Photo

Iron Banner Clash - Tuesday January 17th

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5074 posts

First Iron Banner of 2017 starts Tuesday. 

Side arms

Rocket Launcher

Armor

Game mode will be CLASH!!!

• R MK XXV and HockeyDad21 like this

WardenMagen

WardenMagen

Forum Lieutenant

• 230 posts

Cool beans. Favourite mode

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

Undead Hunter Master race

• 1525 posts

I might play in this one for a bit.  Haven't got the new IB sidearm yet.  I've seen it in action and it looks interesting. 

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5074 posts

Some people don't like the Binding Blaze.  But I enjoy it.  It's a snappy side arm and I've dispatched many Guardians with it.

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

• 1525 posts

Some people don't like the Binding Blaze.  But I enjoy it.  It's a snappy side arm and I've dispatched many Guardians with it.

Whats it similar to?

HockeyDad21

HockeyDad21

Forum Colonel

• 1874 posts

I have a Binding Blaze but admittedly don't use it at all. Havoc Pigeon and Queen's Choice gets the most use. The one I do have doesn't have a good roll on it anyway so I'll definitely be looking for a good one to keep and replace.

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5074 posts

Whats it similar to?

I believe it is the same archetype as the Conviction II and the Wormwood.  It supposedly doesn't have as much aim assist and has gotten a bad review.  But I have done well with it.  So it comes down to personal preference.  It may not be for everyone (Hockeydad).   :woot:

teppic

teppic

Forum Captain

• 499 posts

Whats it similar to?

Similar to ZEAL VECTOR~ , nothing else

Orree

Orree

Forum Sergeant

• 92 posts

How about that rocket launcher?  Anyone know anything about it?  I don't have one yet...so no idea what it's like.

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5074 posts

How about that rocket launcher?  Anyone know anything about it?  I don't have one yet...so no idea what it's like.

From what I've heard it's actually pretty good. haven't used one though.

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

• 1525 posts

I received one a while ago.  Don't remember if it was a drop or bounty reward. 

Its pretty impressive.  From what I remember, its hard to get a crap roll on them. 

Orree

Orree

Forum Sergeant

• 92 posts

Cool...looking for a good legendary rocket launcher.  I use the JLB-47, but I'd rather find something with three rockets per magazine.   I generally use Truth and Gjallerhorn, but when ya wanna use an exotic in another slot, well, you know....heheh.

WardenMagen

WardenMagen

Forum Lieutenant

• 230 posts

I had a shocking session yesterday and surprised I actually stayed positive overall. At least I cleared 3 of the 4 weeklies

Had 2 weapon drops, but poor rolls, couple of artifacts and I think 4 chest pieces and some boots, again with undesirable attributes. I'm going to pretend yesterday didn't happen and change to another guardian

teppic

teppic

Forum Captain

• 499 posts

Cool...looking for a good legendary rocket launcher.  I use the JLB-47, but I'd rather find something with three rockets per magazine.   I generally use Truth and Gjallerhorn, but when ya wanna use an exotic in another slot, well, you know....heheh.

Titanium Orchid can't get 3 rockets unless it has Tripod (but then you can't get G&H or Tracking at the same time) or unless you use a heavy chest + rocket boots at the same time. It can't roll Field Scout and has the same low Inventory as the JBL series. It's a very average RL actually.

HockeyDad21

HockeyDad21

Forum Colonel

• 1874 posts

Was having a ton of fun using my Queen's Choice last night. I had forgotten how much fun it is to use that sidearm.

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5074 posts

I finally got to play some IB last night.  I got my Hunter and Warlock to rank 3.  I completed 3 of the 4 IB bounties on both.  I was hoping to work on all three toons, but I lost 4 matches in a row on my Warlock and only got to rank three when I finished a bounty.  

rant-on.jpg

You can call me a hypocrite.  I rage quit last night.  But I had good reason.  I has just lost 3 matches and started a new game. We load in as a team of 4 against 5.  One person on my team just started shooting, looking up shooting, turned shooting.  He was dispatched and when he respawned, he started the same thing.  I punched him and nothing. He just didn't want to play, but wanted the rewards.  My team was behind by a few thousand and this is only 2 minutes into the game and I knew I wasn't going to win with this jack@ss not even playing, so I quit.  It's players like this one that pisses me off.  You're ruining my game because you don't want to do anything.  But I digress.

RantModeOff.jpg

I got some good loot.  Got two of the rocket launchers, both with good rolls.  Hard launch, Javelin. One with Grenades and Horseshoes and the other with Tracking.  I also got some good armor for my Warlock.  He's finally looking the way I want him to.  I just need to learn how/when to use Nova Bomb.  

But I will tell you this. I do not need anymore Deidres' Fists artifacts.  I got two right in a row.  I think one is too many, I don't need two.  I just don't roll that way...   :woot:

Was having a ton of fun using my Queen's Choice last night. I had forgotten how much fun it is to use that sidearm.

I pulled my Queen's Choice out last night and did rather well with it.  However, I tended to try to use it at too far of an engagement which didn't work out well for me.  There is definitely a sweet spot in the range for this sidearm.  When my opponent was in that sweet spot, I won 90% of the engagements.

• HockeyDad21 likes this

HockeyDad21

HockeyDad21

Forum Colonel

• 1874 posts

Two thumbs up for the pictures posted on rant above. 

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5074 posts

Two thumbs up for the pictures posted on rant above. 

Thanks. I wish the img feature on here allowed us to resize the pictures. They're a little large.

WardenMagen

WardenMagen

Forum Lieutenant

• 230 posts

afk players don't bother me. Cheap tactics to gain rewards for cheap individuals. Doesn't stop me playing my game

Rewards were very thin yesterday compared to Tuesday, but all rewards are straight to Legendary Marks anyway as the weapons are meh and the armor is not as good looking as the strike stuff. At least my match results improved changing guardians and playing less tired

Was killed by more FR's yesterday than I have in any previous week of IB. Nice to see others using

Orree

Orree

Forum Sergeant

• 92 posts

Titanium Orchid can't get 3 rockets unless it has Tripod (but then you can't get G&H or Tracking at the same time) or unless you use a heavy chest + rocket boots at the same time. It can't roll Field Scout and has the same low Inventory as the JBL series. It's a very average RL actually.

Yeah..I took at look at the stats on the vendor offering and it looks to be a pretty average rocket launcher.  Looks like I'll have to stick with the JLB-47 for now.  

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5074 posts

Yeah..I took at look at the stats on the vendor offering and it looks to be a pretty average rocket launcher.  Looks like I'll have to stick with the JLB-47 for now.  

I have the JLB-47 on my hunter and have been desperately been trying to get it cloned for my Titan and Warlock.

teppic

teppic

Forum Captain

• 499 posts

I have the JLB-47 on my hunter and have been desperately been trying to get it cloned for my Titan and Warlock.

Ishtar Commander or Tower Ghost?

Orree

Orree

Forum Sergeant

• 92 posts

Yeah..I guess it's a pretty good rocket launcher.  I'll likely stuck with it.  I just got spoiled using Truth and Gjallerhorn...

I did manage to get two IB rocket launcher drops...it just doesn't really look like a good weapon and the rolls I got were merely okay.  Okay rolls on an okay RL.  Meh...I'll pass.