Photo

Crucible Irritations

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

slowdive1967

slowdive1967

Forum Sergeant

• 84 posts

My biggest gripe regarding the crucible has always been the unbalance, and that still applies over 1 year on.

But now i have a new one:

In Control, The flag status in the top left hand corner of the screen all the time.

Am i the only one who finds this really distracting? No matter how many times i play MP i always find myself running to the left side of the map thinking thats where a flag needs to be captured when in fact it usually doesnt. By the time I realise this, im dead and im ususally stuck in the enemy spawn.

And there's more:

the spawns.

Why oh why am i contunually getting spawned in front of enemy players ?? WTF ??

Please tell me im not alone in this bullshit, i feel like Bungie is making me want to hate this game intentionally.

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4818 posts

My biggest irritation with the Crucible is there isn't enough time between matches to go P.

I don't mind the icons on the left screen for the flags. On a rare occasion they'll confuse me. I just stop and look around first. This goes with my whole thing of slowing my game down.

Death spawns do suck. They've happened to me.

Regarding the unbalanced issue. The longer you play the more balanced you'll get. At least in my experience. I was just on a team that dominated. I was 4th on my team with 3400 points 19 kills and 2.43 K/D ratio. The other team's top player was just below me.

Next game they split us up. My team got dominated and I had over 3000 points. The next game after that it was very close. We kept switching leaders every 5 seconds until the match was over. Then I had to go P. Now I have to do it all over again. Oh well, it makes me a better player. I'm still having fun.

Ryka Varad

Ryka Varad

Best Shitposter NA

• 723 posts

Balance? He hehehe... Funny.

Crucible has never been balanced. It was first the reign of Autos and Fusions, then they got nerfed 6 feet under and replaced by HCs and shotguns. Now HCs got nerfed 5 and a half feet under and replaced by pulse rifles and still shotguns.

I swear if I get killed by one more Conspiracy Crutch D or Red Crutch, I'm going to lose it....
  • Breakevenmonkey likes this

Breakevenmonkey

Breakevenmonkey

New Blood

• 6 posts

Shotguns are an issue. Conspiracy-D is a joke. I can't fathom who at bungie thought it would be a good idea to make another shotgun that works at fusion rifle ranges while they're promising to fix that very problem.

The other problem I see is map design. They keep making short to mid range maps with one or two long range lanes. Maps like this favor shotguns and pulse rifles. Pulse rifles are fine for the most part, it's really the maps. I'd also LOVE to see a no exotic crucible playlist. Honestly I think Iron Banner and TOS should be non exotic playlists. It would change things up and force players to think a bit differently.

Lil'Ubo

Lil'Ubo

Forum Admiral

• 6633 posts

Shotguns are an issue. Conspiracy-D is a joke. I can't fathom who at bungie thought it would be a good idea to make another shotgun that works at fusion rifle ranges while they're promising to fix that very problem.

The other problem I see is map design. They keep making short to mid range maps with one or two long range lanes. Maps like this favor shotguns and pulse rifles. Pulse rifles are fine for the most part, it's really the maps. I'd also LOVE to see a no exotic crucible playlist. Honestly I think Iron Banner and TOS should be non exotic playlists. It would change things up and force players to think a bit differently.

you are high if you think that a shotgun can get me at Thesan F44 range. Thesan > any shotty at mid / close range.

Breakevenmonkey

Breakevenmonkey

New Blood

• 6 posts

you are high if you think that a shotgun can get me at Thesan F44 range. Thesan > any shotty at mid / close range.

There are Conspiracy D rolls that compete with it. There's a reason most people are still running around with shotguns.

• Ryka Varad likes this

Lil'Ubo

Lil'Ubo

Forum Admiral

• 6633 posts

There are Conspiracy D rolls that compete with it. There's a reason most people are still running around with shotguns.

i respectfully disagree with you. Perhaps at close range, but mid range a fusion rifle such as the thesan with rangefinder quite effective.

Old Trusty Palun

Old Trusty Palun

Trusted Comrade

• 336 posts

First off, in order to talk balance you have to be top of the card, most of the times, to be able to judge objectively. If you are good with all weapon types, you know which guns need balance and which not.

