It's just a game.

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Evi1izE

Evi1izE

New Blood

• 7 posts

Dear Destiny Community,

I have been a devoted player to this game since the beginning. However, unlike the majority of you it seems, I don't always have the time and/or fireteam necessary to raid constantly. A big part of that is because a large part of my King's Fall LFG experience has been spent trying to play with completly abnoxious, elitist players who don't tolerate with anyone that is not at the same skill level as themselves in these raids. I HAVE LOGGED PLENTY OF TIME PLAYING DESTINY AND AM A SKILLED PLAYER IN THE GAME. Just because I have been unable to play the raid frequenly enough to know exactly what to do, it doesn't mean I suck at the game. How is anyone supposed to learn or get any better at the raids if the people that already know what to do are only willing to play with each other??? I get so tired of starting a raid with a group and having people immediatly drop out once there is the slightest difficulty of glitch in strategy. We should be hear to teach, learn, and enjoy this great game together. I believe that it is exactly this poor attitude that is killing this game. At the end of the day it REALLY IS JUST A GAME. So people, relax and have a good time at it. Recognize that there is a group of skilled players out there that are capable of being great fellow raiders with the same practice you all have had to get to the high skill level you are at now. 

Thanks, 

Evi1izE

Edited by Evi1izE, 13 December 2015 - 03:20 PM.

• Noles and Lil'Ubo like this

Anklesbane

Anklesbane

Hardcore Casual

• 769 posts

There is a community, albeit small, of people who enjoy teaching new raiders mechanics and helping them through their first completion (myself included when I have time). I think generalizing the entire community like this isn't the most fair thing to say, especially if you're only experience is with LFG sites. When using those it's easy to assume, unless otherwise, that someone joining your group will be on par with most other people's skill level. Yes, people on those sites should be more willing to help new raiders but you can't assume that every group who wants a quick raid will be willing to take the time to teach. That's something which should be planned and coordinated ahead of time. 

Start asking around on forums like these for people to teach you the raid and watch tutorials on YouTube, and before long you'll be on your way to that Oryx kill. It takes work to become a raider, and a lot of that work will come from your ability to learn and be patient while finding a group. I wish you luck!

Evi1izE

Evi1izE

New Blood

• 7 posts

I fully agree. I made that generalization based on the fact the probably 90% of my experiences with LFG have failed because of yelling and poor attitudes from other players. I am fairly well studied on the mechanics of the raid and only really need practice with Oryx because I have had trouble getting a group that far. I don't need a teacher, just repetition to learn and apply the mechanics and strategies effectively. 

Anklesbane

Anklesbane

Hardcore Casual

• 769 posts

Sounds like you need a regular raid team, but those aren't the easiest to come by, especially on an LFG site. Try looking for people here and you might have some luck, but it'll take some patience. 

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 3999 posts

Welcome Guardian !

marckdwesthk

marckdwesthk

Fake Asian Yo

• 740 posts

Welcome to PD guardian.  I do feel your frustrations.  There are a lot of people here willing to help as long as time zones and life permits.  Anklesbane here sherpas people through KF and I do as well as long as like I mentioned before time zones permit.  

Looking forward to hearing more from you :) 

Evi1izE

Evi1izE

New Blood

• 7 posts

I'll have my XBOX ONE on Christmas!!!  

• marckdwesthk likes this

Anklesbane

Anklesbane

Hardcore Casual

• 769 posts

I'll have my XBOX ONE on Christmas!!!  

I might have to try and fit you into a sherpa run, if anyone else is interested that is.

• Evi1izE likes this

marckdwesthk

marckdwesthk

Fake Asian Yo

• 740 posts

I might have to try and fit you into a sherpa run, if anyone else is interested that is.

You know I am always down as long as our times line up hahaha 

• Evi1izE likes this

Evi1izE

Evi1izE

New Blood

• 7 posts

I will be looking to find some new friends when I ditch the 360. Let's connect!

Lil'Ubo

Lil'Ubo

Forum Admiral

• 6634 posts

Welcome and head up Guardian :) This is a friendly, safe place! :)

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4846 posts

Welcome.  

