• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5115 posts

An interesting article on what weapons to get from the Tower before 2.2.0

http://planetdestiny...vendor-weapons/

I definitely agree with the DO Hung Jury.  

I can't comment on the other 10 though.

Pbhou

Pbhou

Forum Lieutenant

• 300 posts

they used to do articles like this all the time, and i miss them.

it's a large part of shortening the learning curve from Y1 for me, b/c I only got into the game about this time last year.

and yes, def. HJ is one to get if you don't already have one.

HockeyDad21

HockeyDad21

Forum Colonel

• 1874 posts

Hung Jury was one of the best scout rifles I've used. That was my first primary weapon I'd used going on raids and it was awesome seeing some heads explode when getting headshots. I almost have all the items listed in the article as my 3 toons have pledged to one of the factions. For PvP, if you havent used a sidearm - especially havoc pigeon - I think you're missing out on something. I've been using a sidearm in pvp for a couple months now and it's hard for me to go back to a sniper or shotgun. However for pve, I find it difficult to use a sidearm. I'm not a fan of pulse rifles but I do have The Villany collecting dust in my vault. I do recall it being very stable and useful in both pvp and pve.

• michael6745 likes this

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5115 posts

Hung Jury was one of the best scout rifles I've used. That was my first primary weapon I'd used going on raids and it was awesome seeing some heads explode when getting headshots. I almost have all the items listed in the article as my 3 toons have pledged to one of the factions. For PvP, if you havent used a sidearm - especially havoc pigeon - I think you're missing out on something. I've been using a sidearm in pvp for a couple months now and it's hard for me to go back to a sniper or shotgun. However for pve, I find it difficult to use a sidearm. I'm not a fan of pulse rifles but I do have The Villany collecting dust in my vault. I do recall it being very stable and useful in both pvp and pve.

I have moved to a sidearm myself.  I can't snipe like the pros, (seriously? I just walked around the corner and you snipe me? How?!?!) so I just annoy them with my scout and if I have a shot gunner charging me, I backpedal and pull out my Ironwreath-D and dispatch them.  If I didn't have my Ironwreath-D, I'd be using the Havoc Pigeon.

they used to do articles like this all the time, and i miss them.

it's a large part of shortening the learning curve from Y1 for me, b/c I only got into the game about this time last year.

and yes, def. HJ is one to get if you don't already have one.

I miss when they do the also.  I was thinking about this last week and was wondering if the lack of new Destiny content is the reason for lack of articles such as these.  Since they have already discussed things to death. ??

HockeyDad21

HockeyDad21

Forum Colonel

• 1874 posts

I have moved to a sidearm myself.  I can't snipe like the pros, (seriously? I just walked around the corner and you snipe me? How?!?!) so I just annoy them with my scout and if I have a shot gunner charging me, I backpedal and pull out my Ironwreath-D and dispatch them.  If I didn't have my Ironwreath-D, I'd be using the Havoc Pigeon.

I love that now when a shottie comes charging at me too. A few pop, pop, pop, pop (maybe more, lol) and they stop dead in their tracks before they get to me. Yeah, I don't think so.

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5115 posts

I love that now when a shottie comes charging at me too. A few pop, pop, pop, pop (maybe more, lol) and they stop dead in their tracks before they get to me. Yeah, I don't think so.

Backpedaling is they key for me.  I tried to charge one shotty as they were charging me and I got into their fire range quicker than I could pop pop pop.  Actually with the Ironwreath-D its "pst pst pst pst".    I need to keep distance between me and them.

Noles

Noles

Community Manager

• 4251 posts

I wanted to clear up that I don't think the current Tower weapons will be completely reset until the paid expansion later this year. 

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5115 posts

I wanted to clear up that I don't think the current Tower weapons will be completely reset until the paid expansion later this year. 

