Photo

Mixing It Up...

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4201 posts

Yesterday was my Monday Git'er Done day.  Trying to complete bounties, quests, etc. before the weekly reset.  I got most of them done.  But having two characters has become a job instead of fun. Laugh...

After a year of basically running the exact same load out, MIDA, sidearm and RL. I decided to mix it up a little as well.  I have five (5) Eyaslunas (of the ones I kept).  I had one from a long time ago that I thought was a good roll, but when I went through the perks of my other four I found one that had amazing perks.  It has LiC, Rifled barrel and Range Finder.  Once I upgraded it, it has the same stats as my Ace of Spades which I love.  But it has more than twice the stability and a slightly slower reload speed.  

So I took this Eyasluna into the Crucible.  It shoots pretty good.  The most kills I had in a Supremacy match with it is 5 kills.  I need to take it into Rumble to get the real feel of it.  I switched to my AoS to see the difference.  I miss the Third Eye and Firefly, but I don't miss the spinning animation of the AoS.  The animation takes to long and is distracting.  I have a couple of Palindromes I'm going to try out as well.  I'm not sure if there is any other HC that I like.  I prefer the AoS archetype.

I also found a Matador 64 that I like with Range Finder.  I did pretty well.  But I still feel as though others shoot from a further distance than myself, but this could all be because of latency.  Who knows. I'm having fun.

The next thing I want to do is go through my snipers.  I am having a blast with But Not Forgotten.  I really don't like Devil's Dawn.  I have a couple of Longbows, a LDR and a 1KS I want to check out. As well as Ex-Mechina.  

I may try out fusions more.  But I'm finding it hard to deal with in the lag between pulling the trigger, the charge up and firing. But I'll try.

As far as heavy goes.  I'm pretty much a RL guy.  But I rarely get heavy and usually die quickly when I do get it.  So trying new heavy weapons isn't a priority for me.

What about you?  Are you going to mix it up?

HockeyDad21

HockeyDad21

Forum Colonel

• 1616 posts

I use a wide range of primary weapons so mixing it up there won't be an issue. If I really wanted to push myself, I do need to get better at sniping. I guess it really depends upon the game mode in pvp and what bounties I may need to complete still. And it's always a machine gun for crucible. I feel like I get more bang for the buck when running around with my Harrowed Qullums Terminus.

WardenMagen

WardenMagen

Forum Lieutenant

• 230 posts

I popped my cherry with SR's but I started leaning towards AR's when I wanted to take the crucible more seriously and they suite my more aggressively style. Good for QCQ action while I familiarised myself with maps and strategy, but as I improved, they were becoming frustrating. PR's I could never use previously, but my schooling had progressed me so that they are now my go to, and this was before the Clever Dragon was a thing :cool: I will eventually give HC's a chance, but my current quest is picking up 4 or 5 different god roll PR's before then. 1 down. More to go

I hate sniping. With a passion. Using and being used against. I know it's a skill I need to get, but is at the bottom of the pile

SA were fun early on, but when I was using an AR and SA combo, was really restricting the range. SG's are OK, but FR's are seriously overlooked and by far my favourite weapon, once you can use them. I thought they were a stupid thing when I first picked them up, but when you get your charge and drag perfected, they are a thing of beauty. I may still have to be pulled into the SG meta at some time because airborne accuracy is crap and I'm learning to jump and shoot rather than just trading blows until one of us dies, and this is where FR's fail badly

I'm with HockeyDad on the MG, the Silvered Dread or Unending Deluge III being the 2 I've used the most. 3 or more kills are easier to come by with some sensible play when the heavy has dropped and the RL spammers have shot their loads

Adkyth

Adkyth

Forum Lieutenant

• 295 posts

I know I need to get a lot better at accuracy, so I'm going to be running hand cannons pretty much exclusively for a while to work on it. First Curse is surprisingly fun.

Michael, it pains me that you have basically the perfect roll for Eyasluna. I have used about 8 skeleton keys on Echo Chamber, and have gotten 1 Imago Loop with Rifled, but it also had enhanced tracker and last resort or something like that...that's crazy good luck for you.

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4201 posts

Michael, it pains me that you have basically the perfect roll for Eyasluna. I have used about 8 skeleton keys on Echo Chamber, and have gotten 1 Imago Loop with Rifled, but it also had enhanced tracker and last resort or something like that...that's crazy good luck for you.

Why does it pain you?  I'm using it...   :P

teppic

teppic

Forum Captain

• 479 posts

I'm always changing my gear according to my mood and the character I use, so mixing up is usual. That's where the fun is, unless you are trying to become an elite pvp gamer...

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4201 posts

I'm always changing my gear according to my mood and the character I use, so mixing up is usual. That's where the fun is, unless you are trying to become an elite pvp gamer...

OMG, I almost fell out of my chair when I read this.  I am so far from elite.  Well, I am the elite of dying. I'm in the top 1% of the world in deaths.  LOL.  

HockeyDad21

HockeyDad21

Forum Colonel

• 1616 posts

OMG, I almost fell out of my chair when I read this.  I am so far from elite.  Well, I am the elite of dying. I'm in the top 1% of the world in deaths.  LOL.  

Hey, it helps us get the revive bounty done when playing Trials with you. lol. :D

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4201 posts

Hey, it helps us get the revive bounty done when playing Trials with you. lol. :D

I'm adding your name to my book...

2940ce5253bca235f13eef114b947b38.jpg

HockeyDad21

HockeyDad21

Forum Colonel

• 1616 posts

Yes!!

Lil'Ubo

Lil'Ubo

Forum Admiral

• 6565 posts

Yes!!

High five!

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

The BEST kind of Hunter

• 1272 posts

I constantly switch things up depending on how well or how bad I'm playing. 

Some of my PvE sets up are:

Mida - Matador - Bretomartls Stand

Maloc - (Queens Choice or Conviction II) - Thunderlord

Suros ARI 45 - Darkblade spite - Dredfang

Rarely do I run with a sniper in any PVE game type unless the map really calls for one. 

teppic

teppic

Forum Captain

• 479 posts

Any top 1% is good to take, that's an achievement! 

Btw I wasn't talking about you but about some players that always use the same "meta" loadout in order to be as competitive as possible. Those kind of friendly people that send you hate mails if you end up in their randomly matchmade fireteam and you're not using CD+Mapador64 or TLW+1kys... Hopefully those people are not here and that's what I like with this forum!

Adkyth

Adkyth

Forum Lieutenant

• 295 posts

Why does it pain you?  I'm using it...   :P

I am less pained now. The idea of that little beauty sitting in your vault, gathering dust...unappreciated...