Photo

How old are most Destiny players?

• Please log in to reply
161 replies to this topic

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4373 posts

I'm 55 and I play as much as I can especially when I'm not working! And like a few people above said , I'll play with anyone any age as long as they aren't a douche !
  • CQR Deuce likes this

shreddedbullet

shreddedbullet

Recruit

• 16 posts

I'm 18 here and a freshman in college. :)

mavado454

mavado454

Forum Badass

• 1320 posts

I am 31.  It really seems that most of us that really grew up with Genesis and SNES are still playing for the most part.  I know I always liked video games and played sparingly until the original PlayStation came out.  That was what really got me hooked for life!  haha.  

My wife says sometimes that I need to grow up or whatever, but then I tell her she knows where the fucking door is if she don't like it, lol.  That shuts her up for a week or so.  Married guys with kids can have a lot worse habits than playing video games on the weekends if you ask me.

Mrchuckles21

Mrchuckles21

PvP Guru

• 843 posts

21 here!! As long as people are fun to chat with and can have a good time age doesn't matter. Age is only a number. Just like hours played, K.D, how much someone makes, etc. Personality is what makes a person. That's what most people my age don't get unfortunately:/ Also why most of my friends are older than me lol.
  • CQR Deuce likes this

redafro1980

redafro1980

Forum Lieutenant

• 225 posts

If I catch any shit from the wifeypoo, I tell her that I will hang up the video games when she gives up the Ipad/Facebook and DVR house/cooking shows. I'm sure the extra time that I have can be spent playing golf/cards with my drinking buddies. Shuts her up instantly

• Oculusvivatus likes this

w00dzs

w00dzs

Forum Lieutenant

• 194 posts

43 and have been playing games forever.  I also game with my son who is 14.  Its great to have a live in fireteam member, unless homework gets in the way, them mom throws down the hammer of sol. lol

• 666 and Warpman59 like this

Javam

Javam

Apprentice

• 52 posts

43, 3 kids. regular playing window is 10pm-1am (sometimes later when I must just do that one more thing...) as I have to wait until the kids are in bed and my wife is either asleep or otherwise occupied.

Been into gaming since my parents bought me a bat/ball/gun video game console in the late 70's (Hanimex 7771g) followed by a commodore 64 in 1983. 

I play to unwind, stop stressing about work and to get a bit of 'me' time. Don't mind what age other players are as long as they have patience, play a team game and don't quit. Skill is secondary to attitude and I will hang in with anyone who tries hard and learns from their mistakes.

nhrider

nhrider

Forum Sergeant

• 94 posts

HA. Think I have most of you beat. Will be 59 in two weeks. Play almost every day. Wife who is 55 also plays. We each have our own PS4 and flatscreen. I play with a bunch of geezers I found on the100.io . We range from thirties to sixties. I've played with all ages being on the100.io.

Our kids are all grown and moved out so my time is all my own now. 

• 666 and Oculusvivatus like this

iceman84087

iceman84087

Forum Sergeant

• 123 posts

I love this thread. Now I can show my wife proof I'm not the only over 30 gamer out there. lol

• marckdwesthk, the_co_founder and CQR Deuce like this

Lil'Ubo

Lil'Ubo

Forum Admiral

• 6659 posts

I love this thread. Now I can show my wife proof I'm not the only over 30 gamer out there. lol

I'm 27! with years and years of experience!

mrscorps

mrscorps

Forum Major

• 826 posts

30 years of age here. Starting playing VG in my early teens (12 years old) and on a computer. My first console was a fatty PS3; was in uni at the time. Now I have a ps4.

I've gamed with tons of people. My problem is the reason I game is to unwind and basically chill and forget some of the stress. For that reason, I get really put off by stressfull yelling people. Young or Old. Doesn't matter. If people start to boss me around and start to stress over jumps that failled or rockets that blew in my face, it irks me. I've come across tons of gamers around my age who are like that. I'm a pretty funny and chill guy to play with. Thats how I like to take stuff. Its a game. Its not a representation of my value as a person. So who cares if I'm struggling in golgoroth? Its a game... If I wanted to be stressed in my free time I'd pick a 3rd job. No. 2 are enough and my free time is to have fun. Getting bossed around is not fun.

