Photo

Leaving a Crucible game before it's over

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4846 posts

I know I'm preaching to the choir and I have mentioned this before.  I just have to vent.

I dont care how bad the game is going for you.  IMO, You don't leave a game in progress unless you have a real life family emergency. 

I played two Salvage games yesterday. Both games I had two players leave on me.  And we were actually about to win.  I just needed back up while I deployed my probe.  I'm sitting there, counting the seconds while the probe deploys and with 1 second left I get shot.  Then I notice that my original team was gone, one new guy comes in and I felt bad for him because he had to figure out what was what.  but if I had deployed and won that relic, we could have won the game. 

This was both games. 

Frustration abounds.

Old Trusty Palun

Old Trusty Palun

Trusted Comrade

• 336 posts

Leaving a game is a sign of a shitty player. No decent player ever leaves a match, cause leaving a match is loosing a rank, loosing a rank means lowering in the world rankings, which anyone who cares about pvp, will never do.

I rather take the loss and lose 10% exp than lose 100 and go down a level because i left.

In order to improve really, you need to get a decent team so you can improve on your own while the rest of them team is supporting you.

I was forced to improve when dealing with n00b teams and had to do all the work myself.

• Saikoro likes this

ExoticGuardian

ExoticGuardian

Apprentice

• 39 posts

Yeah I agree the only situation where you should leave a game is,

A) I real life conflict

or

B) You are playing a 6v6 and you are losing by more than like 7,000 points. No matter what you do there is no coming back from that so might as well leave.

or

C) you are in a lobby with a hacker or lag switcher.

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4846 posts

I disagree with B.  One for the reasons that Palun states (ack, did I just agree with him?  :ermm: )

I've only left two games and those were because of lag.  But because of my previous statement, I won't do anymore. I'll just sit down.  LOL.

Old Trusty Palun

Old Trusty Palun

Trusted Comrade

• 336 posts

with the no mercy rule there is no reason to leave due to time. Just take the loss and get the post game rewards.

TheRichPanthers

TheRichPanthers

Forum Lieutenant

• 216 posts

Don't even get me started on this. I HATE when this happens to me, but I hate it even more when it happens to the other team. It feels like you just sucked all of the challenge out of it and it isn't even fun any more.

ExoticGuardian

ExoticGuardian

Apprentice

• 39 posts

Yeah I kind of forgot about the mercy rule.

w00dzs

w00dzs

Forum Lieutenant

• 194 posts

I always stay to the end, even if i get put into a loosing game mid game. I hate people that leave mid game.

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4846 posts

I just realized, when people leave in the middle of a game, it screws those of us who are looking for a game. When they leave, it opens up a slot, that we get placed into, which is normally in a losing game.  Then we get stuck with a loss.

slowdive1967

slowdive1967

Forum Sergeant

• 84 posts

I agree with everything you guys are saying here, its frustrating as hell but there is also another reason why this is happening.

The Crucible related quests. I think players are getting their quest targets done mid game (e.g. x amount of kills in salvage, or sword kills etc), and just leaving the match. Since TTK drop, im finding players quitting mid game much more frequently.

I think bungie need to add a penalty system for crucible (possibly even PvE too for people who leave mid strike?) which gives them a time out for x amount of time where they cant access crucible playlist, say 5 or 10 mins...??

• michael6745 likes this

villagepillage

villagepillage

Forum Sergeant

• 104 posts

lots of bad kids. lol. If they did this though, all the PvE players would complain.

beric78

beric78

Forum Lieutenant

• 154 posts

Yeah I agree the only situation where you should leave a game is,

A) I real life conflict

or

B) You are playing a 6v6 and you are losing by more than like 7,000 points. No matter what you do there is no coming back from that so might as well leave.

or

C) you are in a lobby with a hacker or lag switcher.

I agree with C - I don't play with lag switchers.

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4846 posts

I agree with C - I don't play with lag switchers.

Yeah, LAG sucks. As we all know.  I hit a Titan last night with three shots with my golden gun,  He then kills me, then he dies from my super.

