Photo

Keep me playing after 400

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

jmccall106

jmccall106

New Blood

• 5 posts

I am looking for input from the community as to what the Destiny community does after you reach 400? I don't mess with the crucible much, and have collected pretty much every exotic. What do you guys do to keep Destiny relevant? I guess I can collect all dead ghosts, or build weapon collections. Anyone else have anything they do to keep yourselves busy?

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5240 posts

It depends on what you want to do with Destiny.  I used to never play the strikes, but now I'm having fun with them with the new scoring system, bounties and medals.  You can do all the weekly PvP stuff in a day, depending on how many characters you have.  The Nightfall seems to be more challenging with the introduction of the Sunrise bounties (I believe that's the one) to complete the Nightfall in under 30 minutes.  Then if you're done with PvP and you don't like Crucible, then go play another game until the weekly reset and do the weekly stuff.  

What keeps me playing is the Crucible though.  It's fast paced and changes every 12 minutes.  

Unfortunately, as you've found, the game is old, lacking of content.  So now it's going to be what you make of it.  If you're bored with it, there is nothing wrong from stepping away for awhile and playing something else or spending time with your family.  Destiny will be there.  

• Shleeepy Head and HockeyDad21 like this

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

Forum Colonel

• 1539 posts

I usually start jumping into game modes in the game that I usually don't frequent often just for a change of pace.  Then attempt to get better at them. 

I use to be a straight PvE player who played in strikes.  Then I started working on the raids. 

When I started to get tired of raiding I started to play in the crucible here and there. 

From there I started to compete in the Iron Banner.

Then when I was tired of playing in the Banner I went back to strikes and so on. 

There is always something new to take on.  Either a new Crucible map, game type, strike modifier.

And if that doesn't work .... switch to a different game. There isn't really any harm in that. 

There are a lot of good games to play out there, and sometimes a break from a game is needed.

I'm almost to the point where I need a Destiny break again.  I'll play once or twice a week, but then its off to something else. 

Mtannert23

Mtannert23

Forum Sergeant

• 102 posts

I felt the same a couple of months ago, took a break and played some Skyrim, The Division and BF1.
Went back to Destiny a week ago, and had fun reaching rank 7 before The Dawning ended.
Im LL 400 as well and will probably chase the Icebreaker, besides that, I don't know what to do, there isn't any rewards that will change my loadout.

I would love if Bungie would make adept primary weapons available through activities other than ToO, I only play PvP during Iron Banner.

Art of War

Art of War

Knights of the 7 Kingdoms

• 757 posts

They opened up the Tower doors where Iron Banner use to be... what more do you want?

lol :D :D :D

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

Forum Colonel

• 1539 posts

They opened up the Tower doors where Iron Banner use to be... what more do you want?

lol :D :D :D

Oh sure, open up the back courtyard, but don't give us any more vault space.  That’s what we really need!!

I've got 2 open slots in each section and I'm tired of having to pick and choose what gets to stay and what needs to be dismantled.  I'm not even sure if I have space in my Guardian's inventory to get things out of the vault to break them down.

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5240 posts

Oh sure, open up the back courtyard, but don't give us any more vault space.  That’s what we really need!!

I've got 2 open slots in each section and I'm tired of having to pick and choose what gets to stay and what needs to be dismantled.  I'm not even sure if I have space in my Guardian's inventory to get things out of the vault to break them down.

I think they opened up the doors so you could get the ghost back there.  ?????

Yes. we definitely need more vault space, but I don't see that happening until Destiny 2 comes out.  Even though they separated the legacy consoles out, I don't know how much code is intertwined.  I believe it was the Xbox360 that was limiting the size of the vault to begin with.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4302 posts

I just love running around shooting , so if and when I reach 400 I'll still find something to entertain myself with , I still have a few quests to do  so there will always be something , this is why I don't rush to get everything done . 

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5240 posts

I just love running around shooting , so if and when I reach 400 I'll still find something to entertain myself with , I still have a few quests to do  so there will always be something , this is why I don't rush to get everything done . 

I'm still waiting to get the new Icebreaker.  It hasn't dropped for me yet.  Someday...  

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4302 posts

I think they opened up the doors so you could get the ghost back there.  ?????

Yes. we definitely need more vault space, but I don't see that happening until Destiny 2 comes out.  Even though they separated the legacy consoles out, I don't know how much code is intertwined.  I believe it was the Xbox360 that was limiting the size of the vault to begin with.

Is there a new one back there ?? I got one when the 1st Iron Banner was going on. 

I'm still waiting to get the new Icebreaker.  It hasn't dropped for me yet.  Someday...  

Me either , I'm only trying with my Warlock , not my Titan and Hunter , I just don't have the time , though  I should give it a go with the other 2 !

Ubo and Anklesbane each got one ! 

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5240 posts

Is there a new one back there ?? I got one when the 1st Iron Banner was going on. 

No, not any new ones. But some people may not have gotten the one and only ghost back there.  It was only accessible during the original Iron Banners.  Now that the IB hosts is at Felwinter's Peak, that ghost was no longer accessible.  

However, this may not be the reason they opened the doors.  I think they're going to put a hot dog vendor back there.

