Photo

Ended up guiding a group through VoG

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Michaelashmore18

Michaelashmore18

New Blood

• 3 posts

I've only fully completed it a few times, but I formed a group unaware that no one had much expirences at all. It was a pretty gratifying expirence. I really wish that someone had down the same for me in my first raid.

Just wanted to share, funny thing is I didn't get any good drops at all, but when I ran hard mode on my alt I it the helm, sparrow, vision, and crazy enough THE VEX MYTHOCLAST

I know it was just Rng but who's to say that karma doesn't control drops haha
  • CHULLEN, boggsy19, NINJA V and 6 others like this

NINJA V

NINJA V

Forum Lieutenant

• 377 posts

good job, more people with your attitude are needed on destinylgf.net for sure.

• ReaperFox likes this

monoxstereo

monoxstereo

Recruit

• 26 posts

People like you are the only reason I've made it through the few raids I've been able to do. Cheers to you!!

django

django

Forum Captain

• 463 posts

Great to hear there's people like you in the Destiny community...add me if you like, I'm desperate to find good people to raid with!.

Lokhe

Lokhe

Bird-powered Viking

• 2495 posts

I'm not quite high enough level yet but if you feel like more gratifying experiences like that I'm all yours when I do get there :P A few years of WoW should also have made me not terrible at learning raid tactics :)

kopiteadam

kopiteadam

Recruit

• 21 posts
I actually quite enjoy helping people through raids.. we have done it a few times now! The destiny community is definitely a more mature and helpful one as opposed to the other games where you get pure abuse for being a bit better than others!.. be warned though if you drop gjalla while I'm helping you, you will be shouted at ALOT!!
  • M3lv0 likes this

Lokhe

Lokhe

Bird-powered Viking

• 2495 posts

So it would seem! This place is awesome :) Can't wait to sit back with a cold beer and do some raiding with some like-minded people :)

videogamesteve

videogamesteve

Apprentice

• 53 posts

The group that always runs me through raids is now completely full, and it's hard to get them to run with me due to their burnout for the game. I'm a level 31 on both my Warlock and Hunter and the only "good" weapons I have are the fatebringer and truth. I was on lfg and ended up joining a group that was in the same situation as me. Always had people run them through the raids. I never got a chance to do important things like run the relics. So I stepped up and said I could do it. We wiped a few times but ended up beating it. If I had to give out some advice, next time you join a group you find online ask them if it's okay if you tried to run the relic even if there is someone in there that is comfortable with doing it. You don't want to be that person that gets warped to mars or venus and all 3 run right past the relic (wiping because of that is utterly embarassing). In my opinion, running the relics is a really fun job, and you feel like a quarterback instead of just someone tagging along. Communication is also key. I think the whole fight mechanics for VoG are much tougher than the Crota raid, particularly if you have a group where you don't know everyone's play style. I've maybe done a total of 12 raids (mix of VoG and Crota) but just this weekend a gained a whole new respect for them where I was running the relic.

We're all in this together. Whether you're playing with your IRL friends or online friends. Everyone is trying to accomplish the same thing. So do your part and help out when you can.

M3lv0

M3lv0

Forum Sergeant

• 89 posts

I actually quite enjoy helping people through raids.. we have done it a few times now! The destiny community is definitely a more mature and helpful one as opposed to the other games where you get pure abuse for being a bit better than others!.. be warned though if you drop gjalla while I'm helping you, you will be shouted at ALOT!!

So it would seem! This place is awesome :) Can't wait to sit back with a cold beer and do some raiding with some like-minded people :)

Looking FWD to add you both, need more people thinking that way in my contact list  :D

• Lokhe likes this

Lokhe

Lokhe

Bird-powered Viking

• 2495 posts

Likewise man :D

The group that always runs me through raids is now completely full, and it's hard to get them to run with me due to their burnout for the game. I'm a level 31 on both my Warlock and Hunter and the only "good" weapons I have are the fatebringer and truth. I was on lfg and ended up joining a group that was in the same situation as me. Always had people run them through the raids. I never got a chance to do important things like run the relics. So I stepped up and said I could do it. We wiped a few times but ended up beating it. If I had to give out some advice, next time you join a group you find online ask them if it's okay if you tried to run the relic even if there is someone in there that is comfortable with doing it. You don't want to be that person that gets warped to mars or venus and all 3 run right past the relic (wiping because of that is utterly embarassing). In my opinion, running the relics is a really fun job, and you feel like a quarterback instead of just someone tagging along. Communication is also key. I think the whole fight mechanics for VoG are much tougher than the Crota raid, particularly if you have a group where you don't know everyone's play style. I've maybe done a total of 12 raids (mix of VoG and Crota) but just this weekend a gained a whole new respect for them where I was running the relic.

We're all in this together. Whether you're playing with your IRL friends or online friends. Everyone is trying to accomplish the same thing. So do your part and help out when you can.

I'd love to learn these things. I've raided many years in WoW. Bring it on I say :)

Edited by Lokhe, 03 March 2015 - 09:02 AM.

kopiteadam

kopiteadam

Recruit

• 21 posts
Sure thing just make sure you either jump in party chat or message before hand as you don't want to be the guy that steals a place haha
Sure thing just make sure you either jump in party chat or message before hand as you don't want to be the guy that steals a place haha

videogamesteve

videogamesteve

Apprentice

• 53 posts

Poor me.. I'd love to play with you guys but i'm an xbox one not a psn :(

Lokhe

Lokhe

Bird-powered Viking

• 2495 posts

Poor me.. I'd love to play with you guys but i'm an xbox one not a psn :(

I'm sure you'll find a nice bunch of Xbros to go with mate!

I'm gonna need to plan raids a bit ahead anyway so no probs :)

ReaperFox

ReaperFox

Forum Sergeant

• 127 posts

I love hearing posts like this. We need more givers and people who like helping others out here! Grats on the Vex man, I'm over VOG HM's in still trying to get mine :)

Even Ascension

Even Ascension

Recruit

• 16 posts

Steve if you are on xbox one then add me up! I am always looking for more people to do the raids with!

The_SlayerSaint

The_SlayerSaint

Forum Lieutenant

• 271 posts

I always try to help out as well. Even after I've done all my runs for the week I'll join groups and try to help people through. Currently trying my hardest to get django in a group lol.  :laugh:

CsNiNe_AU

CsNiNe_AU

Recruit

• 16 posts

im keen to do all the raids (apart from HM Crota need to get more shards Fuuuuu)  just finding a group when im online is difficult.

Lokhe

Lokhe

Bird-powered Viking

• 2495 posts

im keen to do all the raids (apart from HM Crota need to get more shards Fuuuuu)  just finding a group when im online is difficult.

Life of an Aussie gamer eh? :P

django

django

Forum Captain

• 463 posts

I always try to help out as well. Even after I've done all my runs for the week I'll join groups and try to help people through. Currently trying my hardest to get django in a group lol.  :laugh:

Thanks dude, sorry I couldn't last night...didn't have much time, I just about squeezed in the Nightfall, Weekly, Daily and a few bounties!.

CsNiNe_AU

CsNiNe_AU

Recruit

• 16 posts

Life of an Aussie gamer eh? :P

yeah you know it :)

cakissig1225

cakissig1225

New Blood

• 2 posts

I love these stories! :D

Lokhe

Lokhe

Bird-powered Viking

• 2495 posts

I love these stories! :D

You'll love being part of them even more ;)