Photo

crucible tournoments?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

obumbrataunum

obumbrataunum

New Blood

• 6 posts

what are you guys thougts on rules for competitive crucible play My clan prefers banning pocket infinity, oneshot snipers and supers and heavy what about you?

TRU KILLER 787

TRU KILLER 787

Forum Lieutenant

• 254 posts

Do they want coffee and donuts with that...

Alek22

Alek22

Recruit

• 17 posts

So, i'm going to assume:

1) You and your clanmates get killed with those things a lot.  
2) You and your clanmates don't own Pocket Infinity or "one shot snipers".  

Seriously, though, not the greatest of ideas....  

Pocket Infinity doesn't kick as much ass as it used to.  The recent patch has nerfed it a bit, and shotguns rule supreme in Crucible, now.  As far as banning supers and heavy ammo.... Really??  C'mon!  Those are the fun things to blast other Guardians with!

Mykle

Mykle

Forum Colonel

• 1871 posts
How do you even play "tournaments?"

Shleeepy Head

Shleeepy Head

Fringe Fanatic

• 718 posts

We could potentially use a thread to organize team battles, and then all join the queue at once?
it would be cool though.

Q-min4t0r

Q-min4t0r

Forum Lieutenant

• 184 posts

Rumor has it that Bungie might introduce private matches whenever they decide to release Destiny 2. By then it will get a lot easier to organize tournaments. Might just be rumors, though...

• Netierras likes this

xRed0ctobeRx

xRed0ctobeRx

Envious

• 351 posts

what are you guys thougts on rules for competitive crucible play My clan prefers banning pocket infinity, oneshot snipers and supers and heavy what about you?

First off what is this "oneshot" sniper you speak of? As far as I know there is not ONE sniper rifle that will one shot without it being a headshot. And I am sorry, if oyu get a headshot with a sniper rifle...guess what you should die.

As far as the other stuff, I have no problem with HEavy dropping or using fusion rifles, because I know how to play to make them useless for other players. Learn how to play Crucible and those things won't matter.

• Alek22 likes this

obumbrataunum

obumbrataunum

New Blood

• 6 posts

ok to reply to everyone here My clan happens to be invigorate the "one shot snipers" are efrideets spear with final round or any green sniper with the same impact and final round" we all have pocket infinity as we re one of the most deidcated clans in destiny and choose to outlaw those to show our skills better than our guns

also 

First off what is this "oneshot" sniper you speak of? As far as I know there is not ONE sniper rifle that will one shot without it being a headshot. And I am sorry, if oyu get a headshot with a sniper rifle...guess what you should die.

As far as the other stuff, I have no problem with HEavy dropping or using fusion rifles, because I know how to play to make them useless for other players. Learn how to play Crucible and those things won't matter.

coming from someone with a 1.21 kd i dont think you should talk about being good at crucible

another reason we cant have oneshot snipers is that when the people you are playing with dont suck and literally never miss a sniper shot just sometimes the head having them always oneshot you is incredibly unfair so we ban them 

Edited by obumbrataunum, 14 March 2015 - 02:45 PM.

Shleeepy Head

Shleeepy Head

Fringe Fanatic

• 718 posts

Spear's are cheap ya, but I don't think they demonstrate a lack of skill, but more of lack of experience. The Spears usually have only 3 shots, and if they're wasting ammo to final round you at least they're not getting a triple or double with it. There is no way you can tell someone "speared" you anyway, so I just got over it. 

It's not as fun as spamming Prudence or Revenge snipes.

xRed0ctobeRx

xRed0ctobeRx

Envious

• 351 posts

ok to reply to everyone here My clan happens to be invigorate the "one shot snipers" are efrideets spear with final round or any green sniper with the same impact and final round" we all have pocket infinity as we re one of the most deidcated clans in destiny and choose to outlaw those to show our skills better than our guns

also 

coming from someone with a 1.21 kd i dont think you should talk about being good at crucible

another reason we cant have oneshot snipers is that when the people you are playing with dont suck and literally never miss a sniper shot just sometimes the head having them always oneshot you is incredibly unfair so we ban them 

Oh my KD is 1.21, yet you are 1.3? 

Dude get over yourself. 

Alek22

Alek22

Recruit

• 17 posts

also 

I'll echo what RedOctober said.  Get over yourself.  Firstly, your K/D is meaningless.  Seriously.  Camping in a corner to get more kills than deaths doesn't make you good.  It's a game.  You're supposed to have fun.

Also, "outlawing" guns doesn't make people respect you.  It does not make you "better".  No one cares what guns you use.  You're just limiting yourself by not using what guns are available to you.  

Berserkquatch

Berserkquatch

Inside Joke Historian

• 369 posts

Coolguy/troll 12 yr old is troll....

Seriously though, The best PvP'ers are going to be using the best weapons.... like Alek22 said, why limit yourself?

• Alek22 likes this

Q-min4t0r

Q-min4t0r

Forum Lieutenant

• 184 posts

also 

Just to be fair a K/D of 1.3 isn't that much better than 1.21... Having a great K/D in Destiny really doesn't mean that much since the crucible is much more of a team effort.

Playing as a lone wolf may only benefit the team if you're very good at it, else it might just get the rest of your team killed. And even if you have a great score and a great K/D at the end it doesn't necessarily mean your team gets the victory, which is way more important imo.
  • Alek22 likes this

obumbrataunum

obumbrataunum

New Blood

• 6 posts

i was just making this post to see you guys thoughts not to start any hate... and i was just pointing out that him calling me bad at the game wasnt sensible we just outlaw them because we think its more fun to play without them gosh....

Edited by obumbrataunum, 16 March 2015 - 06:27 PM.

rjv

rjv

Recruit

• 29 posts

How do you even play "tournaments?"

Well if he could spell tournaments then maybe he could play them correctly
  • xRed0ctobeRx and Alek22 like this

Q-min4t0r

Q-min4t0r

Forum Lieutenant

• 184 posts

Don't blame him on his spelling, dude. Be nice  :thumbsup: 

Not everybody is from an english-speaking country.

rjv

rjv

Recruit

• 29 posts

Don't blame him on his spelling, dude. Be nice :thumbsup:

Not everybody is from an english-speaking country.

Point taken

Hunter_4life

Hunter_4life

Forum Captain

• 492 posts

Id be all for Tournaments. But banning weapons and even heavy ammo/supers is a bit extra, you'd have those things in any typical game of crucible why remove them now?
  • xRed0ctobeRx likes this

Mykle

Mykle

Forum Colonel

• 1871 posts

I did correct his spelling but my point was that it's impossible without custom games. Also, be nice.

I don't really play crucible but I'd rather use whatever is comfortable than follow arbitrary rules.