New but all alone

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Lokhe

Lokhe

Bird-powered Viking

• 2495 posts

Hey!

I'm new, do I need to say that here? No? OK then! I've only been playing for about a week but you get to the endgame pretty fast so now I'm looking for some new friends! Been listening a bit to the podcast and it sounds like a nice community :)

I started out with a Hunter, got my first piece of vanguard legendary armor and thought to myself that I'm not spending all this time to look like shit :C I'm now rocking a fancy bathrobe and it's all good!

I really wanna do the raids and stuff but I don't know anyone who plays this, hence me being here! I checked out the LFG thing but I think I need to get a few more levels before I'm useful for anything (currently at 24) Is there another forum on here for picking up some fireteam buddies?

I'm a laid back, talkative 24-year old from Sweden who knows how to pronounce Gjallarhorn, am I doing it right?

Hoping to spend some quality time with you guys in the future!

Cheers :)

• Noles and SuplientGamer like this

TRU KILLER 787

TRU KILLER 787

Forum Lieutenant

• 254 posts

Welcome to pd!
  • SuplientGamer likes this

Lil'Ubo

Lil'Ubo

Forum Admiral

• 6635 posts

Welcome Guardian! :) :dinklebot:

Badgerstate36

Badgerstate36

Forum Commander

• 1102 posts

Welcome to PD!

BadBoyBilly42582

BadBoyBilly42582

Forum Lieutenant

• 181 posts

Welcome.  I had the same problem when I first started playing.  As a 24, you won't be able to raid until you are 26.  Here's some great sites for finding people to raid with once you are capable.

http://lfg.planetdestiny.com/

http://www.destinylfg.com

http://www.destinylfg.net

http://www.the100.io

My personal favorites are destinylfg.com and the100.io.

Lokhe

Lokhe

Bird-powered Viking

• 2495 posts

Thanks :) Though I thought this was the place to find people. Tried the LFG Forum but it only redirects to the LFG Beta? :)

Casebeezy

Casebeezy

Forum Lieutenant

• 178 posts

I'd be more than happy to help you out, but im on xbox. Check out the Guardians of the Abyss clan page...we have a few members that are PSN dudes. All laid back dudes and willing to help out whenever we can.

Lokhe

Lokhe

Bird-powered Viking

• 2495 posts

Nice, I will :-) What time zone are you guys in btw?

monoxstereo

monoxstereo

Recruit

• 26 posts

If you're on PS4, add me! I'll help you level up to get to raids any time I'm on. 

Omni-Toast

Omni-Toast

Omnipotent Toast

• 79 posts

nice to meet ya and welcome to the forum :D

Vipertec

Vipertec

Forum General

• 4002 posts

Welcome Guardian !

Eluv3iti3

Eluv3iti3

Forum Sergeant

• 74 posts

Welcome!

I would like to help you, but I'm on the xbox :/

Hope you will soon find friends ;)

Noles

Noles

Community Manager

• 4247 posts

Hey there, thanks for joining! 

I've tried to make it easy to add people by having all of the Gamertags next to people's posts, so once you get to know someone, you can add them that way. 

Our LFG is how I would prefer people to meet, and if you've got any suggestions or feedback for it, let me know. 

Obviously the more people who use it, the better it'll be. 

Lokhe

Lokhe

Bird-powered Viking

• 2495 posts

That's great actually, Noles. I'm gonna try out the LFG a bit when I'm a bit more useful (read higher level).

Really like the Tower shout box!

I'm very new to this game but I'm delighted to find such a nice community behind it, and good people like yourself who manage it all ;)

Q-min4t0r

Q-min4t0r

Forum Lieutenant

• 184 posts

Welcome to the forums, Guardian!  :Welcome:

You're pronouncing the Gjallarhorn wrong  :woot: LOL  :woot: 

Anyway, good to see scandinavian people on the forums.

I'm from Denmark. I guess we can understand each other without speaking english.

Feel free to add me if you're on PS4 : Q-min4t0r 

Lokhe

Lokhe

Bird-powered Viking

• 2495 posts

Welcome to the forums, Guardian!  :Welcome:

You're pronouncing the Gjallarhorn wrong  :woot: LOL  :woot: 

Anyway, good to see scandinavian people on the forums.

I'm from Denmark. I guess we can understand each other without speaking english.

Feel free to add me if you're on PS4 : Q-min4t0r 

Nice, I'd love more Scandies to play with. I'm warning you though, I could not understand Danish to save my life. You might understand me but if we played, you would have to speak english mate x)

• Cheesecake likes this

Cheesecake

Cheesecake

Marksman

• 377 posts

Welcome ^_^

baddbare

baddbare

Forum Lieutenant

• 340 posts

Welcome!

:hunter1: :dinklebot:

Lokhe

Lokhe

Bird-powered Viking

• 2495 posts

Welcome!

:hunter1: :dinklebot:

I kinda necro bumped this thread a bit but, ty anyway haha

VivaBauer007

VivaBauer007

Apprentice

• 36 posts

God dag Gaurdian fra Sverige.  Jeg boede i Danmark i 2 aar, derfor skriver jeg paa dansk.  Jeg bor i Staterne og vil gerne spille Destiny med dig, men jeg har en PS3.  Jeg ved ikke om du har en PS3 ogsaa.  Hvis du vil gerne spille Destiny, og har in PS3 jeg kan godt give dig nogen raad som omhaenger Destiny efter den tredivte niveau.  Held og lykke. 

Viva

Edited by VivaBauer007, 10 March 2015 - 07:30 AM.

Lokhe

Lokhe

Bird-powered Viking

• 2495 posts

God dag Gaurdian fra Sverige.  Jeg boede i Danmark i 2 aar, derfor skriver jeg paa dansk.  Jeg bor i Staterne og vil gerne spille Destiny med dig, men jeg har en PS3.  Jeg ved ikke om du har en PS3 ogsaa.  Hvis du vil gerne spille Destiny, og har in PS3 jeg kan godt give dig nogen raad som omhaenger Destiny efter den tredivte niveau.  Held og lykke. 

Viva

When you put Danish into words it's a whole different story. It's just the speech that is a problem ;) I'm on a PS4 though. If you ever upgrade I'd be happy to have ya :D

• VivaBauer007 likes this

VivaBauer007

VivaBauer007

Apprentice

• 36 posts

I know exactly what you're talking about.  When I was travelling to Bornholm I took a ferry from Ystad and had a lot of difficulty communicating.  Luckily the written word is much more decipherable. 

Q-min4t0r

Q-min4t0r

Forum Lieutenant

• 184 posts

Look straight into the circle. Take a deep breath. Clear your mind and think of a danish spoken dialouge. Keep staring into the circle. Remain calm. Keep staring. Keep breathing. Think of the most difficult danish word to pronounce that you know of.

Now look away from the circle and back into it. Think of the danish word once more.

You're done. You can now understand everything I will say through my mic in the future! You're welcome!  :thumbsup: 

hypnotic-spiral-picture.gif

Edited by Q-min4t0r, 10 March 2015 - 09:02 AM.

• Lokhe likes this

The Biscuit Wolverine

The Biscuit Wolverine

Apprentice

• 40 posts

Welcome friend, I'm afraid im xbox or I would of helped out