Yes, this is just a game.  Most of us here feel the same way.  There are many here who have no issues taking people through the raids, regardless of experience.  

w00dzs

w00dzs

Forum Lieutenant

• 194 posts

Welcome and head up Guardian :) This is a friendly, safe place! :)

perfect, make them feel at home and safe, then they get Loke'd when least expecting it.

• Lil'Ubo likes this

Lil'Ubo

Lil'Ubo

Forum Admiral

• 6634 posts

perfect, make them feel at home and safe, then they get Loke'd when least expecting it.

shhhhhhh :P

TheStackTrace

TheStackTrace

stackfour

• 1260 posts

Check out the Sherpa reddit site as well, no pressure at all.  My clan hosted several Sherpa teams yesterday, everybody had a good time and made it to the end and mechanics were discussed throughout the raid with no pressure or worries about wipes, etc.  There are others as well that love to help out and pass their knowledge along.  One of the reasons why I initially joined a clan was to have some regular raid events with consistent cool people.  Find a clan you like and join up.

HockeyDad21

HockeyDad21

Forum Colonel

• 1865 posts

I feel for ya. I've been playing Destiny for awhile but I'd call myself an average player. Until over the weekend, I've never been able to attempt King's Fall as I had not been able to group up with anybody - until someone on this forum actually posted an article offering their assistance. Awesome! Although we were only able to complete about 75% of it, I got to know some of the mechanics and hopefully will be able to attempt it again. 

• Lil'Ubo likes this

ThiefofAlways

ThiefofAlways

Recruit

• 25 posts

Your experience in raiding is in my opinion is all to common in multiplayer gaming.  Having a zero tolerance attitude with people who need to practice to understand mechanics and timing is something I saw in WOW a lot.  I was extremely lucky to find someone when I started playing vanilla Destiny who enjoyed helping people regardless of skill level. I'm the type of person regardless of watching something.  That has to do it multiple times to get it . Having someone scream at you or act exasperated only makes the experience of raiding unenjoyable . Not to mention you can start to question if you're any good at doing that particular raid.

Edited by ThiefofAlways, 14 December 2015 - 01:34 PM.

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4846 posts

I would end up being screamed at a lot.  

I thought the mechanics of a raid were to Point and shoot... I guess I had that all wrong...

Lil'Ubo

Lil'Ubo

Forum Admiral

• 6634 posts

I feel for ya. I've been playing Destiny for awhile but I'd call myself an average player. Until over the weekend, I've never been able to attempt King's Fall as I had not been able to group up with anybody - until someone on this forum actually posted an article offering their assistance. Awesome! Although we were only able to complete about 75% of it, I got to know some of the mechanics and hopefully will be able to attempt it again. 

we can definitely give it another go soon :)

ThiefofAlways

ThiefofAlways

Recruit

• 25 posts

I would end up being screamed at a lot.  

I thought the mechanics of a raid were to Point and shoot... I guess I had that all wrong...

What I was referring to is where to go or stand at certain points of a raid. What certain people concentrate fire on or don't. Mechanics such as shooting Implodng Oversoul after someone dies outside the hallway in Crota's End.

• michael6745 likes this

HockeyDad21

HockeyDad21

Forum Colonel

• 1865 posts

we can definitely give it another go soon :)

Sounds great. I'd love to get more experience at it and hopefully do better the next time.

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4846 posts

What I was referring to is where to go or stand at certain points of a raid. What certain people concentrate fire on or don't. Mechanics such as shooting Implodng Oversoul after someone dies outside the hallway in Crota's End

I was trying to be funny.  *fail*

ThiefofAlways

ThiefofAlways

Recruit

• 25 posts

Mistook your meaning. My apologies.

Evi1izE

Evi1izE

New Blood

• 7 posts

Thanks for the great responses. Seems like I'm in the right place. For those of you that might be interested, I'll be starting a new normal KF raid today (w/ challange mode) starting today at around 9:30 am PST. This time is approximate as it hinges on naptime for my son. If anyone is interested, friend me on 360 and I'll send invites when I'm on. It'll be first come, first serve. Have 300 min light and exp in Oryx fight (for challange). See ya on the other side!