Photo

Rocket Launcher

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4488 posts

I need advice.  I have the Suros JLB-47 Rocket Launcher for my Hunter.  It's one that Ubo told me to get from the Gunsmith package a while back.. It has amost max velocity and max blast radius with tracking.  I love it.  I've been waiting for the gunsmith to have another package for it so I can get one for my Titan.  I have the new Dead Orbit RL with Tracking, but it just doesn't seem as good as the Suros.  The trigger is sticky on the first shot, blah blah blah

I am looking for some suggestions for Legendary RLs that are easily obtainable that are comparable to the Suros.  Or should I just stick with my DO RL?

Lil'Ubo

Lil'Ubo

Forum Admiral

• 6588 posts

Ubo helped? woooo! Ubo is happy for Michael! :D Ubo says yaay! :D

Bungie site is down at the moment...

Mercules suggests the Warpath for PvE from FWC or Something Wicked from Crucible Vendor.

I have a Warpath from a package with tripod and tracking and it is excellent.

You can buy another JLB47 package on your hunter and wait for a good roll.

Here is a link to Mercules' Vendor gear breakdown - https://www.reddit.c...d_rise_of_iron/

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4488 posts

Ubo helped? woooo! Ubo is happy for Michael! :D Ubo says yaay! :D

Bungie site is down at the moment...

Mercules suggests the Warpath for PvE from FWC or Something Wicked from Crucible Vendor.

I have a Warpath from a package with tripod and tracking and it is excellent.

You can buy another JLB47 package on your hunter and wait for a good roll.

Here is a link to Mercules' Vendor gear breakdown - https://www.reddit.c...d_rise_of_iron/

I've been waiting on the JLB-47 to come up at the gunsmith, but he hasn't brought one, yet.  I'm looking between now and then.  I'll try the something wicked.

Thanks for the link.

• Lil'Ubo likes this

HockeyDad21

HockeyDad21

Forum Colonel

• 1750 posts

Yeah, I really can't suggest any particular RL's to pick up. I just know there are certain perks you do want to look for - anything that increases velocity and blast radius is a plus. Field scout, grenades/horseshoes, javelin and tripod are also perks you wanna look out for. I also like cluster bombs as well, but that's more preference. 

Zydron

Zydron

Forum Lieutenant

• 284 posts

I need advice.  I have the Suros JLB-47 Rocket Launcher for my Hunter.  It's one that Ubo told me to get from the Gunsmith package a while back.. It has amost max velocity and max blast radius with tracking.  I love it.  I've been waiting for the gunsmith to have another package for it so I can get one for my Titan.  I have the new Dead Orbit RL with Tracking, but it just doesn't seem as good as the Suros.  The trigger is sticky on the first shot, blah blah blah

I am looking for some suggestions for Legendary RLs that are easily obtainable that are comparable to the Suros.  Or should I just stick with my DO RL?

The only other Legendary RL worth having was the god roll Tomrod's Bellow that Saladman sold on the last IB before ROI. Had Hard Launch, Heavy Payload, Tripod, and Grenades and Horseshoes. JLB-47 is extremely underrated especially since the first Gunsmith package gave you Heavy Payload and Javelin along with Grenades and Horseshoes. 

• Lil'Ubo likes this

redafro1980

redafro1980

Forum Lieutenant

• 222 posts

You would have to grind classic crucible but the best is Ash Factory. Got Tripod/Field scout/Horseshoes

teppic

teppic

Forum Captain

• 499 posts

There are no easily obtainable good legendary RL unfortunately.

As said, the Ash Factory is one of the best RL available but is a random drop in classic Crucible playlist. The Nightmare (CoE) is equivalent.

The Suros JLB-47 has the best Range/Velocity combo, but an abysmal Inventory stat so you'll get only 2 rockets out of the heavy box.

Otherwise The Tamarind (Trials Gold bounty), The Titanium Orchid (IB), Something Wicked (Crucible QM), The Warpath (FWC) ans Steel Oracle Z-11 are all decent

But anyway, RLs are soooo Year 1...

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4488 posts

There are no easily obtainable good legendary RL unfortunately.

