Photo

How do you use DestinyLFG?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

RobG

RobG

Apprentice

• 41 posts

Yeah I know the question sounds stupid, but bear with me.

I've used the LFG site several times.  I'm just not sure I'm doing it right.  So before I call it a pain in the ass to use, I thought I'd check and see if I'm missing something.

Basically, I go there and put in my info about what I'm looking for (e.g. 2 people to join me for NIghtfall).  I then List My Group or whatever it's called.  It then shows the two opens lots, which will occasionally fill with somebody.

So once this happens, is there a simple way to accept these people and add them as friends or invite them to your Fireteam?  I end up going to my PS4 and doing a search for their name, then sending a friend request, waiting, etc, etc.  Basically it ends up taking about a half hour to assemble a team because people come and go, find other groups, etc, etc.

It just seems like there's gotta be an easier way to do this...

Thanks!

mcshivers

mcshivers

Forum Captain

• 631 posts

Not really, you pretty much hit all the points.

You post your guardian and pick an activity that you need help with (i.e. Vault of Glass Fresh Hard Mode, or Trials of Osiris, etc) then you wait for people to message you.

Or you find someone who needs help with an event and message them on PSN, add them to friends or whatever you like and go from there.

If you have a smartphone you can always use LFG on your phone while still playing instead of having to jump back and forth between PC and PS4.

TheStackTrace

TheStackTrace

stackfour

• 1260 posts

That is pretty much it, which is why you often times see people post things like 'add me and join', so they can start the event and do not have to go through the pain of searching, sending a FR, then the invites, etc.

RobG

RobG

Apprentice

• 41 posts

Thanks!  BTW, what is a Sherpa?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Any: