A Quick Personal Guide To A Good Fire Team

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

marckdwesthk

marckdwesthk

Fake Asian Yo

• 740 posts

Greetings everyone!  

I have been playing Destiny since the first week of launch.  While I cannot call myself some uber master ultra sherpa, I would like to consider myself a pretty decent fire team member and occasion leader when need be. 

I have had some people play with me over my time playing destiny and have been in many a fire teams (either 3s or 6s).  I would like to share with you some of my personal experiences as to how we can all maximize the effectiveness of your team while having a blast wth the people you are with!

1.  Master your class! - As silly as this may sound, some guardians still have yet to unlock the full potential of their class.  Go into patrol and try new things to see what works best for your class in regards to how you play.  

2.  Know your role - This has a lot to do with the previous point.  The 3 different class have different roles and knowing your role and how you can fit into your fire team will help make things much better for the over all success of your team.  Know what you need to do and what you do best.  If you are a defender, make sure you are on top of your bubble, if you are a stormcaller don't be shy with using your super or grenades when clearing out mobs, if you are a Voidwalker, max out your orb generation and remember your invis nade. 

3,  Communicate! - Communication is key.  If you don't have a functioning mic, find a way to work out via signals as to how to answer simple questions.  For those with mics, there are certain parts of every encounter that you need to be doing some talking, where some parts you can be on auto pilot.  However, communicating is always important if you want to build synergy within your fire team.  The King's Fall raid will absolutely test this.  Remember, don't shy away from calling out supers, check if anyone needs support, focus fire, count downs, etc.  The more you talk the more you will get to know the people you run with. 

4.  Don't be afraid to say "Sorry guys, I don't know" - Don't be shy to admit you don't know an encounter.  Its better that you be honest and tell your team you don't know how to do something than you not say anything and mess something up.  I cannot begin to express how important this is. I wanted to separate this from the communicating part of the tips because I think it more than just a simple act of communication.  Don't feel bad, our Destiny community is largely made up of some really awesome people.  Knowledge is power and using that knowledge you learn from people makes you even more powerful!

5.  Be patient - For people who consider themselves sherpas or leaders, lets be more patient with those that we choose to take with us into encounters.  Face it, we have all had to carry some buddies or "noobs" into encounters (Skolas was a pain in the ballz for this) and many times I had to remind myself that "yes, that was me at one time" so lets be mindful of people.  For those going into encounters for the first time (whither raids or strikes) listen to people and do your very best at what your raid team or fire team is asking of you.  Be patient with yourself as well and don't get frustrated, take a smoke break or a Tower break if you have to.  We are all here to enjoy this game. 

6.  Be friendly! - This community has been absolutely fantastic and I really feel like it sets itself apart.  I will be honest, I do some trash talking and jokes with friends but I'm not mean about it.  I have had a bad experience in Destiny a little back and it was not fun.  I would not want that for any guardian, I mean we are ALL guardians. 

7.  GO HAVE FUN! - Seems right to end this on a 7th point.  We are all here and part of this community because we are all guardians.  Lets just go and have fun.  Lets go and enjoy what we love about this game.  

Feel free to hit me up on XBL, I usually play longer during the weekends starting on Friday night (Friday morning EST).  I also play through out the week but not as long.  

Have fun everyone, happy raiding! 

• Eluv3iti3, SxKxRegulator, Art of War and 11 others like this

Eluv3iti3

Eluv3iti3

Forum Sergeant

• 74 posts

One word: Awesome! :D

Lil'Ubo

Lil'Ubo

Forum Admiral

• 6633 posts

Step 8: Drink and be merry! :)

• marckdwesthk, Art of War and The_Ace_O_Spades like this

Firmentus

Firmentus

Forum Sergeant

• 108 posts

Question: How do I have fun in King's Fall? Watch people fail miserably on the platforms when they disappear? Dance around the fallen Golgor guy after we kill him? Actually I think there's King's Fall platform fail compilations out there.. This interests me a lot

Step 9 cause why not: Rub it in the boss' face when you kill them!

• marckdwesthk likes this

d_brown44

d_brown44

New Blood

• 6 posts

Great advice. Its sad but I've had this game since it game out but I've only done one Raid and that is a interesting story. But I've heard about this site on IGN and hoping to find a fire team to help me be a better player and discover more on Destiny. 

jrgeek

jrgeek

New Blood

• 9 posts

Great advice. Its sad but I've had this game since it game out but I've only done one Raid and that is a interesting story. But I've heard about this site on IGN and hoping to find a fire team to help me be a better player and discover more on Destiny. 

There's a lot of really awesome groups out there.  If you haven't found one already, feel free to hit me up and I'll run one with ya!

• Streety1721 likes this

hyperdistress43

hyperdistress43

New Blood

• 1 posts

This was very helpful but my problem is finding people to play with. I've had a team on xbox 360 but I dont for my xbox one. Do you have much tips for finding people to play with? I've yet to do a raid on xbox one.

Elbows_Of_Doom

Elbows_Of_Doom

Doom Bringer

• 338 posts

This was very helpful but my problem is finding people to play with. I've had a team on xbox 360 but I dont for my xbox one. Do you have much tips for finding people to play with? I've yet to do a raid on xbox one.

I personally met all my team through joining a clan at bungie.net, we've even split off from the original clan and formed our own close knit clan of 10 guradians now. This has always been my top tip for meeting like minded individuals and forging alliances.

You can also meet people through the forums here on PD, there is section called "form your fireteam" http://forums.planet...-your-fireteam/

Also you can try meeting people and organising activities through www.destinyLFG.net and www.the100.io

Hope this helps and you get up and running with a solid team soon, it really is the best way of enjoying the destiny universe.

Landwise22

Landwise22

New Blood

• 1 posts
Great post. I've been playing about 3/4 months now. I travel with my job and can only play weekends (as time allows) I'm not very good but have gotten to a point... I'm ready to try kings fall. Haven't met many people to join a team. Just got a mic... Any advice?

Lil'Ubo

Lil'Ubo

Forum Admiral

• 6633 posts

Great post. I've been playing about 3/4 months now. I travel with my job and can only play weekends (as time allows) I'm not very good but have gotten to a point... I'm ready to try kings fall. Haven't met many people to join a team. Just got a mic... Any advice?

don't be shy. Shoot some friend requests, hop into party chat, meet people do strikes, play pvp, rId, have fun :)

ViaDanchops

ViaDanchops

Recruit

• 20 posts

This post is definitely encouraging, but still... I have yet to find people to do Raids with, therefor I haven't done one since I got the game in April. All of my subclasses and maxed, and I've found my footing for all of them... Yet it isn't enough because I can't acquire better gear by just doing heroic strikes, Prison of Elders, and Crucible.

Streety1721

Streety1721

New Blood

• 6 posts

There's a lot of really awesome groups out there.  If you haven't found one already, feel free to hit me up and I'll run one with ya!

This is actually great news. Been looking for some one to run with who is patient with n00bs will be adding ya'

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 3982 posts

This is actually great news. Been looking for some one to run with who is patient with n00bs will be adding ya'

You do realize that post is 2 yrs old right 

Streety1721

Streety1721

New Blood

• 6 posts

Did that make it not okay to post on the thread

RyRy1973

RyRy1973

New Blood

• 2 posts

i am new here. Hope to meet some fellow guardians to play online with so i can further my progress.

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 3982 posts

i am new here. Hope to meet some fellow guardians to play online with so i can further my progress.

what system r u on ?? that would help !