Photo

My first Raid...

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5308 posts

I went on my first raid last night with Lil'Ubo, Anklesbane, HockeyDad21 and two of Ubo's friends.  We haven't finished yet.  We got to Oryx and then it was late, and with work and other ADLs we called it a night.

I have to say a Raid is very interesting.  I can see why doing a raid with Randoms from LFG would be very frustrating.

I am lucky that everyone who went into this Raid knew I was a noob at this and Ubo, Hockey and Ankles are all very good teachers.  However, if you die, Ubo's going to tbag you.  So be warned, if you run with him, it's going to happen.  The fun part was, when he died, I got him back.

I won't give away any of the secrets to any other Raid noobs, but this was a fun experience.  The coordination needed in order to do everything is amazing.  All I have to say is hats off to those who trekked the Raid at the beginning. How the heck did they figure out what to do, when to do it, etc.  

My advice for those noobs who want to Raid:

1. Have the light level.  You'll need it.

2. Have some good weapons in your arsenal.  And an assortment of weapons to switch to when needed.

3. Make sure you have the an app like Tower Ghost.  I forgot my Black Spindle in my vault and at the War Priest I was like cr@p!!!!  Then Ubo reminded me to use the app and ta-da!!!  I had the Spindle in my hands.

4. Listen to the experienced players.  If your as lucky as I am, they'll keep you in check throughout the encounters and make it less confusing for you.  

5. Depending on who you're raiding with, you'll be the butt of many noob jokes.  Just have fun with it.  I think Ankles gets off on watching the noobs.  Just be careful when he says "stand here"...

The Raid is all about the process/mechanics which are what take the longest to understand.  Once you got that down, you're golden...

Hopefully we'll be able to finish tonight or tomorrow night and I'll have my first Raid under my belt.   :banana:

• Lil'Ubo, metalman5150, Anklesbane and 3 others like this

Mistah Pawkah

Mistah Pawkah

Forum Captain

• 539 posts

KF is a beast when you first attempt it, then eventually it gets to be so easy that you question why people around you are failing.

I took RagingSociopath not too long ago and he caught on quick. Some people take forever to learn because they don't listen. Glad it went well for you, good luck with Oryx!

navidee

navidee

Forum Major

• 801 posts

I went on my first raid last night with Lil'Ubo, Anklesbane, HockeyDad21 and two of Ubo's friends. We haven't finished yet. We got to Oryx and then it was late, and with work and other ADLs we called it a night.

I have to say a Raid is very interesting. I can see why doing a raid with Randoms from LFG would be very frustrating.

I am lucky that everyone who went into this Raid knew I was a noob at this and Ubo, Hockey and Ankles are all very good teachers. However, if you die, Ubo's going to tbag you. So be warned, if you run with him, it's going to happen. The fun part was, when he died, I got him back.

I won't give away any of the secrets to any other Raid noobs, but this was a fun experience. The coordination needed in order to do everything is amazing. All I have to say is hats off to those who trekked the Raid at the beginning. How the heck did they figure out what to do, when to do it, etc.

1. Have the light level. You'll need it.
2. Have some good weapons in your arsenal. And an assortment of weapons to switch to when needed.
3. Make sure you have the an app like Tower Ghost. I forgot my Black Spindle in my vault and at the War Priest I was like cr@p!!!! Then Ubo reminded me to use the app and ta-da!!! I had the Spindle in my hands.
4. Listen to the experienced players. If your as lucky as I am, they'll keep you in check throughout the encounters and make it less confusing for you.
5. Depending on who you're raiding with, you'll be the butt of many noob jokes. Just have fun with it. I think Ankles gets off on watching the noobs. Just be careful when he says "stand here"...

The Raid is all about the process/mechanics which are what take the longest to understand. Once you got that down, you're golden...

Hopefully we'll be able to finish tonight or tomorrow night and I'll have my first Raid under my belt. :banana:

FINALLY! Congrats man, doing the raids are a blast. I'm sure you may be mentally scarred after playing with these guys though lol.
  • Lil'Ubo and michael6745 like this

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5308 posts

FINALLY! Congrats man, doing the raids are a blast. I'm sure you may be mentally scarred after playing with these guys though lol.

