Photo

New Player, used 40 boost, need advice

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Gazrok

Gazrok

New Blood

• 1 posts
Hi everyone, I was wondering if I could get your best advice for what I should do to get to 320 light the fastest so I can play at the same level as a friend of mine. I used the 40 boost from the complete edition and made a Titan. I've played through probably 9 or 10 missions and have done 3 low level strikes but have only gone from 280 to 286 light. Can you please let me know what the most efficient way to get to 320 would be? Thanks!

Noles

Noles

Community Manager

• 4198 posts

All of the highest Light activities - Archon's Forge, Nightfall, even Crucible can reward items. And of course, getting some great vendor items is a good start. 

wonega

wonega

Forum Lieutenant

• 213 posts

equipe your highest light level weapons, gear ,ghost ,artifacts and do strikes you will get plenty of higher light level drops all they way up to 385.

Mtannert23

Mtannert23

Forum Sergeant

• 68 posts

Do as Wonega and Noles says, you should probably wait with the nightfall though.

When Xur is available during the weekend, buy the heavy ammo synth and use them to raise your faction level and every time you turn in engrams, make sure you have the highest lightlevel available.
Just keep playing with the highest lightlevel, don't mind if it's blue gear.. but save your legendary marks for when you reach LL 370-380.

If you use 3oC, save the exotic engrams, I know it's not easy(!), but they are worth much more to you, once you get up there above LL 380. It shouldn't take that long to be 380 really :)

Tip: Once you are about to enter the tunnel to archons forge, crouch-walk, don't know why, but with this superb lifehack, the chances of being matchmade with other guardians in the forge is way higher.. if you don't have luck, leave the area and do it again.

WardenMagen

WardenMagen

Forum Lieutenant

• 230 posts

Not been to it far quite some time, so don't know how active it is, but Archon's Forge would be the destination of choice for quickest method. At present, you should have no interest in what drops, only the LL it drops at. The Forge is probably the best place for engrams in the shortest time. Get rid of all the crap in your slots so you only have the highest build possible, as has been mentioned, and stay there for an hour and you should have something new in each slot and plenty of them. Go to cryptarch and decrypt the lowest slot item first, which will then likely be higher, so put in, and repeat process a slot at a time. You should have jumped up, so rinse and repeat Forge at the new level. This will become pretty boring, but I would suggest the fastest method

Other than that, join a faction and hit the story quests for rewards and engram drops

Use glimmer to buy weapon or armor parts, not heavy synth, and use for faction rep boost

Use Legendary Marks to buy vendor items at higher LL than you sit at, only buying the cheapest stuff first for the max impact

HockeyDad21

HockeyDad21

Forum Colonel

• 1616 posts

Agreed with what's been said before. Just grind the strikes to get the experience and drops. In addition, Iron Banner should be starting in the next couple weeks. Just grind that out for a week and you should be getting drops to increase your light level there as well. That reminds me, if you can, complete the crucible weekly bounty. I believe your reward should be something above your light level as well along with the drops  you get along the way after each match.

Lil'Ubo

Lil'Ubo

Forum Admiral

• 6565 posts

Weird. When i used the level 40 booster on xbox, it gave me a complete set of 320 gear. Then i did the RoI missions, which give you 350 gear at the end of each mission....

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 3602 posts

Well this has been covered pretty well , the only thing I can add is that Archon Forge is hit or miss as far as anyone being there , which I don't understand because it's loads of fun to play as long as someone has an offering it can be hours of non stop fun mayhem !! 

wonega

wonega

Forum Lieutenant

• 213 posts

the crouch walk method for going to the archon forge is just to allow more time for the matchmaking to find you others doing AF and it works most of the time.

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4201 posts

I find that if I go into AF and no one is there.  If I have an offering, I'll use it and I usually get others joining in pretty quick.