Photo

How old are most Destiny players?

• Please log in to reply
161 replies to this topic

desibaba

desibaba

Apprentice

• 43 posts

Im sure at 32 im a senior citizen here. I dont play games as much as I did when I was in my childhood years (Sega Genesis and then the first Sony Playstation). The good thing is now I can afford games. I always wondered if there are a lot of guys my age out there still gaming. My girlfriend gets upset whenever she says me playing saying that Im too old to waste time on non productive things like that. 

• metalman5150, pockman and dwightfryebrain like this

SteezySTi

SteezySTi

Forum Lieutenant

• 350 posts

25 here, but generally I find the older guys hanging out together and the younger children always with eachother. I personally play with ages from 20-40 but that's just because our clan doesn't really recruit immature players. But generally the game seems to hold from ages 14 - 45.

desibaba

desibaba

Apprentice

• 43 posts

25 here, but generally I find the older guys hanging out together and the younger children always with eachother. I personally play with ages from 20-40 but that's just because our clan doesn't really recruit immature players. But generally the game seems to hold from ages 14 - 45.

I wonder if there are any players in their 60s. Im not counting those that just playing once a month with their kids or grandkids but have their own systems. 

Mr. Badger

Mr. Badger

Badger Thor!

• 1621 posts

Same. I play with everyone unless they bring drama. I'm 36 and too old for that shit. I play with some older and some younger. I'm, I think, the 3rd oldest in our clan. The next guy up from me is around 45 and the guy older than him is close to 60 I think. Geezer Squad lol.

• Pbhou and jortat like this

SteezySTi

SteezySTi

Forum Lieutenant

• 350 posts

Same. I play with everyone unless they bring drama. I'm 36 and too old for that shit. I play with some older and some younger. I'm, I think, the 3rd oldest in our clan. The next guy up from me is around 45 and the guy older than him is close to 60 I think. Geezer Squad lol.

Wow, The oldest person I've ran into was 45; we have one member who is 40 but he's a blast to hang out with in chat. Definitely a different atmosphere playing with older folk though.

Mr. Badger

Mr. Badger

Badger Thor!

• 1621 posts

Wow, The oldest person I've ran into was 45; we have one member who is 40 but he's a blast to hang out with in chat. Definitely a different atmosphere playing with older folk though.

Well if you know me at all you know I'm pretty quick witted. Now imagine a whole chat fulll of crazy old people like me. Sometimes I think we're worse than the squeekers lol.

iceman84087

iceman84087

Forum Sergeant

• 123 posts

I'm 37 about to turn 38. I play with a bunch of guys in their 30's. Not uncommon at all.

• metalman5150 likes this

desibaba

desibaba

Apprentice

• 43 posts

Maybe one day we can all have fireteam sessions in a nursing home when we are 75.

• metalman5150, Pbhou, Oculusvivatus and 1 other like this

Lil'Ubo

Lil'Ubo

Forum Admiral

• 6633 posts

GIT OFF MAH LAWN! Rotten Mr. Beaver! *shakes his fist*

• Mr. Badger likes this

Saikoro

Saikoro

Forum Captain

• 404 posts

Im sure at 32 im a senior citizen here. I dont play games as much as I did when I was in my childhood years (Sega Genesis and then the first Sony Playstation). The good thing is now I can afford games. I always wondered if there are a lot of guys my age out there still gaming. My girlfriend gets upset whenever she says me playing saying that Im too old to waste time on non productive things like that. 

At 32 you consider yourself a Senior Citizen?? LOL I'm 34 and play a lot. So while I am a 34 year old boy who extensively enjoys his games, I'm still a responsible adult who has and holds a job, my own studio apartment and responsibilities. But I am single, hence all of my playtime. That helps a bit. Unless if I find a super cool gamer girl. :D

And while I do understand that not everyone will get our gaming hobby. But whenever I read/hear about someone saying things like You're too old and You're wasting your time, I cringe. People who say things like that have their things that they like. Yet we don't say such things like they do.

desibaba

desibaba

Apprentice

• 43 posts

And while I do understand that not everyone will get our gaming hobby. But whenever I read/hear about someone saying things like You're too old and You're wasting your time, I cringe. People who say things like that have their things that they like. Yet we don't say such things like they do.

I tell her that too. She likes to read Fiction books. What do you get out of that either?  :whistling:

Mr. Badger

Mr. Badger

Badger Thor!