If you need a clutch, or just plain suck at pvp, you lack the criteria for what is and is not balance.

1. Autorifles were OP, they had longer range than intended, the nerf was stupid since it did't really fix the problem just took the weapon type as a viable option.

2. After this, you could use a pulse rifle just fine, a scout rifle just find, and hand cannons just fine, with shotguns reign supreme at close quarters and snipers obviously at long.

From this meta came several HUGE issues.

A - People abusing thorn dot and TLW glitch 

B- People abusing long range shotguns

C- People abusing final round snipers

So bungie goes and makes another weapon patch.

To me, autorifles are viable again, i see top contenders players going with suros regime, hard light in normal crucible, and a bunch of legendary Y2 autorifles.

Pulse rifles are not OP now, but lack their close quarter rival, that was Handcannons, you can still kill at close range with handcannon, but accuracy is crap, and you are better off with other weapons.

Scout rifles are as good as ever, even better without the long range handcannons.

This would not be happening, if bungie only nerfed the RANGE but not the accuracy of handcannons at close range. 

And probably will lead to a handcannon buff in the future.

Now, shotguns are only an issue if you abuse long range shotguns, those should be removed from the game, just like the 2 burst kills (high impact pulse rifles) were removed and made low impact faster rate of fire.

Normal shotgun users (found verdict, invective, chaperone, strong bow-D) never have a problem with shotgun nerfs, since they use shotgun as they are suppose to. CLOSE RANGE.

Fusions rifel are just fine, if you think otherwise, try a fusion like the susano of warlock, just to name one.

The rest of the guns are just fine.

• Ryka Varad, Duke_Shambles and michael6745 like this

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4818 posts

Nice post.  

I haven't run into any LONG range shot gunners.  Just mid-range kills with one shot.  The rest are just my stupidity shotgun deaths.

It also comes down to accuracy and shot placement.  I've been in a gunfight with my 295 HJ against a 170 Mida. I kept hitting him body shots and he put three rounds to my head.  Guess who lost.

Now, if they could only do something with those Titans.

Lil'Ubo

Lil'Ubo

Forum Admiral

• 6633 posts

I don't believe that shotguns are nearly a problem anymore. Shotgun users are closing the gap to get into range and doing the work. I'm constantly surprised by the effectiveness of scout rifles like the hung jury. And there are pulse rifles everywhere! But sunbreakers are OP... unless you are me lol

StylessNerd

StylessNerd

Apprentice

• 49 posts

I've got no issues with crucible other than Titans not killing themselves when they hit me point blank with a hammer. If the splash damage can kill me; it should at least do a significant amount of damage if not kill you outright.  I can't count how many times I have hit a corner and run into a already activated (I didn't hear the gong) super and kills me while I am literally touching him. That and the amount of hammers they get to toss per super.  MADNESS.

Also, I really don't have an issue with shot guns (even less so now that I have discovered side arms), but I think there should be an indicator that a player is armed with a shotty much like the light on a sniper aiming down site. lol

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4818 posts

I've got no issues with crucible other than Titans not killing themselves when they hit me point blank with a hammer. If the splash damage can kill me; it should at least do a significant amount of damage if not kill you outright.  I can't count how many times I have hit a corner and run into a already activated (I didn't hear the gong) super and kills me while I am literally touching him. That and the amount of hammers they get to toss per super.  MADNESS.

Also, I really don't have an issue with shot guns (even less so now that I have discovered side arms), but I think there should be an indicator that a player is armed with a shotty much like the light on a sniper aiming down site. lol

I've learned to deal with the shotguns during IB.  I stay well enough away.  If they are good enough to sneak up on me and get me on one shot from close range, I'm good with that.  

I do have issues with the supers.  It seems like if you want to use the old supers, you're handicapping yourself.  Especially if you're a hunter.  Ie. Golden Gun only has three shots.  But the new Titan super hammer is like a sun going super nova on the opponents for what seems like an eternity.  The warlock's floaty electrical thingy they just going around frying everything in sight.  The Hunter's new super isn't even close to as powerful as the Titan's and Warlock' new supers.

I have learned that when I hear the CLANG.  I start running and jumping.  Not much I can do when I hear the crackle of the Warlock coming.