As said, the Ash Factory is one of the best RL available but is a random drop in classic Crucible playlist. The Nightmare (CoE) is equivalent.

The Suros JLB-47 has the best Range/Velocity combo, but an abysmal Inventory stat so you'll get only 2 rockets out of the heavy box.

Otherwise The Tamarind (Trials Gold bounty), The Titanium Orchid (IB), Something Wicked (Crucible QM), The Warpath (FWC) ans Dteel Oracle Z-11 are all decent

But anyway, RLs are soooo Year 1...

I've sharded probably about 100 Ash Factories.  

The Suros RL does have a low inventory.  But I use it in PvP and if I even get a second rocket launched, I'm happy.  LOL.  If I am doing Mayhem, I'll run Truth of Iron Gjally.  PvE I'll run Gjally if I'm running RL.

It's the Velocity, Blast Radius that I'm looking for that the Suros gives me.  I am looking for Tracking.  I don't have good results with Hand grenades and Horseshoes.  I think I tried Cluster Bombs once.

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

Undead Hunter Master race

• 1395 posts

I have to agree with a lot of what was said above.  This round of RL's available from vendors is pretty weak.  Something Wicked from the Crucible Quartermaster might be viable if you get a good roll on one.  But as for getting one off the Vendor's shelve ... there isn't really a stand out model. 

The New Iron Banner Titanium Orchid is a beast if you get a good roll on it.  So is the Suros your looking for.  I need to pick up another one at some point.  Mine was sacrificed for vault space a while ago.  (oops)

I'm more of a Machine gun runner overall.  They offer a little more bang for the ammo brick in the Crucible for me, so I don't keep a lot of Rocket Launchers in my inventory.

My Warlock carries Gjallarhorn and the Titanium Orchid. 

My Hunter still carries his Tormod's Bellows and will carry a gally once I finish his quest.

My Titan is carrying Gally, Truth and Dragons Breath ... all Y1 models.

I would like to get my hands on an updated Truth at some point. 

Adkyth

Adkyth

Forum Lieutenant

• 297 posts

Just hide in a corner and switch to an Exotic RL when heavy is about to drop

Lil'Ubo

Lil'Ubo

Forum Admiral

• 6588 posts

Just hide in a corner and switch to an Exotic RL when heavy is about to drop

You spent a lot of time in that corner last night... and you weren't swapping erotics!

Edit: exotics**

teppic

teppic

Forum Captain

• 499 posts

I am looking for Tracking.  I don't have good results with Hand grenades and Horseshoes.  I think I tried Cluster Bombs once.

If you want a tracking one then Velocity is of no importance. A slow velocity even helps the rocket to correct its path if the target moves. Then you want a max Radius RL with tracking.

Choleric Dragon SRT-49, The Ash Factory, and Steel Oracle Z-11 can all roll Tripod + Field Scout + Tracking and all have a high Inventory (60)

The Warpath can also have the same roll but I don't know its Inventory.

Elulim's Frenzy is also very good but with only 2 in the mag. But high Inventory, high Radius, and Cocoon.

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4488 posts

The Suros JLB-47 is in next weeks orders.  I'll pick up the order, but I won't be in town to actually get the RL.  grrrr.

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

• 1395 posts

The Suros JLB-47 is in next weeks orders.  I'll pick up the order, but I won't be in town to actually get the RL.  grrrr.

Thanks for the heads up.  I'll have to pick on up again.  I always seem to have extra slots in my Heavy weapons inventory.  Should be easy to hold on to for a good roll. 

Adkyth

Adkyth

Forum Lieutenant

• 297 posts

PS Vita, or you can remote in from a laptop. Just pack a controller.

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4488 posts

PS Vita, or you can remote in from a laptop. Just pack a controller.

I forgot to buy the package.

redafro1980

redafro1980

Forum Lieutenant

• 222 posts

I got a nice roll Ash Factory in SLR..tracking/field scout

DaniArrow

DaniArrow

Forum Commander

• 1204 posts

In my opinion the best legendary RL for PvP is the Ash Factory. If you get Tripod, Grenades & Horseshoes and Javelin it's a beast.

I dislike the Suros one because it only gives me two rockets.

