Photo

TTK April Update Loot bragging thingy

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

Undead Hunter Master race

• 1534 posts

So how is everyone enjoying the April update so far?  Get anything good yet?  Anything worth bragging about?

After the update downloaded and installed I decoded a few engrams I had stored away and received

(300) Bones of Eao from a Legendary engram

(314) ATS/8 Tarantella from an Exotic engram

Those engrams leveled up my Cryptarch level and I received

Motes

Coins

And ... the Vallsgarde shader that I have been after since TTK dropped.  (Black/Gold)

Played a match in Crucible to get my Sterling Treasure and that leveled up my Crucible rep which gave me:

(315) Antipodal Hindsight

(Ship) Belisarius Defiant

First Sterling Treasure I opened gave me the Taken Hunter Helmet  (Desolate Cover)

Second Sterling chest I opened gave me the Taken Hunter Chest piece.  (Desolate Vest)

Received a few Cromas as well.  Red & Yellow.  No gear yet to infuse it into yet.

I also found a Paleocontact K-JPK-43 sitting in my inventory that I completely ignored for some reason. 

When I looked it over it had Persistence, Perfect Balance & Counter Balance!  It doesn't move when you pull the trigger.  Its crazy.  I'm probably going to infuse the Antipodal Hindsight into it to beef it up a little.  Wish I knew about it before the past IB.  Could have been a lot of fun to use. 

So what kind of gear have you received in the April Update?

• Pbhou likes this

EmbraceTheEdge

EmbraceTheEdge

Forum Captain

• 725 posts

I had saved a bunch of exotic engrams and some legendary. I infused most of them into my favorite weapons and armor to continue to increase my light level. The only thing I kept was the Lucky Raspberry (Have Y1 version). Pretty happy with how everything worked out. The 1:1 makes things a whole lot easier. 

I bought an emote and a few Stirling Treasures, because... Well... A fool and his money are soon parted. :D Out of that I received a bunch of Cromas, reputation gaines, Desolate and Spektar armor. 

Pbhou

Pbhou

Forum Lieutenant

• 300 posts

320 Twilight Garrison, and a bunch of other stuff I'll most likely infuse into the stuff I already have that I actually like using.

• Art of War likes this

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5203 posts

Oh crap.  I forgot that we can get a Sterling Treasure box from the Weekly Crucible match thingy.  

When I turned all my exotics in I ranked up two levels with the Cryptarch.  

I also got the Vallsgarde shader on my second level up.  It's a sweet shader.

How do you get one from Just logging in?  I never got one when logging in.  (see the patch notes below)

Sterling Treasures

• Players are guaranteed to receive up to three Sterling Treasures per account by doing these actions after the weekly reset:
    • Logging a character into the game
    • Completing the Level 41 Prison of Elders
    • Completing a match in the weekly featured Crucible playlist

Buddha7305

Buddha7305

Forum Sergeant

• 71 posts

Check all your characters.  My free one showed up on my least used character :(

Art of War

Art of War

Knights of the 7 Kingdoms

• 757 posts

I got two Zen Meteors (327 & 323). Infused one into one of my 1000 Yard Stares. I got a 325 Queensbreakers Bow. A 322 and 323 Thunderlords that that infused into one of my Sleeper Simulants and Harrowed Quillim's Terminus. A 326 Dregs Promise. I've got my Mida up to 322 and Haakon's Hatchet up to 323, my Nerwin's Mercy up to 321 from other decrypted exotics. Most of my armor I got from all my vaulted engrams I infused into my raid armor to bring it up substantially.

Plus, how awesome was it to pick up a 280 Zarinaea-D auto rifle Armsday order today and getting it to 319 with a single rare engram. It's a great time to be a guardian.

It's a nice day when my 319 DarkHollow Gauntlets is my biggest problem keeping this guardian down to a lowly 324 :)

320 Twilight Garrison, and a bunch of other stuff I'll most likely infuse into the stuff I already have that I actually like using.

