Iron Banner - Control - 11/8

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5154 posts

It's Iron Banner day!!!!!

I'm excited about this week.  I think I'm at that prime light level 397/398 that this IB will reward me with loot to get me over that hump to 400 if I grind the IB like I normally do.  Hopefully.

My only worry is that like iron Banner's of the past, I have a fear that Bungie will lower the loot drop rates.  We were all excited last IB because it was the first one of the the DLC.  Since this is the second, will they dial the loot drops back or will they keep them at the same rate as they were for the last IB.  They're pushing a patch out today so I'm wondering that will mess with the drop rates.

At any rate.  I'm excited.  I love the Iron Banner!!!

• HockeyDad21 likes this

Adkyth

Adkyth

Forum Lieutenant

• 297 posts

I'm still of the mindset that there is going to be another content patch or release early next year...or at least another revival of CoE and the legacy content. The aggressive timeline for the Raid, HM and Challenges points to more coming. Because of that, I think Bungie will keep the gear flowing, because with Destiny 2 coming next year, they can raise the LL cap to whatever they want until then.

HockeyDad21

HockeyDad21

Forum Colonel

• 1874 posts

That vendor pulse rifle has some pretty good perks there. Not too bad if you're looking for one.

Lil'Ubo

Lil'Ubo

Forum Admiral

• 6659 posts

I'm still of the mindset that there is going to be another content patch or release early next year...or at least another revival of CoE and the legacy content. The aggressive timeline for the Raid, HM and Challenges points to more coming. Because of that, I think Bungie will keep the gear flowing, because with Destiny 2 coming next year, they can raise the LL cap to whatever they want until then.

I'm following you now... :P

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

Undead Hunter Master race

• 1534 posts

I'm not sure who I'll take in tonight. 

Ive been playing the heck out of my Walock lately.  But last night I decided to be a Hunter again, and it was pretty fun. 

I'll have to level him up a ton in order not to be squashed because of my light level. 

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5154 posts

I had an interesting first day of Iron Banner.  Due to issues I wasn't able to start playing until late in the evening.  I started the evening with 397LL

1st game:  Already in progress with 1:30 minutes left in the game and I'm on the losing team.  Game ends and I only have 3 kjlls.  I get a 399 Iron Sage Vest for post game drop.  Whoop!!! (previous vest was 395LL)

2nd game: My team wins, I get an exotic helmet.  The one I've been trying to get for two days.  I immediately go to the Cryptarch and it decrypts into a 400 helmet.  Double Whoop!!! (Previous helmet was 393LL)

3rd game:  Already in progress with 45 seconds to go and again, I'm on the losing team.  Game ends and I have NO kills and only 25 points (neutralized one zone).  But I had cleared one of the Iron Banner bounties and it rewards me with a 400LL helmet.  

4th game:  New game. I'm kicking arse.  Game ends and an Exotic Special drops (398LL Hereafter).  Post game reward is a 399LL Clever Dragon with very decent perks ( headseeker, armor piercing rounds, Perfect balance).  Debating on whether to infuse this into my 397 MIDA and buy the vendor version or keep it. 

5th game: New game.  Starting to wind down from a stressful day.  Not doing great.  Game ends.  Post game reward is a 400LL ghost.

6th game: New game.  Getting very tired now.  Got a blue pulse rifle.  

After this I went into the Forge to clear some of the RoI quests and just mindless Dreg shooting.  Then went to bed.

Besides the two games I was stuck in with no hope of winning.  I am happy with the games and the rewards I received.  Had fun in the games I was able to play a full game, even the ones I didn't win.

• R MK XXV likes this

Lil'Ubo

Lil'Ubo

Forum Admiral

• 6659 posts

Got 400 HMG & artifact in 3 or 4 games. Oh and 400 helm from package.

Then heroic raid. 400 invective, 385 mk.44 boots, 400 boots, 400 arms, 400 hmg, 400 ghost, 400 hand cannon, 400 Pulse Rifle and 2 385 helms while completing Aksis challenge :P
  • michael6745 likes this

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

• 1534 posts

I didn't end up playing last night. I didn't log in till closers to midnight, and didn't feel like I had the concentration to do any good.

But after reading Mike's post I probably should have.

Mtannert23

Mtannert23

Forum Sergeant

• 102 posts

I played 3 hours, honestly cant remember what I got from bounties and from endgame rewards, but I got:

2 x 400 gloves

1 x 400 distant star

1 x 399 clever dragon with terrible roll - infused into my zhalo
1 x 399 artifact

1 x 400 mark

2 x 400 hmg

2 x exotics dropped, helmet which I needed for my hunter, who had a 290 helmet and chestpiece.

Pretty satisfied with my game and rewards.
only problem is that Im rank 3,5 and it will take about 15 games to be rank 5.

Edited by Mtannert23, 09 November 2016 - 09:37 AM.

Zero1687

Zero1687

Forum Lieutenant

• 190 posts

I did not play much. 7 games so a little bit more of 1.3 hours. I got 1 Heavy, 1 Clever with an awfully beautiful roll and a pair of boots. From the bounties I got a Rocket, a Helmet and a Bond. I still have to finish the one from the games. Sadly, out of the 7 matches, 5 were extremely laggy. That being 4-5 Red bars on the other side, while we were all green bars. It was near impossible to do anything. And, of course, Mata-fucking-dor 64 over, and over, and over, and over again. 