I'll never be the same... *crying*

Mistah Pawkah

Mistah Pawkah

Forum Captain

• 539 posts

If it's your first time doing Oryx on hard mode, make sure they put you on plate 2. It'll make more sense when you get started. Your main responsibilities will include jumping onto your designated platform once plate 1 sounds off (PLATE ONE ON), shooting a knight in the face, busting sexy dance moves in mid after the knights/vessel die(s), and providing the dankest of memes to keep your runner entertained.

If your runner doesn't run a hunter with bones, you've lost already, even if you wind up killing Oryx. Bones are love, bones are life.

• schnauzahpowah likes this

DaniArrow

DaniArrow

Forum Commander

• 1245 posts

Nice to hear man! The raid is fun, I remember doing it on day one and it took a shitload of time to even figure the mechanics out, back then nobody knew what to do haha. :P I've recently gone back to raiding more to help some clan mates get the challenge modes done. We're only missing Oryx now, but that's fairly easy in CM. Good luck with finishing it! If you're ever in the mood to swing by Atheon or Crota let me know, I'm a decent sword bearer.

HockeyDad21

HockeyDad21

Forum Colonel

• 1894 posts

I went on my first raid last night with Lil'Ubo, Anklesbane, HockeyDad21 and two of Ubo's friends.  We haven't finished yet.  We got to Oryx and then it was late, and with work and other ADLs we called it a night.

I have to say a Raid is very interesting.  I can see why doing a raid with Randoms from LFG would be very frustrating.

I am lucky that everyone who went into this Raid knew I was a noob at this and Ubo, Hockey and Ankles are all very good teachers.  However, if you die, Ubo's going to tbag you.  So be warned, if you run with him, it's going to happen.  The fun part was, when he died, I got him back.

I won't give away any of the secrets to any other Raid noobs, but this was a fun experience.  The coordination needed in order to do everything is amazing.  All I have to say is hats off to those who trekked the Raid at the beginning. How the heck did they figure out what to do, when to do it, etc.  

1. Have the light level.  You'll need it.

2. Have some good weapons in your arsenal.  And an assortment of weapons to switch to when needed.

3. Make sure you have the an app like Tower Ghost.  I forgot my Black Spindle in my vault and at the War Priest I was like cr@p!!!!  Then Ubo reminded me to use the app and ta-da!!!  I had the Spindle in my hands.

4. Listen to the experienced players.  If your as lucky as I am, they'll keep you in check throughout the encounters and make it less confusing for you.  

5. Depending on who you're raiding with, you'll be the butt of many noob jokes.  Just have fun with it.  I think Ankles gets off on watching the noobs.  Just be careful when he says "stand here"...

The Raid is all about the process/mechanics which are what take the longest to understand.  Once you got that down, you're golden...

Hopefully we'll be able to finish tonight or tomorrow night and I'll have my first Raid under my belt.   :banana:

Just wanted to get this out there: I wanted to warn you about the piston room after Golgoroth but the team obviously had other plans. lol. Welcome to the raid there Michael. Had a blast last night.

• michael6745 likes this

Lil'Ubo

Lil'Ubo

Forum Admiral

• 6659 posts

1) You never tbagged me. I was never dead! Anklebane, on the other hand, got a whole lot of baggage....

2) Anklebane rightfully initiated you to the piston wall jump puzzle! :P

3) We ain't done with you yet boi!!!!

• michael6745 likes this

DaniArrow

DaniArrow

Forum Commander

• 1245 posts

I think Oryx is the challenge this week, right? He's easier to beat in CM, might as well do that for some sweet extra loot you guys. :)

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5308 posts

Just wanted to get this out there: I wanted to warn you about the piston room after Golgoroth but the team obviously had other plans. lol. Welcome to the raid there Michael. Had a blast last night.