• 1621 posts

GIT OFF MAH LAWN! Rotten Mr. Beaver! *shakes his fist*

You're a towel!

michael6745

michael6745

Forum General

• 4823 posts

Thanks for making me feel like an old fart.  48 here...

I've been playing online games since the dial-up days.

My first console was the 1976 Magnavox Odyssey 300

vgmagnavoxodyssey300.jpg

• navidee, pockman and S0ULDIER like this

Saduglypanda

Saduglypanda

Forum Sergeant

• 95 posts

30 here, my normal raid buddies are 29 and 32 I think.  And forget all the haters that say we're too old for that! All three have degrees, salaried jobs and at least a girlfriend, so that doesnt hold water.  We openly have Tuesdays set aside as league night, which is how we look at it.  Great way to keep in touch as we're stretched from L.A. to the midwest after college ended.  Been a great way to keep in touch

metalman5150

metalman5150

Forum Lieutenant

• 255 posts

30 Years Young, over here! 

Most of my crew is in the 26 - 35 bracket. We have a 40-something that rolls with us too!

Collectively we block out Wednesday, for our Raid Night. 

Just the mere notion that six adults can coordinate a night for raiding, around the life's that we live, is incredible. 

ShadowFox9R

ShadowFox9R

Recruit

• 10 posts

29 here. My gaming time is somewhat sporadic currently as my gf & I recently had a child. When he is sleeping though, I'm throwing on the headphones trying to grind. I'll be gaming for as long as I'm able to.

I'm sure most of us have jobs and use the time we get to game to unwind from the day. If you play on PSN, hit me up on ShadowFox9R and we can roll together.

Mecharossman

Mecharossman

Apprentice

• 51 posts

28.  Most of the peeps I roll with are the same.  I know they can hear my baby crying in the background (teething).  I can hear a few babies during raids too.  Don't let anyone tell you you're too old.  

jmorris1974

jmorris1974

Recruit

• 27 posts

Same here. I'm 40 and have six kids. My wife actually likes to watch me play games, not Destiny so much, but other games that have a more fleshed out story to follow.

StinkieWombat

StinkieWombat

Recruit

• 16 posts

37 here been playing NOT from day one.. but with in the first couple of months..  ive been into gaming for about 20+ years!! haha

desibaba

desibaba

Apprentice

• 43 posts

Same here. I'm 40 and have six kids. My wife actually likes to watch me play games, not Destiny so much, but other games that have a more fleshed out story to follow.

6 ? :ohmy:  Id like to see your grocery store bill. I thought I spent a lot when I went food shopping or eating out.

navidee

navidee

Forum Major

• 801 posts

I'm 39 and tend to play with a bunch in their 40s sometimes 50s.

Lil'Ubo

Lil'Ubo

Forum Admiral

• 6633 posts

Who are you people?!?? And Beaver lies! He is only 13 years old!

I'm 27 with years of experience!!!
  • Mr. Badger likes this

The_SlayerSaint

The_SlayerSaint

Forum Lieutenant

• 271 posts

I'm 19, typically play with everyone. Don't care if you're a "squeaker", "senior citizen", or everything in between. As long as you're not a d***, that's rule #1, #2, and #3 lol. 

• navidee and Oculusvivatus like this

navidee

navidee

Forum Major

• 801 posts

I'm 19, typically play with everyone. Don't care if you're a "squeaker", "senior citizen", or everything in between. As long as you're not a d***, that's rule #1, #2, and #3 lol.

so true! I'll play with anyone if they aren't a d***. I've got minimal time to play, don't need to play with those types. Age doesn't really matter if you are fun to play with. I've raided with son/father teams and they are always a blast.

redafro1980

redafro1980

Forum Lieutenant

• 225 posts

OK. Got everybody beat. I'm 53. My son plays and I thought it looked pretty cool so I started one night and I love it. Currently at 296 on hunter and 295 on warlock. Want to get going on a titan. The game is a good way for me unwind from life's stuff. Only thing I hate is the stress that came come from raids when you mess up and screw up the team. Guys who rage quit because others are not up to their standards are the worst. Wish I could find some really chill older dude groups who understand that this is a friggin GAME.  I'm not bad but for whatever damn reason I can't jump worth a crap. Really pisses me off but I guess it is true. Old white men can't jump!

• Mat, 666, kexan and 5 others like this