Photo

Rise of Iron

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 3982 posts

As most of us have probably heard by now the new dlc will supposedly be called Rise of Iron ,and supposedly include s new raid among other things .
Just wanted to know what everyone thought ,should we get excited or wait until there is official word ? Me personally I'll wait for official word .

vilhjamir

vilhjamir

Forum Sergeant

• 129 posts

For specific details I'm gonna wait, but on the King's Fall stream the head of the Raid team asked if he could say anything about the new raid and Deej said no, which does at least confirm there is another raid coming.

Anklesbane

Anklesbane

Hardcore Casual

• 769 posts

I'm not gonna get overhyped or overthink until we hear official word. Leaks like this have happened in the past and end up being nothing, 

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 3982 posts

I'm not gonna get overhyped or overthink until we hear official word. Leaks like this have happened in the past and end up being nothing,

I agree !

Noles

Noles

Community Manager

• 4247 posts

From the article on the homepage:

The Iron Lords are all but gone, but this expansion could give insight into the stories of the Iron Wolves – WeyloranColovanceFinnalaDeidrisHaakonNirwen,AshravenBretomart, and Tormod. “The Iron Wolves, like the Iron Lords, came to the Last City’s defense during one its darkest hours. Little is known about the Iron Wolves or their relation to the Iron Lords, except that one day the Wolves gathered beneath an Ironwood tree and swore an unbreakable oath.”

• Lil'Ubo, EmbraceTheEdge, DefiantMars and 6 others like this

Anklesbane

Anklesbane

Hardcore Casual

• 769 posts

I think that if this is the fall expansion, it's a great idea. I don't see there being any more major story progression until Destiny 2, so using this time to tell the story of characters we know so little about but have been so important would be awesome. Last summer I had an idea for a raid where we used Vex gates to go back and participate in some of the major battles in the City's history. I highly doubt it'll be anything like that, but a Fallen raid just sounds cool. 

Kotaku says they have sources familiar with Bungie confirming it http://kotaku.com/le...e-of-1777705438

Man, I had to dig around to find this gem. Here is the raid idea I came up with almost a year ago. Looking back on it I can see how my understanding of mechanics was pretty fresh, but to me the idea of using the historical battles as a framework for a raid could still work. If the raid ends up being something like this, ya'll owe me a cookie. 

http://forums.planet...-raid/?p=145352

• vilhjamir likes this

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 3982 posts

If it doesn't have Hive or Taken I'm all for it . A Fallen raid is an awesome idea , maybe they'll give us the scoop at E3
next month .

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4823 posts

I'll wait for official word, but I like the idea of the Rise of Iron.  I've always been keen on the Iron Banner related items.  It would be cool to see that story line expanded.

Lil'Ubo

Lil'Ubo

Forum Admiral

• 6633 posts

Kotaku is confirming the expansion and a Fallen raid that was originally taken out of House of Wolves (so the story goes).

Personally, i think that the leak is actually Bungie purposely revealing the poster at the same time that Trials was cancelled; thereby, spinning bad media into positive media buzz! IT is GENIUS!

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4823 posts

Kotaku is confirming the expansion and a Fallen raid that was originally taken out of House of Wolves (so the story goes).

Personally, i think that the leak is actually Bungie purposely revealing the poster at the same time that Trials was cancelled; thereby, spinning bad media into positive media buzz! IT is GENIUS!

Yes.  And it gets us talking about Destiny again instead of b!tching about Destiny.

From the article on the homepage:

The Iron Lords are all but gone, but this expansion could give insight into the stories of the Iron Wolves –

"... except that one day the Wolves gathered beneath an Ironwood tree and swore an unbreakable oath.”

Lore question:

Where is the "Ironwood tree"?

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 3982 posts

The Ironwood tree is in my yard there's a few of them actually , they'll dull a chainsaw in seconds !
  • michael6745 likes this

HockeyDad21

HockeyDad21

Forum Colonel

• 1862 posts

I am very excited. First, it tells me that Bungie is keeping up on its promise to be more forward about upcoming content. While not much detail was given, it is great news to say the least. They've done a good job so far with recent updates to a new strike, new items to go after and updating prison of elders. 

