Photo

To those who need help increasing their light level

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

HockeyDad21

HockeyDad21

Forum Colonel

• 1862 posts

I don't mind helping others out get through a mission or the sorts and you probably became friends with me through this forum, which I don't mind. I have a problem with those that decide to automatically join me and add me into a party without asking me first. As a courtesy, please message the person first with whom you would like to play with first and ask. It's very annoying when you're in the Tower or out on patrol doing your thing and then all of a sudden you get that message that x has joined your party and then all of a sudden I get asked if I can help them. 

Just need to get that off my chest and to give newbies a head's up. Most players don't mind helping out but please just ask. Yes, we might say no because there are things we want to do ourselves or we have some other plans, but for the most part we will say yes if you just make a courtesy message and ask.

• Vipertec, mrscorps, EmbraceTheEdge and 5 others like this

DaniArrow

DaniArrow

Forum Commander

• 1209 posts

Yeah, that's true. I have about 50 Destiny players on my friendslist and though they're probably thinking "hey I'll visit Dani" it's akward if people just join the fireteam. Maybe I'm in the shower just sitting in the  corner on Mars. Maybe I'm waiting for friends who I wanted to play Trials with to join me.
I have no problem with any message asking "hey could you help me with this" or "we need one more for a raid, wanna join?" but I'll just boot them if they can't write a quick one liner before joining.

• SantaIsFake likes this

EmbraceTheEdge

EmbraceTheEdge

Forum Captain

• 725 posts

I agree. I don't mind helping either but it can be uncomfortable at times. You can close it though so that no one can join, or do "invitation only" I believe. Sending a message doesn't take very long to do.

Yeah, that's true. I have about 50 Destiny players on my friendslist and though they're probably thinking "hey I'll visit Dani" it's akward if people just join the fireteam. Maybe I'm in the shower just sitting in the  corner on Mars. 

Some one joined on me while I was in the tower. I had my headset off but was running around. For what ever reason I missed that someone had joined and with my headset off I couldn't hear anything. I went AFK and as I came back I saw that a person had "left the fire team". Now, whomever it was, probably thinks I was ignoring them when I wasn't. I was just doing other stuff.

• DaniArrow and SantaIsFake like this

SantaIsFake

SantaIsFake

Forum Lieutenant

• 179 posts

I only have my headset on when I'm in groups. Sometimes my play time is really limited and I'm only going to be online for 10-15 mins so it's a lot easier to let someone know "Hey, I'll be back in 2 hours if you need help with X". Although I'm thinking all the people reading HockeyDad's post aren't the people who just jump in, you never know who we might reach. =) It's a little different for people I play with regularly and we know each other a little better, but it is strange when someone I haven't played with in months jumps right in and thinks I might be ignoring them or ditching them. Puts me in a weird spot and I'd like to think I'm a friendly guy!

That being said, if you do still jump in my group and I don't say anything like JoustChampion said, I'm either not there, or give me a minute I'm fetching my headset!

DaniArrow

DaniArrow

Forum Commander

• 1209 posts

Here's a Little trick though: If someone joins your fireteam, just go to Orbit and start a Rumble match. Usually they're gone from your team in 0,38 seconds. :laugh: