Photo

Eris Morn [TTK Story Spoilers!]

• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

Lokhe

Lokhe

Bird-powered Viking

• 2495 posts

Ok so what is up with Eris? The final cut scene makes it apparent that she is the "Hidden One" that Mara Sov refers to in the opening battle.

Eris, in turn, refers to Mara as "my queen".

What is it she finds inside Oryx's crumbled blade and what's her relationship with the Awoken Queen? 

Is Eris actually Awoken herself?

• NayeemBD and Goose like this

SteezySTi

SteezySTi

Forum Lieutenant

• 350 posts

Thought that was a bid odd.

Zydron

Zydron

Forum Lieutenant

• 293 posts

Something else is going on with her, I have an eerie feeling she's not quite the benevolent stranger we've all believed her to be. 

• LORD_VADER_2000 likes this

Insolentploebe

Insolentploebe

Forum Major

• 774 posts

I think the element in the crumbling blade constitutes its core and is thus what we'll be using to craft our own. Whether we just use it as a template for ourselves, or it serves a more specific role...will be interesting to find out.

navidee

navidee

Forum Major

• 801 posts

Eris seemed pretty shady at the end. I trust her as much as I trust the speaker.

Mrcookjr

Mrcookjr

Forum Lieutenant

• 220 posts

I think she has good intentions.

Lokhe

Lokhe

Bird-powered Viking

• 2495 posts

Same

Slayeh215

Slayeh215

Apprentice

• 39 posts

I think that she along with the queen and the man mentioned in Queen fragment 2 (Osiris or one of his cult) and possibly others are working independently of the Vanguard as they either don't trust the Traveler and/or have to undertake methods that the City wouldn't like. Presumably because they have an idea of the larger picture whereas the Vanguard is focused on the City. 

• LORD_VADER_2000 and Ak3o_0 like this

Lokhe

Lokhe

Bird-powered Viking

• 2495 posts

I think that she along with the queen and the man mentioned in Queen fragment 2 (Osiris or one of his cult) and possibly others are working independently of the Vanguard as they either don't trust the Traveler and/or have to undertake methods that the City wouldn't like. Presumably because they have an idea of the larger picture whereas the Vanguard is focused on the City. 

The Queen certainly seems to have the larger picture given what she says in the opening cut scene... Damn, this is so exciting!

• Ak3o_0 likes this

ATH3ON

ATH3ON

Forum Commander

• 1203 posts

Ok so what is up with Eris? The final cut scene makes it apparent that she is the "Hidden One" that Mara Sov refers to in the opening battle.

What is it she finds inside Oryx's crumbled blade and what's her relationship with the Awoken Queen?

Did you scan the statues before going into the final fight? One is crota one is oryx and one is an unknown god the ghost has no info on it... Maybe eris's queen ;)

Lokhe

Lokhe

Bird-powered Viking

• 2495 posts

Did you scan the statues before going into the final fight? One is crota one is oryx and one is an unknown god the ghost has no info on it... Maybe eris's queen ;)

I didn't catch the fact that one was Crota and one was Oryx tbh. Thought they were just generic Hive. Pretty sure the queen she is referring to though is Mara Sov.

ATH3ON

ATH3ON

Forum Commander

• 1203 posts

I didn't catch the fact that one was Crota and one was Oryx tbh. Thought they were just generic Hive. Pretty sure the queen she is referring to though is Mara Sov.

Yeah you could scan them with the ghost the one just though the door represents oryx the outside right was crota and the outside left was an unknown god they didn't have records on or something according to the ghost, my ghost didn't say it but my friend said it was his said it was female so that's why when she spoke about a queen after the fight I was like ooooooo maybe. This is destiny there will always be more questions then answers :)

Lokhe

Lokhe

Bird-powered Viking

• 2495 posts

Yeah you could scan them with the ghost the one just though the door represents oryx the outside right was crota and the outside left was an unknown god they didn't have records on or something according to the ghost, my ghost didn't say it but my friend said it was his said it was female so that's why when she spoke about a queen after the fight I was like ooooooo maybe. This is destiny there will always be more questions then answers :)

Hmmm. Could there be more statues? It could possibly be Savathûn or Xivu Arath. But if one was Crota then perhaps the other was one of Oryx's daughters. I always look for symmetry in these things and the obvious suspect is the Mother of course.