DaniArrow

DaniArrow

Forum Commander

• 1209 posts

I love how they're taking things out of the original game or it's DLCs to later sell it seperately.

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4823 posts

I love how they're taking things out of the original game or it's DLCs to later sell it seperately.

Maybe they took it out because they weren't able to develop it enough in time to deliver.

metalman5150

metalman5150

Forum Lieutenant

• 255 posts

Validity or not - BUNGIE MUST know that a single Raid should never be relied on to carry endgame interest, for month than six months.  

Kings Fall will be One Year old, come September. 

EmbraceTheEdge

EmbraceTheEdge

Forum Captain

• 725 posts

I also read it could be tied into Iron Banner PvP somehow as Lord Saladin is pictured. I'm not sure how that would work or if it's more than just a shallow theory, but it would be interesting.

vilhjamir

vilhjamir

Forum Sergeant

• 129 posts

Having only started playing just prior to the December update (so that I didn't even notice there was a December update really since I hadn't experienced anything that would have been affected by it), the thing I am most looking forward too is getting a Raid that I can go into completely blind. Just get some folks together and explore something fresh, where all the strats haven't been worked out. Maybe it'll be frustrating, overwhelming and downright maddening, but there will also be that sense of discovery and exploration.

Ollie1024

Ollie1024

Forum Sergeant

• 115 posts

Having only started playing just prior to the December update (so that I didn't even notice there was a December update really since I hadn't experienced anything that would have been affected by it), the thing I am most looking forward too is getting a Raid that I can go into completely blind. Just get some folks together and explore something fresh, where all the strats haven't been worked out. Maybe it'll be frustrating, overwhelming and downright maddening, but there will also be that sense of discovery and exploration.

oddly thats what im looking forward the most too, i also started this december and just the tought of having lord saladin comanding our forces in to going to the cosmodrome to stop the Fallen is.. wow yea im excited lol 

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4823 posts

What's funny is that yesterday this forum was quiet.  Too quiet.  I was going to post a question asking if it is because no one is playing Destiny, or is it just nothing to talk about.  Then today we have new stuff to discuss and the forum is active.  I love it!

• Art of War, Anklesbane and Whopper like this

Anklesbane

Anklesbane

Hardcore Casual

• 769 posts

What's funny is that yesterday this forum was quiet.  Too quiet.  I was going to post a question asking if it is because no one is playing Destiny, or is it just nothing to talk about.  Then today we have new stuff to discuss and the forum is active.  I love it!

To be fair there really wasn't much to talk about lately.

HockeyDad21

HockeyDad21

Forum Colonel

• 1862 posts

There was new content recently, but the new strike and changes to PoE wasn't much as far as game changing. Both myself and others I play with wasn't much into the whole chroma thing and getting armor sets to match up. There were some new weapons as well. But it wasn't something like I got x armor or x weapon and would discuss about it on this forum. And the only reason why we're pretty much talking today is the lack of ToO and IB. Go figure. lol.

Lil'Ubo

Lil'Ubo

Forum Admiral

• 6633 posts

I WANT IT TO BE RISE OF THORN! :D

Thorn-PVP.png

Anklesbane

Anklesbane

Hardcore Casual

• 769 posts

I WANT IT TO BE RISE OF THORN! :D

Thorn-PVP.png

Now I kinda want the raid boss to be Randal the Vandal with dual Thorns.

• Lil'Ubo likes this

Lil'Ubo

Lil'Ubo

Forum Admiral

• 6633 posts

Now I kinda want the raid boss to be Randal the Vandal with dual Thorns.

You want none of Randal....

EzLWWvS.jpg

Anklesbane

Anklesbane

Hardcore Casual

• 769 posts

You want none of Randal....

EzLWWvS.jpg

deejthevandal.jpg

I had to

• Lil'Ubo likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Question