Photo

New To Forum

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

x34jedi

x34jedi

New Blood

• 9 posts

I've been playing Destiny since release, and I'm not terrible- but I have performance anxiety in high stress situations like strikes/raids.  I've had some luck finding people that will tolerate me on LFG, but it takes too long to find them.  I'm looking to get to know people, and find chill groups to play with on a semi-regular basis.  I've only done one raid.  Prefer to play with patient people- that don't mind giving instruction.

Edited by x34jedi, 15 July 2016 - 01:01 PM.

• Noles and Lil'Ubo like this

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4846 posts

Welcome!!!

You've found a place you can find chill people.  I did my first raid with folks from here and it was a blast.  They were very good teachers.  But if they start snickering when they tell you to stand somewhere, be very very careful.   :ohmy:

• Lil'Ubo, Anklesbane, HockeyDad21 and 2 others like this

x34jedi

x34jedi

New Blood

• 9 posts

So what would be the best way to make friends, and find people who are willing to let me tag along?  I'm new to forums.

HockeyDad21

HockeyDad21

Forum Colonel

• 1865 posts

Hi there Jedi. Welcome to the forum. We are glad you are here. If you happen to see me out and about in the Destiny world, just shoot me off a message on PSN - just note that you are from the PD Forum. Are there particular days and times that works best for you running raids and doing strikes?

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

Undead Hunter Master race

• 1481 posts

Welcome

x34jedi

x34jedi

New Blood

• 9 posts

Thanks!  I get out of work at 2:30 PM Central during the work week, and I can play some nights-  but I try not to stay up too late.  I get up for work Monday - Friday at 5 AM.  I have weekends off- so that's the best time for me to focus on more difficult tasks.

Noles

Noles

Community Manager

• 4247 posts

Hey man, thanks for joining and supporting the forum! :)

• x34jedi likes this

Anklesbane

Anklesbane

Hardcore Casual

• 769 posts

Welcome!!!

You've found a place you can find chill people.  I did my first raid with folks from here and it was a blast.  They were very good teachers.  But if they start snickering when they tell you to stand somewhere, be very very careful.   :ohmy:

I have no idea what you're talking about...

>.>
<.<

I've been playing Destiny since release, and I'm not terrible- but I have performance anxiety in high stress situations like strikes/raids.  I've had some luck finding people that will tolerate me on LFG, but it takes too long to find them.  I'm looking to get to know people, and find chill groups to play with on a semi-regular basis.  I've only done one raid.  Prefer to play with patient people- that don't mind giving instruction.

Hey man, I'm always willing to help if I'm available. I think you'll find that a lot of us here are willing to help, but often it's scheduling that's the biggest hinderances. Pretty much all of us work and have certain times we can play, so it takes a little work to form a group, but once we do become a pretty dependable squad... Most times.

I'm actually trying to form a raid for the Warpriest challenge on ps4 tomorrow night. Let me know if you're interested, I really should make a topic for it tonight.
  • Lil'Ubo and x34jedi like this

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4002 posts

Welcome Guardian!

Shleeepy Head

Shleeepy Head

Fringe Fanatic

• 718 posts

And another one!

Thanks for joining and welcome. I usually play PVP but will be back in the grind when RoI comes out.

Good luck raiding, I think this forum is more PSN so your in luck.

x34jedi

x34jedi

New Blood

• 9 posts

I have no idea what you're talking about...

>.>
<.<

Hey man, I'm always willing to help if I'm available. I think you'll find that a lot of us here are willing to help, but often it's scheduling that's the biggest hinderances. Pretty much all of us work and have certain times we can play, so it takes a little work to form a group, but once we do become a pretty dependable squad... Most times.

I'm actually trying to form a raid for the Warpriest challenge on ps4 tomorrow night. Let me know if you're interested, I really should make a topic for it tonight.

I wish I had checked this over the weekend.  One of my friends that hasn't played in ages came around.  This won't be the usual as he's heavily addicted to WoW.  Hope the raid was productive!  I was mainly collecting strange coins to turn in for three of coins.  Preparing for Iron Banner.  I would definitely love to play sometime- I need to finish almost all strikes and raids.

Lil'Ubo

Lil'Ubo

Forum Admiral

• 6635 posts

Welcome Guardian :) Free feel to add us on PSN and join us during Iron Banner shennanigans :)

x34jedi

x34jedi

New Blood

• 9 posts

Welcome Guardian :) Free feel to add us on PSN and join us during Iron Banner shennanigans :)

Best way to find a good fit for a clan?  I'd love to join one.

Lil'Ubo

Lil'Ubo

Forum Admiral

• 6635 posts

Best way to find a good fit for a clan?  I'd love to join one.

Just play with people first. see if you fit well with them, then decide if a clan is for you :)

Anklesbane

Anklesbane

Hardcore Casual

• 769 posts

I still need to figure out clan stuff on ps4. On Xbox my friends and I already had one, but that's not the case for my other system.

x34jedi

x34jedi

New Blood

• 9 posts

I still need to figure out clan stuff on ps4. On Xbox my friends and I already had one, but that's not the case for my other system.

I should probably know this- but are Clans an in game thing like Guilds in WoW?  Or is it just an online thing...

Anklesbane

Anklesbane

Hardcore Casual

• 769 posts

I should probably know this- but are Clans an in game thing like Guilds in WoW?  Or is it just an online thing...

They're basically online and not in game, except that it shows your clan tag and clan name on your banner. Also, there's a few achievements tied to it.

Orree

Orree

Forum Sergeant

• 92 posts

Welcome. Guardian!  always nice to see a new person join the community.  

I know what you mean about performance anxiety when it comes to raids.  Apart from not really knowing anyone in Destiny, I haven't raided because I remember how stressful doing the more difficult raid content was when I regularly played Star Wars: The Old Republic.  It sucks so much when you're the guy that makes everyone wipe..heheh.  I'd still like to do raids and strikes in Destiny, but I'm going to need to get to know some people before I do, probably.

• x34jedi likes this

Anklesbane

Anklesbane

Hardcore Casual

• 769 posts

I know what you mean about performance anxiety when it comes to raids.  Apart from not really knowing anyone in Destiny, I haven't raided because I remember how stressful doing the more difficult raid content was when I regularly played Star Wars: The Old Republic.  It sucks so much when you're the guy that makes everyone wipe..heheh.  I'd still like to do raids and strikes in Destiny, but I'm going to need to get to know some people before I do, probably.

I've been meaning to raid on Xbox again, may get a few buddies and see if they'd like to take a few new raiders in some day. No promises, but I'll look into it.
  • Lil'Ubo and michael6745 like this

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4846 posts

I've been meaning to raid on Xbox again, may get a few buddies and see if they'd like to take a few new raiders in some day. No promises, but I'll look into it.

Oree,

I'd take Ankles up on his offer to Raid. He's a very good teacher.  Do EVERYTHING he says... *snicker*....  

I ran my first raid with him two weeks ago and he made it unstressful.  However, you'll get frustrated on some of it as the mechanics take a bit to understand and get frustrating when you get it wrong over and over.  But you'll do well and Ankles helps you out.

Orree

Orree

Forum Sergeant

• 92 posts

Thanks, Anklesbane and Michael...good to know.  I think being a 100% solo player has been the worst part of playing Destiny.  There's a fair amount I simply can't do by myself.  That's how I can be someone who has been playing off and on since 2014 and yet have never had a character at max light level..lol.  I'm glad I discovered Iron Banner (read: finally gave it a try) a few months go.  I've gained a lot of light levels since then.

I just don't know anyone who plays and I'm a little shy, I guess...lol

COORS L1GHT

COORS L1GHT

New Blood

• 2 posts

I'm on XB1 and also am looking for some people to.play. This is my first post here. I do just about everything on Destiny. Strikes, Raids, and of course PvP. Anyone interested can shoot me friend request. This game is way to fun.

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4846 posts

Welcome!!