Photo

How old are most Destiny players?

• Please log in to reply
161 replies to this topic

HockeyDad21

HockeyDad21

Forum Colonel

• 1894 posts

I pre-ordered this game and have been playing ever since. Not as fast as most players and not as good, but at 79 I've slowed down a little. You may ask what is someone of my age doing, playing a game like this. It's fun. I've been in computers since 1965 before most people knew what a computer was. I solo most of the time because I can't give much support in a team situation, but it's still fun.

Wow! I think you have some of us beat 2 or 3 times over. I can only imagine what gaming will be like when I get up there in years. That's awesome Bunny.

dwightfryebrain

dwightfryebrain

Recruit

• 11 posts

OK. Got everybody beat. I'm 53. My son plays and I thought it looked pretty cool so I started one night and I love it. Currently at 296 on hunter and 295 on warlock. Want to get going on a titan. The game is a good way for me unwind from life's stuff. Only thing I hate is the stress that came come from raids when you mess up and screw up the team. Guys who rage quit because others are not up to their standards are the worst. Wish I could find some really chill older dude groups who understand that this is a friggin GAME.  I'm not bad but for whatever damn reason I can't jump worth a crap. Really pisses me off but I guess it is true. Old white men can't jump!

Ditto. I am  almost 48 and a daily player. its a game but can be frustrating.

47 almost 48, daily player but no taken king so I mostly just do PvP right now. A family tragedy has left me kinda poor for the moment so I do what is the most fun which is the crucible for now, and despite the matchmaking issues and outright cheats, I do Love it. Been playing some kind of game since pong and atari though this is my first foray into this kind of online gaming and pvp without splitscreen (think goldeneye nintendo 64) so the learning curve was brutal for me. Just upgraded from ps2 to ps3 when Destiny hit and yes I know I should have gotten the ps4 but as a family guy in a depressed rural area It wasnt in the cards. I am aboutt o quit smoking cigs and start saving for ps4. blah blah blah. thanks.

ironrhombus

ironrhombus

Recruit

• 17 posts

NPCs Nightmare

NPCs Nightmare

Forum Lieutenant

• 177 posts

57 and started with the master system onto the mega drive,psone then went onto the xbox when it first came out and stayed with it

War Machine1247

War Machine1247

Recruit

• 16 posts

Just turned 39 and play everday.  I have a wife, 2 kids, and full time job...so i have to carefully pick my times when i play.  

beric78

beric78

Forum Lieutenant

• 154 posts

my first video game was beyond zork...

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5303 posts

my first video game was beyond zork...

"Our doom is sealed"

Y'Gael turned away from the window overlooking the Great Sea. "The Guildmaster nears the end of his final quest," she said softly. "When he succeeds, for succeed he will, our powers shall cease to be."

• beric78 likes this

Capfrost

Capfrost

New Blood

• 2 posts

The ranges are like 12 - 40 i believe

WrecklesS281

WrecklesS281

Recruit

• 12 posts

I turn 32 next month.

Pajooh

Pajooh

Recruit

• 14 posts

I'm 34. I think anyone born in the 80s or 90s games to some degree even if it's just a casual iphone or smart phone game once in awhile. Just that generation or generations. 

The cool thing about gaming is stupid little moments like playing Mortal Kombat X against your fiance and laughing your ass off, or having your kids play Street Figher and your directions help them learn how to do a hadouken, or them getting thru various PVE stages on Destiny on their own. Kind of awesome seeing them get all excited about things that come natural to us "old timers". Kind of the same reactions I got when I was playing in the arcade many years ago.

Gaming isn't about age to me. I do think that certain groups and certain games gear to certain age groups but beyond that everyone games nowadays or almost everyone. 

I do feel that the newer generation is geared more towards iphone, Ipad, and portable gaming then playing on a system. I could be wrong but thats the vibe I get from casual people aged 5 to 25 or so. So it kind of makes sense that most  moderate to hardcore gamers are 30+ cause we grew up on systems and PC. I feel we prefer more of an "arcade" experience.

IDK I could be wrong just my two worthless cents lol.

FSU Truth

FSU Truth

New Blood

• 4 posts

I'm 35...

As I get older I do think the amount of hours I play games dwindles a little bit...

Still try to play as many games as possible, but most have sat unfinished with about 3/4th of the game complete.

Plumbers Crack

Plumbers Crack

New Blood

• 3 posts

60 this year and loving Destiny still....tried The Division beta but can't get on with third person shooters.

You're only too old when you can't hold the controller anymore!!