Maybe skeet shooting off the back railing.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4302 posts

I was going to open a Guardian Boot store there , but the deal fell through , they wanted too much Glimmer for rent !!  :laugh:

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5240 posts

Me either , I'm only trying with my Warlock , not my Titan and Hunter , I just don't have the time , though  I should give it a go with the other 2 !

Ubo and Anklesbane each got one ! 

Yes. I am aware. LOL.  Some of my other friends have gotten the Icebreaker as well.  

I'm trying on both of my toons, my Hunter and Titan.  It'll happen when it happens. I'm not going to complain. I've read on another board where so many people are bitching because it's not dropping for them.  Life's too short to bitch about an exotic RNG not dropping in three weeks.  I know someone who didn't have the Zen Meteor drop until the last week of TTK and then he got 6 right in a row.  

For me, the Icebreaker is just an exotic that will probably take up space in my vault.  I just want it for my collection.

I was going to open a Guardian Boot store there , but the deal fell through , they wanted too much Glimmer for rent !!  :laugh:

Oh, you should have told me, I'd have gone in halvsies and i would have sold my extra helmets in there too.

HockeyDad21

HockeyDad21

Forum Colonel

• 1894 posts

Yeah, I just love running around and taking care of the daily Vanguard bounties. I also do the weapon bounties that involve pve only. As stated before, I also enjoy those strike bounties. And prison of elders is still fun to do as well. Got that crucible weekly as well. And just for fun, maybe a little raid now and then too. Yeah, if it a little boring to you, I fully understand. Just play another game and come back to Destiny every once in a while. Believe it or not, Destiny was not actually to be played 24/7.

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5240 posts

Oh. I forgot.  I had only had one character (a hunter) until mid-Novmeber.  Then I started a Titan. I still have a lot of story line and stuff to do with him.  I need to get his Gunsmith rep to Rank 3 so I can start that quest.  I still don't have the hammers or the defender fully upgraded.  But he does a wonderful SMASH!!!!

HockeyDad21

HockeyDad21

Forum Colonel

• 1894 posts

That defender titan bubble is a blessing, isn't it?

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5240 posts

That defender titan bubble is a blessing, isn't it?

qj40f.jpg

• HockeyDad21 likes this

HockeyDad21

HockeyDad21

Forum Colonel

• 1894 posts

I should never suppress my feelings anyway.

We can hammer it out if we ever have a disagreement.

Art of War

Art of War

Knights of the 7 Kingdoms

• 757 posts

My girlfriend and I both have all 3 of our characters up to 400. So, we're always looking for some ways to keep Destiny interesting. We've both solo'd a couple Nightfalls and even play hide-and-seek with each other on Crucible maps in Private Sessions. Lately we've been playing "Strip Strikes" where the one with the fewest enemy kills has to remove a piece of clothes. Damn, I'm getting tired of playing Destiny naked, :D

• Vipertec, R MK XXV and HockeyDad21 like this

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4302 posts

My girlfriend and I both have all 3 of our characters up to 400. So, we're always looking for some ways to keep Destiny interesting. We've both solo'd a couple Nightfalls and even play hide-and-seek with each other on Crucible maps in Private Sessions. Lately we've been playing "Strip Strikes" where the one with the fewest enemy kills has to remove a piece of clothes. Damn, I'm getting tired of playing Destiny naked, :D

Yeah if I did the strip Destiny thing with my GF I'd be the naked one too !
  • Art of War likes this

teppic

teppic

Forum Captain

• 499 posts

That "Strip Destiny" thing sounds to me like the best way to drastically reduce gaming time with the GF. In favor of another kind of play... 

• Art of War likes this

Shleeepy Head

Shleeepy Head

Fringe Fanatic

• 718 posts

For me, the grind for the godliest guns is never over. Here is a quick list of things I still have yet to get.

God-roll 1000k Stare. I have gotten close, but to get what I want, its gotta have quickdraw AND snapshot, hidden hand and shortgaze. Picky I know.

God-roll Palindrome. The Vendor one is godly, but I would need something besides mulligan/spray and play to consider it the god-roll. Hoping for icarus!!!

God-roll Saladins Vigil. I currently have one with perfect balance, and rangefinder and it's my new favorite gun, but I really want one with Braced-frame/rangefinder.

God-roll Imago loop. This would consist of either the same perks as the Palindrome god-roll, or the PVE god-roll with Firefly, Explosive, Outlaw

God-roll Eyesluna. Basically the same perks as the Palindrome. It's really a race between the three handcannons which one will drop perfect first. #spam primary engrams

The Winged Word

Stellar Vestige

Blind Perdition - Don't have these trials guns and pretty much need them all.

Aside from that, I'm also trying to collect tier 12 capable sets of armor, like the Archons Forge one and the trials gear #Halpme

Mostly just playing PVP like a fiend and waiting for dem Patch notes.

HockeyDad21

HockeyDad21

Forum Colonel

• 1894 posts

That's one heckuva list there Shleepy. Not sure if you are able to get 1KYS anymore, even from classic playlist. Good luck in your adventures.

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5240 posts

That's one heckuva list there Shleepy. Not sure if you are able to get 1KYS anymore, even from classic playlist. Good luck in your adventures.

You can still get the 1KS.  I got one last night with crappy rolls.

HockeyDad21

HockeyDad21

Forum Colonel

• 1894 posts

Gotcha. Didn't know, but knowing is half the battle.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Question