I knew about the piston room from some of the videos posted here.  But I didn't know about that one.  I'll get you Ankles!!!!!  Mark my words... mmwwwahhaahahahaha

• Lil'Ubo and DaniArrow like this

Mistah Pawkah

Mistah Pawkah

Forum Captain

• 539 posts

Piston room? Nah. Room of giant d***s.

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5308 posts

1) You never tbagged me. I was never dead! Anklebane, on the other hand, got a whole lot of baggage....

2) Anklebane rightfully initiated you to the piston wall jump puzzle! :P

3) We ain't done with you yet boi!!!!

1. Yes, you did die. Several times at the jump ship.  I did tbag you when you went AFK.  And we double tbagged Ankles at the War Priest.

2. Yes.  And I took it like a man.

3. Looking forward to finishing.  I have a fresh tbag to start the day with...

navidee

navidee

Forum Major

• 801 posts

If your runner doesn't run a hunter with bones, you've lost already, even if you wind up killing Oryx. Bones are love, bones are life.

Phhht. I run relic with my warlock. Floaty jumping ftw.

Mistah Pawkah

Mistah Pawkah

Forum Captain

• 539 posts

I'm actually thinking about trolling my next raid group just to be a d***. I think I'll run a voidwalker with blink and TLW, and offer to run. Should be interesting.

• HockeyDad21 likes this

HockeyDad21

HockeyDad21

Forum Colonel

• 1894 posts

Piston room? Nah. Room of giant d***s.

Protruding *****es

• Mistah Pawkah likes this

navidee

navidee

Forum Major

• 801 posts

I'm actually thinking about trolling my next raid group just to be a d***. I think I'll run a voidwalker with blink and TLW, and offer to run. Should be interesting.

I'm being 100% serious though. I run relic with a warlock.

Mistah Pawkah

Mistah Pawkah

Forum Captain

• 539 posts

Yeah it's chill with the warlock jump, just double-tap and float. Bones are just way more fun.

EmbraceTheEdge

EmbraceTheEdge

Forum Captain

• 725 posts

Congrats man! One more thing to check off the Destiny list. 

I can still remember the first time I finished the raid in normal mode and my first few Oryx Challenge completions. Good times.

If you guys are short just let me know. I'm more then willing to help out.

• HockeyDad21 likes this

Elbows_Of_Doom

Elbows_Of_Doom

Doom Bringer

• 338 posts

we call the piston room "the wall of d***s" or "d*** wall" lol

Anklesbane

Anklesbane

Hardcore Casual

• 769 posts

Man, first Oryx kill being hard mode challenge is pretty cool. Glad I was able to help!

Want to add a quick stat for you, Michael. Only 5.3% of players of PS4 have the Long Live the King trophy. Welcome to the world of the "hardcore."

• Lil'Ubo and HockeyDad21 like this

BK54

BK54

Forum Lieutenant

• 176 posts

The 'easiest' is Crota's End, imo. While Vault takes ALOT of teamwork, and Kings Fall requires communication, and alot of it.

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5308 posts

Man, first Oryx kill being hard mode challenge is pretty cool. Glad I was able to help!

Want to add a quick stat for you, Michael. Only 5.3% of players of PS4 have the Long Live the King trophy. Welcome to the world of the "hardcore."

It took a few tries but we rocked it. Most of the issues were with me trying to figure out the patterns. We finally put it all together.

Thanks to all on the Raid.

I finally have some "Raid gear"

But I was robbed. I got two 334 artifacts. LOL. I'm still that 1 away from 335. Sigh.

Lil'Ubo

Lil'Ubo

Forum Admiral

• 6659 posts

It took a few tries but we rocked it. Most of the issues were with me trying to figure out the patterns. We finally put it all together.

Thanks to all on the Raid.

I finally have some "Raid gear"

But I was robbed. I got two 334 artifacts. LOL. I'm still that 1 away from 335. Sigh.

he gets to run a raid! finishes it on hard. gets trophies! complains about 334 artifact!

*FLIP DESK*
  • Anklesbane and michael6745 like this

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5308 posts

Breaking your phone. Flipping desks. -sigh-

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

Forum Colonel

• 1540 posts

Congrats Mike. Great job! So what was your loot total for the run?