Teens and kids are a bit of a challenge because I can honestly feel the generational gap. They talk about everything plus their mothers and non stop with hiper energy. As a kid I was not that hiper nor was it that outgoing when talking to strangers. For that reason, it can be a challenge to game for 2 or 3 hours in a raid with a group like that. But I've come across pretty cool and chill kids or some that, despite the hiper, thank you for helping out or are ready to help you out as soon as they can.

Its more about the individual than the age or profile of the person.

Twonzor

Twonzor

Recruit

• 10 posts

I'm 24.

But a Marine for 6 1/2 years now.

So that adds a couple more years of wear and tear lol

• marckdwesthk and Saduglypanda like this

EmbraceTheEdge

EmbraceTheEdge

Forum Captain

• 725 posts

My first console was an Intellivision I received for Christmas.

Mr. Badger

Mr. Badger

Badger Thor!

• 1621 posts

I'm 27! with years and years of experience!

Silence amphibian.

michael6745

michael6745

Heroic Member

• 5303 posts

OK. Got everybody beat. I'm 53. My son plays and I thought it looked pretty cool so I started one night and I love it. Currently at 296 on hunter and 295 on warlock. Want to get going on a titan. The game is a good way for me unwind from life's stuff. Only thing I hate is the stress that came come from raids when you mess up and screw up the team. Guys who rage quit because others are not up to their standards are the worst. Wish I could find some really chill older dude groups who understand that this is a friggin GAME.  I'm not bad but for whatever damn reason I can't jump worth a crap. Really pisses me off but I guess it is true. Old white men can't jump!

Yeah!!! I'm not the oldest.... Phew  :woot:

I'm a lone wolf.  I have games where I am high score and other games where I don't even know why I turned the system on.  You wouldn't want me as a Fire Team member.  LOL.  As long as I am entertained I don't care how I play.  (okay, yes, I do want to do well.  But it's not always going to happen)

ObiwanFluffy

ObiwanFluffy

Apprentice

• 56 posts

26 here with a 2yr old tyrant of a son :) . Been playing video games since about 6. Console and PC. Have played with people from all ends of the spectrum. 

Youngest friend on XB1 is around ~14.

Oldest friend on XB1 is like 71 lol

Like everyone above says, age is just a number. People that like to laugh, have a good time :bunny: , learn and win are all that you need. 
Have a good time and winning = pretty much the same thing lol 

Plus, you can drink/smoke and Destiny anytime you want.  :D

CQR Deuce

CQR Deuce

Apprentice

• 46 posts

39 here and play any chance I get at the moment. Thankfully the wife doesnt mind, I know when its time to shut the game off show her some attention as well. I'm pretty laid back and get along with most anyone except for the arrogant know it all types, can't tolerate them.

Edited by CQR Deuce, 06 October 2015 - 02:32 PM.

eschilke68

eschilke68

I am 47 and try to play as much as I can.  I started with pong and now on ps4.

Mat

Mat

Forum Colonel

• 1711 posts

Forever 29.

21 here!! As long as people are fun to chat with and can have a good time age doesn't matter. Age is only a number. Just like hours played, K.D, how much someone makes, etc. Personality is what makes a person. That's what most people my age don't get unfortunately:/ Also why most of my friends are older than me lol.

Chuckles, MILF hunter extraordinaire.

• Lil'Ubo likes this

Lil'Ubo

Lil'Ubo

Forum Admiral

• 6659 posts

Forever 29.

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Now i need to hear these stories! :D

Mrchuckles21

Mrchuckles21

PvP Guru

• 843 posts

Forever 29.

I said friends not GF's... And now lil saw..and now the rumors start lol. You better have a great story to share with me and lil. You know he's gonna be dying to hear.

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Now i need to hear these stories! :D

I also need to hear these stories lol

Mat

Mat

Forum Colonel

• 1711 posts

who said anything about GFs?

Mrchuckles21

Mrchuckles21

PvP Guru

• 843 posts

who said anything about GFs?

That's fair. You said "milfs" lol

Lil'Ubo

Lil'Ubo

Forum Admiral

• 6659 posts

That's fair. You said "milfs" lol

tell us more about your milfs escapades!

R MK XXV

R MK XXV

Forum Colonel

• 1540 posts

<--- Bordering on 40, gamer for +35 years.