• teppic likes this

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4488 posts

I placed an order for the Gunsmiths JLB-42 RL last week.  It looks like Roll #1 has Tracking, Hard launch and Javelin which were the perks I was looking for.  This looks very close to my JLB-47.  I think I found my Titan his Rocket Launcher.  We'll see.  I'm still holding out for a JLB-47 in the future.

WardenMagen

WardenMagen

Forum Lieutenant

• 230 posts

I'm with teppic on the Choleric Dragon SRT-49, The Ash Factory or Steel Oracle Z-11. I keep any that have Tripod and Field Scout

Does Tripod and Clown Cartridge proc for 4 in chamber or is it maxed at 3? I have a Z-11 with it but haven't used much to notice

teppic

teppic

Forum Captain

• 499 posts

I'm with teppic on the Choleric Dragon SRT-49, The Ash Factory or Steel Oracle Z-11. I keep any that have Tripod and Field Scout

Does Tripod and Clown Cartridge proc for 4 in chamber or is it maxed at 3? I have a Z-11 with it but haven't used much to notice

I have a Steel Oracle Z-11 that pops a fourth rocket from time to time  :D

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4488 posts

I don't like Tripod for PvP.  I need tracking.  I'm usually dead before I can get a second shot off. Sometimes I can't even get one shot off.  And I want something that will track the mobile targets.  It's a personal preference.

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

• 1395 posts

I don't like Tripod for PvP.  I need tracking.  I'm usually dead before I can get a second shot off. Sometimes I can't even get one shot off.  And I want something that will track the mobile targets.  It's a personal preference.

Try rolling with a heavy machine gun for a while.  Literally more bang for your heavy block.  I can usually mow down 3-4 guardians after a heavy drop with a machine gun vs the 1-2 kills I'll net with Rockets. 

Granted, there isn't a better feeling watching someone across the map, who had no idea death was on the way, being blown up. 

But the increased kills per match with heavy will make up for it. 

teppic

teppic

Forum Captain

• 499 posts

Truth. You can't find a better tracking RL for PvP.

Tripod is useful in PvP because in certain circumstances it will give you 3 rockets out of the heavy brick when you'd get only 2 without the Tripod perk.

Your tracking JBL is great btw, its only drawback is that you'll always get only 2 rockets unless you combine a heavy chest + RL boots

From Mercules Massive Breakdowns:

PvP Inventory - Rockets per Brick:

• 20 to 60 - 2 rockets
  • 70 to 120 - 3 rockets with Tripod, or 2 rockets without.
  • 130 and up - 3 rockets, appears to be the new max for Rockets per Brick

Perks affecting Inventory work as follows:

• Boots with Increased Rocket Launcher ammo add +10
  • Armor with Increased Heavy Ammo adds +100
  • Field Scout adds +50
  • Tripod does not directly affect Inventory, but brings the Mag Size up to 3

Inventory of usual RLs:

• All SUROS Launchers (Vertigo, Gunsmith JLB's) - 20
  • Truth - 60
  • Dragon's Breath - 70
  • The Ash Factory - 60
  • The Smolder - 60
  • Choleric Dragon - 60
  • Ceres Lost - 20
  • The Tamarind - 60
  • Tormod's Bellows - 20
  • The Hothead - 30
  • Elulim's Frenzy - 60
  • Gjallarhorn - 60
  • The Nightmare - 20

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4488 posts

Your tracking JBL is great btw, its only drawback is that you'll always get only 2 rockets unless you combine a heavy chest + RL boots

To be honest.  Two rockets in PvP is perfectly fine with me.  As I stated, I'm usually dead before I can use the second one.  Usually bad timing on my part.

I love the Truth.  But I can't handle it.  Ha!  

I played a Mayhem Clash game using the Truth.  After the first heavy spawned, I never needed my primary or secondary again.  I kept RL-ing everyone and they'd drop more heavy.  That was a fun game for me.  

Plus the blast radius and velocity on the JLB-42 is slightly less than my -47 but itthey're still very high.  With only two rockets I don't need to worry about reload speed.  Also I'm usually running between shots so i don't care about the stability.  I'm pretty happy with the -42 so far. Didn't play with it much, but by numbers I'm good with it.

• Lil'Ubo likes this