became a camping ass bitch over the weekend

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

HockeyDad21

HockeyDad21

Forum Colonel

• 1874 posts

So I wanted to change things up over the weekend playing IB. I usually run MIDA and sidearm and mix in some AR's, pulses, shotguns n stuff so I decided to equip a sniper  - because I am trying to work on quick scoping for which I've seen many videos for but it's still a work in progress. Well, admittedly, I became one of those snipers that would just camp in the back or in one particular area and just hard scope pretty much an entire game and there are certain maps that just enables me to do this (I'm looking at you Rusted Lands and Twilight Gap, among some others). Anyway, I just needed to get that off my chest. Good news is that my k/d was really good for several games when doing this.

• R MK XXV, michael6745 and Whopper like this

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5068 posts

So I wanted to change things up over the weekend playing IB. I usually run MIDA and sidearm and mix in some AR's, pulses, shotguns n stuff so I decided to equip a sniper  - because I am trying to work on quick scoping for which I've seen many videos for but it's still a work in progress. Well, admittedly, I became one of those snipers that would just camp in the back or in one particular area and just hard scope pretty much an entire game and there are certain maps that just enables me to do this (I'm looking at you Rusted Lands and Twilight Gap, among some others). Anyway, I just needed to get that off my chest. Good news is that my k/d was really good for several games when doing this.

LOL.  Good for you changing your meta.  I ran shotgun most of the weekend.  I had many positive K/D rounds myself.  However, I did notice that I was being torn up by sidearms.  Go figure...

• HockeyDad21 likes this

HockeyDad21

HockeyDad21

Forum Colonel

• 1874 posts

Sidearms - the silent meta.

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

Undead Hunter Master race

• 1525 posts

I became a camping ass bitch over the weekend

b1c.jpg

• Pbhou, HockeyDad21, Whopper and 1 other like this

Pbhou

Pbhou

Forum Lieutenant

• 300 posts

I went Fun Police mode with my void titan, and 'camped' out in confined spaces w/ my Mida & a Mapador & tried to lure unsuspecting victims into a CQB... and w/ a Mida, it's almost unfair as well as I'm picking off hardscoping snipers... I did notice a few scopers being seemingly unable to miss my head w/ the But Not Forgotten though...

DaniArrow

DaniArrow

Forum Commander

• 1239 posts

Camping isn't that bad. If an enemy runs into your scope once - that's bad luck. If he does it twice he's an idiot. :P

Everytime I get sniped for the second or third time I think to myself "ah crap I forgot that guys was sitting there". My fault.

HockeyDad21

HockeyDad21

Forum Colonel

• 1874 posts

Yeah, that happens to me alot. I also like to play games with snipers. If I see one in the distance or a bullet just grazes me, I like to bob in-n-out of their scope to see if they can hit me. If they miss a shot or two that means less bullets in their mag.

Shleeepy Head

Shleeepy Head

Fringe Fanatic

• 718 posts

It's not really camping you can't camp effectively in a game with a radar like this unless you are crouching 100%

Your just playing passively like you should with a snipe, and going positive with a snipe you need to play this way.

Good job on adapting.

• HockeyDad21 likes this

HockeyDad21

HockeyDad21

Forum Colonel

• 1874 posts

It's not really camping you can't camp effectively in a game with a radar like this unless you are crouching 100%

Your just playing passively like you should with a snipe, and going positive with a snipe you need to play this way.

Good job on adapting.

Appreciate the vote of confidence there Shleepy.  :thumbsup:

Shleeepy Head

Shleeepy Head

Fringe Fanatic

• 718 posts

Appreciate the vote of confidence there Shleepy.  :thumbsup:

Well honestly, people complain that snipers got nerf'd to hard, but they are just a bit harder to use now. Requiring a little more thought, and planning. The more I play Destiny the more I realize I only do well when I am actively thinking about my engagement ranges, movement, and awareness. Get to comfortable doing one thing (Clever Dragon) and you will forget how to handcannon. It's not hard to switch back, but you have to remind yourself to do so mentally also.

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5068 posts

Well honestly, people complain that snipers got nerf'd to hard, but they are just a bit harder to use now. Requiring a little more thought, and planning. The more I play Destiny the more I realize I only do well when I am actively thinking about my engagement ranges, movement, and awareness. Get to comfortable doing one thing (Clever Dragon) and you will forget how to handcannon. It's not hard to switch back, but you have to remind yourself to do so mentally also.

Yes.  I ran Hunter/Gunslinger for so long.  Now that I have three tunes, I forget who and what I am.  I've gone into a match thinking I'm a Hunter and my Titan pops up.  I get ready to Fist of Havoc and all of a sudden I burst in flames and start throwing hammers.  It's very discombobulating.

The same goes for weapons.  I ran MIDA/Sidearm for so long, I switch to special and shotgun shows up.  

Each weapon takes a different thought process/tactic to use.   To me, snipers should be difficult to use.  If you're goingt one shot someone it should be tough to get that shot.  Not easy.  I still get sniped a lot, mostly because I take them on with my MIDA, and win a good percentage of the fights.  The way snipers should work is the way they are in Battlefield 1.  With bullet travel time and drop off.  The first time I used a sniper in BF1 I was like, what the heck, his head was in my sights when I fired.  The whole hitscan, bullet arrives the second you fired should be nerfed, then you can put the other stats back up.