Photo

confused on how to get required material for xur gear

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

DragonHunter3176

DragonHunter3176

Recruit

• 23 posts

Hi i am a lvl 25 hunter on the xbox. I hav a legendary helmet but the rest is rare. Question is how do i get special material ex. Crest of alpha lupi to be able to buy the actual armor
I have the exotic shard and almost enough money cubes but it says i need for the last word handcannon i need the last word. For the third man helmet i need the third man and for alpha lupi i need alpha lupi. Is this obtained thru crucible or must i find an exotic engram whih seems very hard

ReuboniusMax

ReuboniusMax

Professional Cat Herder

• 340 posts

Those are upgrades to weapons and armor to bring them up to the post DLC defense and attack levels. To buy armor and weapons from Xur, you need strange coins. Or Motes of Light to buy the exotic engrams.
In other words when you are looking at Xur's inventory, the first row of items is those you can purchase with strange coins, or in the case of the exotic engram motes of light. The next two rows below that are for upgrades.

DragonHunter3176

DragonHunter3176

Recruit

• 23 posts

Dang well i mssed up an bought a shard
Thanks
So what format u play on
So besides creating 3 guys for weekly raid is there a way to get exotic gear

the_co_founder

the_co_founder

Forum Captain

• 528 posts

Dang well i mssed up an bought a shard

Just a minor slip up.  Hold on to that shard as it will be needed later to max out one of your many exotics you will get!

DragonHunter3176

DragonHunter3176

Recruit

• 23 posts

Cool but iv been tryin for bout two weeks on crucible an weekly for better gear but iv gotten no where
Well im gettin on destiny rn if anyone has xbox an is playin it tell me if u want bc i hav two friends with the gsme so i kinds need more

ReuboniusMax

ReuboniusMax

Professional Cat Herder

• 340 posts

The best way to get your levels up is to buy armor from the vanguard or crucible vendors. To do that you need to rank up by running bounties, and run strikes to earn marks which you can then use to by armor. Once you have your level up to 28 or 29, you can start to run the Nightfall strikes where your chances of earning legendary or exotic gear is much better.

Crucible has a poor payout for gear so unless you really like PvP, I wouldn't count on getting good gear there.

Other than that it's all down to how much luck you have with the RNG loot system this game is built on.

DragonHunter3176

DragonHunter3176

Recruit

• 23 posts

Thanks guys i really wasnt sure how pd would work out but u guys rock hope to talk more but rn iv gotta sleep
Ik im gonna stay round. Hope to b part of pd family

the_co_founder

the_co_founder

Forum Captain

• 528 posts

Roc Strikes alllllllllllll day

Kusa

Kusa

New Blood

• 4 posts

its just a matter of time to get all the goodies,i have never played a raid and still got almost all exotic weapons

waiting for the last 4 guns :)

MrMaGiK86

MrMaGiK86

Forum Lieutenant

• 353 posts

its just a matter of time to get all the goodies,i have never played a raid and still got almost all exotic weapons
waiting for the last 4 guns :)

Me to!dont have time to raid so i bought my exotics from Xur,drops from nightfall and exotic bounties! Keep doing weeklys and nightfalls, you will get there;)
  • DragonHunter3176 likes this

DragonHunter3176

DragonHunter3176

Recruit

• 23 posts

Anyone play xbox
If u dont wanna join me thats cool
But a lil info
I am 13 yes ahh lil kid. I am capt of soccer team straight A student an my all time fav games are
Skyrim (#1 fav ) bioshock minecraft destiny and terraria
Oh and i hav only a hunter lvl 25 and dun dun dun my name is Hunter

Noles

Noles

Community Manager

• 4247 posts

:Welcome:

Check out this guide: http://planetdestiny...game-materials/

Lil'Ubo

Lil'Ubo

Forum Admiral

• 6635 posts

Bah.. this isn't a welcome thread! Now I'm confused!

DragonHunter3176

DragonHunter3176

Recruit

• 23 posts

Thanks that helped me learn a bit
I will test that now

FauxFive362955

FauxFive362955

Forum Sergeant

• 109 posts

I was stuck there too a while back, came here and got the same advice, ROC strikes!!  Run them, things will drop!

Also with matchmaking for weekly heroic strike you can earn 3+ strange coins, plus shot at other drops each week.

DragonHunter3176

DragonHunter3176

Recruit

• 23 posts

Where do i find people to play with
I want to do vault of glass but
1) its confusing
2) hard alone
So if anyone wants to join me ask here

MrMaGiK86

MrMaGiK86

Forum Lieutenant

• 353 posts

You could always try lfg;) works awesome! Or make an topic in "form your fireteam"

Saikoro

Saikoro

Forum Captain

• 404 posts

Where do i find people to play with
I want to do vault of glass but
1) its confusing
2) hard alone
So if anyone wants to join me ask here

It's not hard. You're just not used to it. I was mortified when I first played Vault of Glass. Now, it's essentially a routine. Hard Mode is a huge challenge, but it's only difficult if your Fireteam isn't on the same page. I feel it's better to play Hard Mode with your regular fireteam as PUGing is best left to Normal Mode.

The Vault is actually quite simple:

Section One: Keep the Vex from standing on plates. Very similar to Vex Sacrifices Public Event, but now with 3 sync plates instead of Confluxes. This opens the door up after about three minutes of defending if you could keep those pesky Minotaurs off of them.

Section Two: Confluxes. But this time, you have to defend One, then Two, then Three. Each of these confluxes has you shooting off mobs of Vex, and some of them are called Fanatics.