Form Verse 4:6 - Eater of Hope:

"You are Crota, my son. Welcome.

I fought my way out of hell to make you. I fought my traitor siblings and I fought the swarming corpse of Akka and I cut my way back into my own court, the High War, which had been usurped. Once I had made war on Savathûn, and crippled her tribute so that she could never challenge me, and once I had tricked Xivu Arath, and poisoned her tribute so that she could never again try to take my tablets, and once I had arranged my own lineages so that I would be greatest among the Hive and secure on my throne — then I found a mother to make spawn.

One of those spawn was you."

It is never revealed who the Mother is. Unknown, female Hive... she fits the bill I'd say :)

• Goose likes this

Goose

Goose

Forum Lieutenant

• 213 posts

seriously what is going on?

Lokhe

Lokhe

Bird-powered Viking

• 2495 posts

seriously what is going on?

Just watched the cut scene again. Eris says "I have accepted my fate". I wonder what she's talking about hmm...

• Goose and Ak3o_0 like this

Lil'Ubo

Lil'Ubo

Forum Admiral

• 6659 posts

Just watched the cut scene again. Eris says "I have accepted my fate". I wonder what she's talking about hmm...

Eris was corrupted during her time under the moon... by what? Darkness? Whose darkness? There are many hive factions and a lot of infighting...

Lokhe

Lokhe

Bird-powered Viking

• 2495 posts

Eris was corrupted during her time under the moon... by what? Darkness? Whose darkness? There are many hive factions and a lot of infighting...

The only infighting happening is between Oryx and his siblings. Which isn't real fighting per se but simply a form of tempering. Making them an ever stronger existence. 

Lil'Ubo

Lil'Ubo

Forum Admiral

• 6659 posts

The only infighting happening is between Oryx and his siblings. Which isn't real fighting per se but simply a form of tempering. Making them an ever stronger existence.

that isn't what i recall from the Sunless Cell strike..

Lokhe

Lokhe

Bird-powered Viking

• 2495 posts

that isn't what i recall from the Sunless Cell strike..

Then you know more than me :) I haven't done it yet. Let me get back to you ;)

• Ak3o_0 likes this

Lil'Ubo

Lil'Ubo

Forum Admiral

• 6659 posts

i don't. I think she is an agent for someone else... similar to Xur... there is another player in the game...
  • LORD_VADER_2000 likes this

Goose

Goose

Forum Lieutenant

• 213 posts

I think i t sounds like she is corrupted by one of oryx sisters... it would be a very big stretch to connect her to Mara Sov.

• Art of War likes this

Lokhe

Lokhe

Bird-powered Viking

• 2495 posts

I think i t sounds like she is corrupted by one of oryx sisters... it would be a very big stretch to connect her to Mara Sov.

"You and I know how this ends. We've known since you escaped from that... pit [Luna].

The Awoken have played their part. This... was all part of the plan. Guide them [Guardian + Vanguard] my Hidden [Eris] friend...

it is all up to you now."

-Mara Sov

"My queen... you were right. The Guardian was the key. For the first time the whispers are silent. It is done. 

I have accepted my fate. I will not fail."

-Eris Morn

Not saying it's 100% sure but I wouldn't call it a stretch :P Ofc, since it is very obvious it could all be a ruse. It could very well be that she is in cahoots with Savathûn or Xivu Arath, conspiring to usurp the reign of Oryx.

• Goose likes this

Ryka Varad

Ryka Varad

Best Shitposter NA

• 723 posts

Eris is bae, don't you *****s be dissin her

Lil'Ubo

Lil'Ubo

Forum Admiral

• 6659 posts

Sounds like Uldren (brother) survived... there is a grimoire card that suggests it...

Eris is bae, don't you ****as be dissin her

'bae' is not a word. I hate that damn word. Speak proper English!!!

Eris is two or three timing us!

Lokhe

Lokhe

Bird-powered Viking

• 2495 posts

Eris is bae, don't you *****s be dissin her

Is it the lips? ;)