Old Trusty Palun

Old Trusty Palun

Trusted Comrade

• 336 posts

I've learned to deal with the shotguns during IB.  I stay well enough away.  If they are good enough to sneak up on me and get me on one shot from close range, I'm good with that.  

I do have issues with the supers.  It seems like if you want to use the old supers, you're handicapping yourself.  Especially if you're a hunter.  Ie. Golden Gun only has three shots.  But the new Titan super hammer is like a sun going super nova on the opponents for what seems like an eternity.  The warlock's floaty electrical thingy they just going around frying everything in sight.  The Hunter's new super isn't even close to as powerful as the Titan's and Warlock' new supers.

I have learned that when I hear the CLANG.  I start running and jumping.  Not much I can do when I hear the crackle of the Warlock coming.

Nightstalker was made because hunter didn't have a PVE class, the other classes did.

Gunslinger/bladedancer are the hunter's main pvp class. And gunslinger has nothing to be ashamed about.

1. It has more range and accuracy than the hammer.

2. It has combustion meaning 1 shot could take out 2-3 opponets

3. It rarely can be dodge, since the shot its instant.

To me Hunter is still the force to be reckon since you can lay trip mines to suprise your opponents, couple of shots and you have a range melee insta kill with the knife, the triple jump makes you a very hard to hit tarjet with the other supers (hammer and thunder)

So to me hunter's are in a very good position

• Ryka Varad and michael6745 like this

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4818 posts

Nightstalker was made because hunter didn't have a PVE class, the other classes did.

Gunslinger/bladedancer are the hunter's main pvp class. And gunslinger has nothing to be ashamed about.

1. It has more range and accuracy than the hammer.

2. It has combustion meaning 1 shot could take out 2-3 opponets

3. It rarely can be dodge, since the shot its instant.

To me Hunter is still the force to be reckon since you can lay trip mines to suprise your opponents, couple of shots and you have a range melee insta kill with the knife, the triple jump makes you a very hard to hit tarjet with the other supers (hammer and thunder)

So to me hunter's are in a very good position

All of which I use.  I like laying a mine in the middle of a path. With my Young Ahamhara's Spine gauntlets, my trip mines last quite awhile and I'll be somewhere on the other side of the map and get the grenade kill notice.  hehee

I just have to learn how to run from a floating warlock.  I've got the Titan mostly figured out.  

wildtxn

wildtxn

Forum Sergeant

• 64 posts

All of which I use.  I like laying a mine in the middle of a path. With my Young Ahamhara's Spine gauntlets, my trip mines last quite awhile and I'll be somewhere on the other side of the map and get the grenade kill notice.  hehee

I just have to learn how to run from a floating warlock.  I've got the Titan mostly figured out.  

Only part to figure out about a warlock is to have your super available.  Shadowshot from a hunter onto a warlock with his super activated De-activates it immediately.

Old Trusty Palun

Old Trusty Palun

Trusted Comrade

• 336 posts

Getting the grenade kill while you are doing something else its awesome, double kills , triple kills, lol

Setting it up on a wall or the  ceiling is your best bet.

Its easy, stay away from the warlock and use sniper, if he is closing in, run away. Titans you can just jump over them, or use maps stuff as platforms

Only part to figure out about a warlock is to have your super available.  Shadowshot from a hunter onto a warlock with his super activated De-activates it immediately.

A normal golden gun will take him out as well.

• michael6745 likes this

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4818 posts

A normal golden gun will take him out as well.

There's nothing more satisfying than golden gunning a warlock/titan right after they pop their super.  They've done it enough to me. d'oh!

Old Trusty Palun

Old Trusty Palun

Trusted Comrade

• 336 posts

There's nothing more satisfying than golden gunning a warlock/titan right after they pop their super.  They've done it enough to me. d'oh!

I like imaginng they are like" FUCK , he took my super god dammit!"

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4818 posts

That's what I'm always saying.

wildtxn

wildtxn

Forum Sergeant

• 64 posts

I actually captured a vid last night of popping around a corner and head-shotting a hunter just as he popped golden gun with my black spindle.  I'll see if I can't post it when I get home.  I'm sure it's under my vid clips of my username on XB1 as well.