Photo

New to Destiny

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Sloth33720

Sloth33720

Forum Sergeant

• 78 posts

Decided to get back into FPS. I don't think I've played one since Halo 2. Still running on a PS3 but might upgrade to a PS4 bundle once I've gone through the original story line. 

• Noles likes this

Lil'Ubo

Lil'Ubo

Forum Admiral

• 6635 posts

Welcome Guardian :)

Anklesbane

Anklesbane

Hardcore Casual

• 769 posts

Welcome to the forums, Guardian! Don't join the PS4 horde! Come to the Xbone side...

Sloth33720

Sloth33720

Forum Sergeant

• 78 posts

Welcome to the forums, Guardian! Don't join the PS4 horde! Come to the Xbone side...

The last platform that I actively played on was an XBox (Halo & Forza mostly) Just bought the PS3 for the sake of needing a dvd/br player at the time and it was cheaper. 

Still open to either platform. I'm assuming that platforms, even PS3 to PS4, don't cross play. Are there more players on Xbox vs PS?

Anklesbane

Anklesbane

Hardcore Casual

• 769 posts

No, not that I know of. It's just a "my side of the fence is better because I said so" kind of thing. The console wars will never die.

HockeyDad21

HockeyDad21

Forum Colonel

• 1865 posts

Welcome Sloth. And I believe the XBOX side is a mob so stick with the PS.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4002 posts

Welcome Guardian !

Janky

Janky

Apprentice

• 37 posts

Welcome! How do you like it so far?

Sloth33720

Sloth33720

Forum Sergeant

• 78 posts

Welcome! How do you like it so far?

So far so good. Getting the feeling of a FPS again is tough. I didn't get through much last night since I had to download all the patches and what-not. Took over an hour. Just shy of level 4 and should be able to get some more play in tonight. Picked up a headset so hopefully I'll be able to find some people to help show me the ropes. 

• Janky likes this

Gopher

Gopher

Recruit

• 22 posts

Welcome Guardian!

marckdwesthk

marckdwesthk

Fake Asian Yo

• 740 posts

Welcome to Planet Destiny guardian! XBoxer bring cookies :D  :Welcome: 2ea0aafc-2942-4134-947f-847c043411ae.jpg

• Anklesbane and HockeyDad21 like this

ClarifyPlease

ClarifyPlease

Forum Captain

• 655 posts

Welcome!

Sloth33720

Sloth33720

Forum Sergeant

• 78 posts

Just thought of something last night - If/when I upgrade from the PS3, will my saved data, guardian levels, items, and such be able to transfer??? I'm 99% sure that they wouldn't if I went with an XB1, but what about from PS3 to PS4. Has anyone tried it? I would hate to pour hours into the game only to have to start all over in a few months or so. 

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4846 posts

Welcome.  Get the PS4.  We have the cookies because the xboxers bring them to us...  :woot:

darkside_fullpic.png

HockeyDad21

HockeyDad21

Forum Colonel

• 1865 posts

Welcome to Planet Destiny guardian! XBoxer bring cookies :D  :Welcome: 2ea0aafc-2942-4134-947f-847c043411ae.jpg

I'll bring the milk. 2% only. 

Anklesbane

Anklesbane

Hardcore Casual

• 769 posts

We keep the chocolate chips to ourselves, but give the oatmeal raisin ones to the ps4 guys. We are cruel to our brethren...

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4846 posts

We keep the chocolate chips to ourselves, but give the oatmeal raisin ones to the ps4 guys. We are cruel to our brethren...

Seriously?  I thought those were soggy chocolate chips. Eww raisins...  Give them to Eris for next year's FoL.

Noles

Noles

Community Manager

• 4247 posts

:Welcome:

Sloth33720

Sloth33720

Forum Sergeant

• 78 posts

Welcome.  Get the PS4.  We have the cookies because the xboxers bring them to us...  :woot:

darkside_fullpic.png

SSSOOOOO many cookies. Seriously, at my work we bake fresh cookies throughout the day for customers. The oven for said Otis Spunkmeyer cookies is located right outside the door to my office area. I smell them ALL. DAY. LONG... 

But even more seriously, if I get a PS4 can I bring my saved data from my PS3 with me????

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4846 posts

SSSOOOOO many cookies. Seriously, at my work we bake fresh cookies throughout the day for customers. The oven for said Otis Spunkmeyer cookies is located right outside the door to my office area. I smell them ALL. DAY. LONG... 

But even more seriously, if I get a PS4 can I bring my saved data from my PS3 with me????

If by "saved data" you asking about your Destiny character, yes.  

Any other saved data I am not sure about.  

Sloth33720

Sloth33720

Forum Sergeant

• 78 posts

If by "saved data" you asking about your Destiny character, yes.  

Any other saved data I am not sure about.  

It looks like if I can bring my saved progress in Destiny with me to a PS4 then I might have to go that route instead of XBone. Or I just get an XBone and just keep playing Destiny on the PS3..... too tough to think about right now. I'm just going to get another cookie. 

HockeyDad21

HockeyDad21

Forum Colonel

• 1865 posts

I usually save the energy and just eat the cookie dough without baking them.

• michael6745 likes this

REACTProtocol

REACTProtocol

Apprentice

• 39 posts

Welcome! Hope you like it!

Sloth33720

Sloth33720

Forum Sergeant

• 78 posts

Haven't posted back in a while, but I will say that I'm enjoying the game. More hooked on the PvE rather than multiplayer. I tried 2 matches in the Crucible and got absolutely annihilated! The second game my average lifespan was about 20 sec. and no matter how many rounds I put into someone their shield bar never budged. I'm not sure if that's just a mechanic of the game based on what weapons I was using or what. 

I've found 2 other guys to play with regularly (only 1 has as mic) and still haven't been able to get the right group together to finish the vault of glass. Right now we're running through strikes which are a lot more fun now that I've leveled up to 39.