It's still a good article and we want more.   :P

Pbhou

Pbhou

Forum Lieutenant

• 300 posts

expect the best, but anticipate the worst...

not that it's worst, but i do anticipate a change from tower vendors.

teppic

teppic

Forum Captain

• 499 posts

I like their list and agree with most of them.
For the pulses, the Villainy is cool but has an awkward recoil pattern, I would have chosen the Hawksaw instead.

However for newcomers, 11 weapons are worth 1650 Marks. 2 weeks before update, it'll be difficult...
The absolute must-buy are the Hung Jury and the 1kys that are both great for the raid. Only my opinion though...

Edited by teppic, 28 March 2016 - 04:19 PM.

• Pbhou likes this

Pbhou

Pbhou

Forum Lieutenant

• 300 posts

I experienced before, last year.  I only began playing about a year ago, just before HoW was released.  I tried like hell to get enough marks (or w/e they were called at the time) to get a Badger CCL, and by the time of the update, I was $1 short of being able to get it, and had exhausted any option to get additional $ for it.

No Badger CCL for me.

Next day, did the daily, and bought a One/One Synesthete. The vendor roll had firefly, and I fell in love with it.  It's the gun I used to finally kill Skolas, despite having the Vision of Confluence as my go-to weapon.

My point is, whatever comes out next will be different, it will take some getting used to.  It hurt to finally shard my old favorites, but I've long forgotten that pain. 

The new vendor selection, whatever they may be, if they even have one, will be good.  Bungie knows they must be, after such a long drought of content.  If they're going to do it, they're going to do it right.

mrscorps

mrscorps

Forum Major

• 826 posts

From all of those, the only ones I would say "Buy" are:

-Hung Jury. Duh.

-Objection IV.

-Patch A if you need a PVE shottie.

I don't find the rest appealing enough to spend marks on them. The yard stare you'll get one with your questline that is as good if not better than the one in the vendor. Vertigo is a suros RL so useless with only 2 rockets per brick + a ridiculously low ROF. Havoc pidgeon falls a dime a dozen from engrams now a days (for me at least) and I feel the Ironwreath is a bit better. Grande, I have a havoc pidgeon with Rangefinder and battle runner and yeah, it wrecks. The villany is...well...meh. Its viable in PVP but PVE?There are many more viable options for legendary primaries around.

I think they might give us new rolls on them though. But I agree. No new weapons. Anything new will be bound to POE. 

New:

-Rehashed POE Weapons and Armor

-New Exotics (both year 1 weapons and armor left behind and year 2 armor already in the armory but not the loot table)

I experienced before, last year.  I only began playing about a year ago, just before HoW was released.  I tried like hell to get enough marks (or w/e they were called at the time) to get a Badger CCL, and by the time of the update, I was $1 short of being able to get it, and had exhausted any option to get additional $ for it.

No Badger CCL for me.

Next day, did the daily, and bought a One/One Synesthete. The vendor roll had firefly, and I fell in love with it.  It's the gun I used to finally kill Skolas, despite having the Vision of Confluence as my go-to weapon.

My point is, whatever comes out next will be different, it will take some getting used to.  It hurt to finally shard my old favorites, but I've long forgotten that pain. 

The new vendor selection, whatever they may be, if they even have one, will be good.  Bungie knows they must be, after such a long drought of content.  If they're going to do it, they're going to do it right.

I wish you were right but I doubt it. Bungie has been making sure almost no good weapons exist. All weapons are "meh" across the board, even exotics, raid and trials weapons. The ones that stand out do so because they slipped under the radar. If they knew that Doctrine would be so good they would have never made it with those perks for example.

The current idea of balance for them is tons and tons of useless perks, forming weapons that aren't anything special. Then some rolls make the weapon a severe cut above the rest (though not amazing still) and some lucky few get those weapons. Thats their idea of balance.

insanecee

insanecee

New Blood

• 8 posts

I always have too many marks, I will probably buy some of the faction specific. I do have the Hung Jury/1k yard stare. The others are less memorable for me. But having the faction colors helps to complete an outfit.