I don't plan to do much more than 1 character this time around. Once I hit lvl 5, I'm not playing anymore. The vendor roll for both guns is amazing, so I'm more than happy with that. 

BTW, my Clever Dragon rolled with: 

C1: Perfect Balance/ Injection Mold

C2: Armor Piercing Rounds/ High-Caliber Rounds
C3: Rangefinder/ Outlaw

Near perfect stability, high range and staggering potential. Ohh sweet RNGesus. 

Orree

Orree

Forum Sergeant

• 92 posts

I was pretty excited about this Iron Banner because I finally got into a Clan and this would be my first IB running with them.  I didn't get to play until much later than I normally do because RL intruded...lol.   However, I was not disappointed.  Playing PvP with other people was soooooo much more fun than doing it solo.  Even in the few losses we took, it was a laugh and simply lots of fun.

I got a crap-roll Clever Dragon (which was LL 391, so I infused into my 388 Arminius-D) and the IB sparrow in my first game.  Sadly, that was it for weapons for the rest of the night.  After that, it was all armor and artifacts.  Not all helped, so I only when from 390 to 391 light.  I got three exotics which I haven't decrypted, yet.  However, none are likely to help me, because it mostly weapons holding me back, at the moment and I didn't get but the one aforementioned weapon drop.

Good time, though..looking forward to getting in there again, but RL intrudes big time again today...prolly won't get to play until tomorrow.

Adkyth

Adkyth

Forum Lieutenant

• 297 posts

I'm following you now... :P

Oh yeah! Well I am following YOU!

• Lil'Ubo likes this

EmbraceTheEdge

EmbraceTheEdge

Forum Captain

• 725 posts

Is there any reason to hold on to the bounties or should we use just use them once they're completed?

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5154 posts

Is there any reason to hold on to the bounties or should we use just use them once they're completed?

Use them.

Oddly enough.  I was more interested in getting high light level stuff last night than the actual gear.  I'm so close to 400 I can taste it.

Lil'Ubo

Lil'Ubo

Forum Admiral

• 6659 posts

Use them.

Oddly enough. I was more interested in getting high light level stuff last night than the actual gear. I'm so close to 400 I can taste it.

I'm close to Light level 1199... almost 1200!!!

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5154 posts

I'm close to Light level 1199... almost 1200!!!

I thought you were LL666...

Lil'Ubo

Lil'Ubo

Forum Admiral

• 6659 posts

I thought you were LL666...

you just made the List of Ubo! >_<

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5154 posts

you just made the List of Ubo! >_<

I thought I was already on it.  phft... -->-------

Mat

Mat

Forum Colonel

• 1711 posts

ill be 400 by the end of the week, went from 394 to 398 overnight

HockeyDad21

HockeyDad21

Forum Colonel

• 1874 posts

Just one of those days yesterday. With it being the first day, my warlock always goes first. Had a couple options as far as primary and secondary weapons go. I get some bounties and I'm ready to roll. On top of that, I'm part of a party of 5. So I'm thinking this is gonna go very well. Game after game after game I played like crap. Negative k/d, can hardly get any control points for what ever reason. I am playing so poorly (for my pvp standards) that I am really ticked off. The night comes to end for our party and it's just me. Before I sign off myself, I'm gonna try one more game just to see what happens. Lo and behold, I go on a tear and end the game with a 2+ k/d. I shut off the ps4 and eagerly await to hear the results of the Presidential election the next day.

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

• 1534 posts

Managed to squeeze in every games so far today while one of my kiddos was taking a nap.

First game we lost but I did rather well. 1.3 k/d.
Second game we won and my performance was about the same. Was rewarded with the Warlock body armor. (I gripped about its appearance before but now that I look at it I think it looks better than the Iron lord armor. Less fuzzy is better)

Third game ... Sheesh... the bottom dropped out. Lost ... .5 k/d. No rewards. It was on a map I play on a lot, and my kid woke up from their nap and was bounding on me while I was trying to play. So game time was over after that.

I'll give it another go tonight to see if I can get a dragon to drop.

EmbraceTheEdge

EmbraceTheEdge

Forum Captain

• 725 posts

Use them.

Got it. Thanks!

Just one of those days yesterday. With it being the first day, my warlock always goes first. Had a couple options as far as primary and secondary weapons go. I get some bounties and I'm ready to roll. On top of that, I'm part of a party of 5. So I'm thinking this is gonna go very well. Game after game after game I played like crap. Negative k/d, can hardly get any control points for what ever reason. I am playing so poorly (for my pvp standards) that I am really ticked off. The night comes to end for our party and it's just me. Before I sign off myself, I'm gonna try one more game just to see what happens. Lo and behold, I go on a tear and end the game with a 2+ k/d. I shut off the ps4 and eagerly await to hear the results of the Presidential election the next day.

I know those days well. It can be frustrating. Fortunately you went out on a high note and today is a new day!

• HockeyDad21 likes this

Lil'Ubo

Lil'Ubo

Forum Admiral

• 6659 posts

I thought I was already on it. phft... -->-------

.... what is your psn name again? Phobia? List of Ubo!!

HockeyDad21

HockeyDad21

Forum Colonel

• 1874 posts

.... what is your psn name again? Phobia? List of Ubo!!

PSN = Aibohphobia1221.  I'm just called 'phobia' by clan and online friends.

Lil'Ubo

Lil'Ubo

Forum Admiral

• 6659 posts

PSN = Aibohphobia1221. I'm just called 'phobia' by clan and online friends.

wait... who is micheal again?!?? :P