EmbraceTheEdge

EmbraceTheEdge

Forum Captain

• 725 posts

I agree with everything you guys are saying here, its frustrating as hell but there is also another reason why this is happening.

The Crucible related quests. I think players are getting their quest targets done mid game (e.g. x amount of kills in salvage, or sword kills etc), and just leaving the match. Since TTK drop, im finding players quitting mid game much more frequently.

I think bungie need to add a penalty system for crucible (possibly even PvE too for people who leave mid strike?) which gives them a time out for x amount of time where they cant access crucible playlist, say 5 or 10 mins...??

I have to call you out man. Only becaue I was just about to post about seeing PD members with DNF's and hoping they'd chime in. I looked at your control playlist and saw that you have DNF'd 4 of your last 8 games. What is your rationale?

slowdive1967

slowdive1967

Forum Sergeant

• 84 posts

I have to call you out man. Only becaue I was just about to post about seeing PD members with DNF's and hoping they'd chime in. I looked at your control playlist and saw that you have DNF'd 4 of your last 8 games. What is your rationale?

This is true. But the reason is because other players are leaving too so I end up playing a game on my own (e.g. Salvage), nobody else seems to join hence why i dont bother carrying on :(

If your referring to Control, im not sure about that, havent played that since the recent Iron Banner i think so it was probably bad team mates, lag or whatever. Still i dont see why i have to justify all this, my rationale for my other post still stands.

EmbraceTheEdge

EmbraceTheEdge

Forum Captain

• 725 posts

This is true. But the reason is because other players are leaving too so I end up playing a game on my own (e.g. Salvage), nobody else seems to join hence why i dont bother carrying on :(
If your referring to Control, im not sure about that, havent played that since the recent Iron Banner i think so it was probably bad team mates, lag or whatever. Still i dont see why i have to justify all this, my rationale for my other post still stands.

You don't have to justify anything and I agree. I'm on board with your rationale.

I was just curious. It's frustrating when players leave and I never get the chance to ask why. There are plenty of members here who DNF, yet they rarely post in these threads. There was an opportunity to ask someone, so I did.

Saikoro

Saikoro

Forum Captain

• 404 posts

Leaving a game is a sign of a shitty player. No decent player ever leaves a match, cause leaving a match is loosing a rank, loosing a rank means lowering in the world rankings, which anyone who cares about pvp, will never do.

Nailed it. While labeling everyone as a shitty player may be a bit to harsh, you are correct: Good players stick it out regardless. And leaving when on the losing side puts the incoming person at a disadvantage too.

slowdive1967

slowdive1967

Forum Sergeant

• 84 posts

You don't have to justify anything and I agree. I'm on board with your rationale.

I was just curious. It's frustrating when players leave and I never get the chance to ask why. There are plenty of members here who DNF, yet they rarely post in these threads. There was an opportunity to ask someone, so I did.

No worries mate :)

Old Trusty Palun

Old Trusty Palun

Trusted Comrade

• 336 posts

If in order to finish the quest step or bounty, you re required to finish the match, this problem gets solved.

If you get a bonus in rewards for sticking up to multiple matches (like strikes) people leaving also gets solve

If you get a 50% less rewards for your next 3 matches whenever you leave mid match, you are also giving a solution

mTrextn

mTrextn

Forum Sergeant

• 124 posts

When people leave games it is relative to who they have on their team and how they perform. If you have bad teamates you will most likely leave, why I don't know. Even if you could win they go on tilt and just get frustrated to quick

DaniArrow

DaniArrow

Forum Commander

• 1209 posts

I always try to pull through, but when they give you bounties and quests like "win 5 matches" and then spawn you into a team that's already 6000 behind... Or like yesterday, when we played salvage and had 2400 points of which our random matchmaking teammate had made 50(!)...

I wanted to finish the whole second part of the crucible quest you know, that means I had to win 16 games with different weapons in one day, and the last four had to be won in a row without a single loss inbetween. After a few hours you just get pi**ed off when you're spawned into a loosing game or stuck with a bunch of really bad players.