Section Three: Oracles. Shoot up to seven waves of them. Each wave has a predetermined pattern.

Section Four: Destroy the Templar. One Person wields a Relic that can lower the Templar's Shield, allowing for the Fireteam to do damage. You have to shoot Oracles here too; up to two at a time.

Section Five: The Gorgon's Maze. It's actually quite simple once you learn the Gorgon's paths. It's a lot like Metal Gear Solid's patrol routes you see Guards follow. Lots of fun!! Once you clear the Maze, you get to...

Section Six: The Jumping Puzzle. Totally awesome and also fun, which then leads to the entrance to the Vault of Glass itself, where you...

Section Seven: Kill the Gatekeeper. He's your only target amongst a horde of Vex Majors/Ultras.

Section Eight: Open up two Sync Plates (Mars and Venus) that allow you to get relics within them, which upon acquiring both leads to defending one last Conflux. This leads to:

Section Nine: Kill Atheon. This involves 3 People who get randomly teleported to aforementioned Mars or Venus, allowing them to obtain the relic to damage Atheon. The teleoprted people also have to worry about seven Oracles that spawn in to where they are teleported to (Always in the same order). The three people outside have to keep a portal open (for the side that the other three are on; Mars or Venus) to allow for the Relic holder to pass through, where he then runs to the middle of the stage. That person then holds a shield up via the relic, thus protecting everyone as they damage Atheon from inside. You repeat this last step/section until you down him.

There's a few small details I left out, like cleansing, supplicants, green goo, and containment bubbles (Bubbles are on hard mode only), but this is the gist of it. I'd highly recommend using Reddit's threads as well as Youtube videos for strategies.

Apologies... I've been editing this thing for like 10 minutes for clarity!! :D

• MrMaGiK86 likes this

DragonHunter3176

DragonHunter3176

Recruit

• 23 posts

Thanks
Im lvl 25 but still new to alot

Saikoro

Saikoro

Forum Captain

• 404 posts

Thanks
Im lvl 25 but still new to alot

No problem. If it weren't for my friends who were into it hardcore when I started playing in November, I would have been completely lost. And you have definitely come to the right place to ask questions; there's a lot of people on here who could assist you. I'll definitely do my best to help out as much as I can as well.

To your currency question above, it could be summarized like this:

Planetary Materials (Spinmetal, Helium Filaments, Spirit Bloom and Relic Iron) are general currencies used to level up Weapons and Armour, regardless of type (Legendary, Exotic, whatever) and where it's obtained.

Ascendant Shards level up Legendary Armour and Vault of Glass Armour.

Ascendant Energies level up Legendary Weapons, as well as Vault of Glass Weapons.

Radiant Shards level up Crota's Raid Armour, which is essentially Legendary Armour.

Radiant Energies level up Crota's Weapon set, like Fang of Ir Yut and Word of Crota.

Motes of Light help re-roll Iron Banner weapons once you purchase them, or for purchasing stuff from the Speaker, or from purchasing Exotic Engrams from Xur. You get Motes upon leveling your character up after you reach level 20. You could see your progress by moving your cursor over your level 20 number when in the pause/character menu.

DragonHunter3176

DragonHunter3176

Recruit

• 23 posts

Yeh il b on here alot
My friend told me if u wait an turn all bounties in at once u hav a chance to get an exotic engram
Is this true

Saikoro

Saikoro

Forum Captain

• 404 posts

Yeh il b on here alot
My friend told me if u wait an turn all bounties in at once u hav a chance to get an exotic engram
Is this true

No. Exotic bounties are random. And the more bounties you turn in, the better a chance you'll have to earn one. Bounties' sole purpose is to help level up your gear faster since they give XP. Eliminate Target Bounties are 5,000XP and basic ones, like Patrol Venus or melee kill 20 enemies, give you 2,500. Eris' Bounties give out 3,750 and 5,000XP, so it's definitely worth ranking her up (On top of the stuff she sells). Bounties also give out reputation towards the Vanguard or whatever faction item you're wearing. Titans have the Mark, Hunters have the Cloak and Warlocks have the Bond. So if you're wearing a basic class item you got from the Quartermaster section of the TOwer, or a class item from the Speaker, you get Vanguard rep that once you max a level out, you get a package from the postmaster. That package can contain lots of stuff, like weapons, armour on top of commendations. You use commendations to purchase weapons from the tower.

If you're wearing, say, a Future War Cult class item, the rep that the Vanguard would get now goes towards Future War Cult. It's the same thing as the Vanguard, but now you have a chance to get stuff that factions specifically offer, like ultra rare shaders, ships, and cool weapons and armour pieces.

DragonHunter3176

DragonHunter3176

Recruit

• 23 posts

Cool haha iv asked alot
Uv guys/girls hav helped me
Maybe il get all exotics one day

Saikoro

Saikoro

Forum Captain

• 404 posts

Cool haha iv asked alot
Uv guys/girls hav helped me

No problem. Ask away too, because Destiny is loaded with scads of information you pretty much have to figure out on your own. So to have people helping you out clears up a lot of questions that you may have.

And best wishes to your Exotic Collection. It took me about 820 hours to get everything; Gjallarhorn dropped for me right at about 795 on April Fools day at the top of the month. If you play your cards just right, you'll have what you seek. :D

DragonHunter3176

DragonHunter3176

Recruit

• 23 posts

Haha thats cool. Im tryin to get more destiny 360 friends. Figure thatd help