I feel ya on that. I like what I like and I know what I like... so most of my stuff was just infused into my preferred loadout gear. Except that new Zen Meteor has caught my attention. I kept one of them around. That sniper may give my beloved 1000 Yard Stare a run at being my top dog sniper.

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5203 posts

Check all your characters.  My free one showed up on my least used character :(

Nope.  Not there either.  *Sobbing*

vilhjamir

vilhjamir

Forum Sergeant

• 129 posts

The Sterling treasure boxes aren't dropping like they should. Its a bug Bungie is looking at.

Zydron

Zydron

Forum Lieutenant

• 293 posts

The Sterling treasure boxes aren't dropping like they should. Its a bug Bungie is looking at.

Oh another bug on something that Bungie was suppose to be giving us for free, who would've thought that would happen? :laugh:

• Lil'Ubo and HockeyDad21 like this

Riewoldt

Riewoldt

Forum Major

• 752 posts

The coolest thing I got was a 312 Spektar amour Titan chest piece, which I used a blue chroma on to make the chest piece glow blue. I infused the Spektor amour up to 320. I was just finishing up for the night when I was leveling up Dead Orbit and received it which Dead Orbit reached a new faction level.

Here is a picture of it that will soon be my avatar:

Destiny_20160414013357.jpg

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

• 1534 posts

Got an interesting drop tonight from a Vanguard package. I received the ship "Fatal Vision". Big orange monster of a ship. Similar design to the new New Monarchy ship. It's pretty cool looking..

I also received some new hunter boots in the same package. Kinda disappointed in them. They look almost identical to all of the other hunter boots out there.

Nothing else overall exciting tonight.

DaniArrow

DaniArrow

Forum Commander

• 1245 posts

I got about 6 new armour pieces and all of them had shitty perks and stats. :P Trashed everything.

I got a PoE scout rifle for ranking up the House of Judgement though, gonna try that out sometime soon.

WardenMagen

WardenMagen

Forum Lieutenant

• 230 posts

Most exotics dropped between 316 and 318, 1 at 320, so all guardians now at or above the 315 LL mark

Highlights include the new 320 taken sword, a 321 artifact from the CoO, 2 items from DO rep ticks @ 321 & 322 and all 3 guardians managing a rep tick with Banshee for 320 to 322 rewards

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5203 posts

Last night was somewhat better for me.

I got a 319 artifact from the CoO (I went 5 times throughout the night last night and the last time there was actually other Guardians there)

I got a 322 Grim Citizen III from somewhere.  I think it was a Crucible reward.  I think this gun is the new Red Spectre. It looks just the same. It's the same archetype as the An Answering Chord.  Correct me if I'm wrong on this.  This is my first item over 320.  I was going to infuse it into my MIDA, but I thought I'd try the gun out since I like the An Answering Chord. The roles I got give this gun massive stability.  Hip Fire / Fitted stock, Hand Laid stock, reinfoced barrel / Grenadier.  With the hand laid stock , stability is well to the right. 

I got a new Sparrow from Petra's quest.  I still love her body paint.

I also got the Spektar Kalipolis Vest at 322.  This is a nice looking vest.  I with my "Shimmer" shader and the blue Chroma I added, it matches my armor perfectly.  I am actually using it over my IB vests.  

With all my new stuff, not counting the 322 primary, I'm at 317 LL.  I'm good with the rate I'm going.  I feel strange when I get a blue that is 300 and I just scrap it now.  

I really want the new Queen's Choice sidearm.  The replacement for the Vestian Dynasty.  I saw several Guardians with this last night and I got jealous.  I want to know how to get it.

nvzDDLv.jpg

Art of War

Art of War

Knights of the 7 Kingdoms

• 757 posts

I really want the new Queen's Choice sidearm.  The replacement for the Vestian Dynasty.  I saw several Guardians with this last night and I got jealous.  I want to know how to get it.

I ended up getting a 327 Queen's Choice sidearm on Tuesday. I've never tried a sidearm but it looked interesting so I stuck in my vault until i figure out what to do with it. Mine has Crowd Control, Speed Reload, High Caliber Rounds, Reinforced Barrel, Relentless Tracker. 

Lil'Ubo

Lil'Ubo

Forum Admiral

• 6659 posts

328 Queen AR that sucks, 329 Soulstealer's Claw AR with RF, HLS and snapshot (DoP style AR?), 327 QBB, and 328 Titan airplane helm!

• vilhjamir likes this

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5203 posts

I ended up getting a 327 Queen's Choice sidearm on Tuesday. I've never tried a sidearm but it looked interesting so I stuck in my vault until i figure out what to do with it. Mine has Crowd Control, Speed Reload, High Caliber Rounds, Reinforced Barrel, Relentless Tracker. 

I'll give you 10 exotics engrams for it. *wink wink nudge nudge*

• Art of War likes this

Zero1687

Zero1687

Forum Lieutenant

• 190 posts

I'm currently at 329 Light with my main Guardian (Warlock Voidwalker). Got a 331 Imago Loop from the strike last night. Also got the Hood of Malok in 328 Int+Disc with Ashes to Assets and Better Already (great for that Gunslinger that I don't use :P). 

As for other stuff I got, I would say tons of stuff. Loot has been amazing since the update. Got the Zen Meteor, which works wonders in PVP, got the new scout with Crowd Control, a couple of bonds and the new Ghost. I also got the new PS exclusive cape for the Hunter, with Disc+Str which is great as I only use the Nighstalker. Got some new shaders. 

I feel that now most activities feel rewarding. Strike exclusive loot is now level matched, so if you are 320, stuff as Threads Upon the Stars, or Imago Loop will drop in 320+ and such. The same for exotic engrams and Faction rewards. 

I'm loving it, more than I expected. 

• tburns11 likes this

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5203 posts

What's funny, in two months we'll have all the new gear, weapons, high LL stuff and we'll be complaining for new content.

That's why I'm taking my time.   :whistling:

• letslipthedogs and Art of War like this

volnatic

volnatic

Forum Sergeant

• 74 posts

Where do you pick up the sterling treasure? I played the crucible last night and didn't see anything about it. I also went to the Reef and talked to everyone with a triangle over their head...still nothing.

Lil'Ubo

Lil'Ubo

Forum Admiral

• 6659 posts

Where do you pick up the sterling treasure? I played the crucible last night and didn't see anything about it. I also went to the Reef and talked to everyone with a triangle over their head...still nothing.

1) Poe 41 - first run of the week

2) First Weekly Crucible match

3) Free at the Postmaster (i never received one)

Conversely, you could RIP you wallet and buy them at the Eververse Trading Company

volnatic

volnatic

Forum Sergeant

• 74 posts

Oh, the weekly crucible. I was playing the daily...that'll do it. Thanks chief.

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5203 posts

I never got my weekly free one either.  From what I've read, it sounds like many haven't.

I also bought one at the same time I bought the "taunt" emote.  I wish I wouldn't bought the Sterling Treasure box.  I prefer the faction Chroma armor.

Zero1687

Zero1687

Forum Lieutenant

• 190 posts

What's funny, in two months we'll have all the new gear, weapons, high LL stuff and we'll be complaining for new content.

That's why I'm taking my time.   :whistling:

I guess that's the case for many. For me, the end game is getting different guns and trying different rolls in PVP. 

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

• 1534 posts

So exactly how much is there to do in the expansion? 

I've run 1 mission, 1 level 41 run in PoEV2.0 and 1 strike and I only have 1 marker showing up on my map.  And that's for the next PoEV2.0 run where you have to be at a 320 light level.  (which I'm not at yet).

Do more things to do appear after I level up and run the next Prison thingy?