The End of Year Gift

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

BionicMonkey

BionicMonkey

Yes a monkey that's Bionic

• 608 posts

Saw this post on Bungies Twitter feed

"A small, but Legendary token of gratitude is being prepped for delivery later this week. We'll let you know when to check the Postmaster."

•  
  •  

And was wondering what you thought this token of gratitude might be. I'm think it might be a new legendary Ghost

boggsy19

boggsy19

Forum Lieutenant

• 183 posts

Something cosmetic like they did for Halloween. I can't see them giving anything substantial.

pompeyfluff

pompeyfluff

Suros Regime Expert

• 810 posts

everyone gets to run around with fireworks behind them once you complete the nightfall - something useless and pointless like that

HEAT_HTX40

HEAT_HTX40

Recruit

• 11 posts

Yup spend weeks designing and coding an item for in game use that has no value other than cosmetic.  Yup...that's I.T. management for you.

D34d3y3Sn1p3r

D34d3y3Sn1p3r

Forum Lieutenant

• 295 posts

Well, I am guessing whatever it is will have legendary rarity...

x Black Site x

x Black Site x

Forum Sergeant

• 146 posts

My guess is a legendary ghost. They wouldn't call it legendary if it wasn't something you could use. The pumpkin head thing was cosmetic but it wasn't legendary, and "small" makes it sound like a ghost to me. Which would be nice, I'm getting tired of my white dinklebot haha. Here's a little article from the plantetdestiny site itself: http://db.planetdest...ems/ghostshells

• mcshivers, Silights and MasterZimmy like this

D34d3y3Sn1p3r

D34d3y3Sn1p3r

Forum Lieutenant

• 295 posts

My guess is a legendary ghost. They wouldn't call it legendary if it wasn't something you could use. The pumpkin head thing was cosmetic but it wasn't legendary, and "small" makes it sound like a ghost to me. Which would be nice, I'm getting tired of my white dinklebot haha. Here's a little article from the plantetdestiny site itself: http://db.planetdest...ems/ghostshells

I think that all of these ghost shells are simply the ones you can see on the dead ghosts, if I am not mistaken. I think they can be found in the database, because they can be found in the world, just not for our use yet. I like my red ghost just fine, but it would be good to have a little choice.

Mr. Badger

Mr. Badger

Badger Thor!

• 1621 posts

OMFG GUYS! THE PACKAGES HAVE DROPPED IT GAVE ME ICE BREAKER AND GLAJJARHORN!

Note: Comments made by Mr. Badger, and any of his friends, may or may not be entirely true and may be used for the purpose of personal amusement and/or the bringing about of the revival of the Orgdu Jahad.

• Hemme02, khan1241, Bish AFC and 3 others like this

pasta_fire

pasta_fire

Grand Admiral

• 166 posts

OMFG GUYS! THE PACKAGES HAVE DROPPED IT GAVE ME ICE BREAKER AND GLAJJARHORN!

Note: Comments made by Mr. Badger, and any of his friends, may or may not be entirely true and may be used for the purpose of personal amusement and/or the bringing about of the revival of the Orgdu Jahad.

Funny.

Mr. Badger

Mr. Badger

Badger Thor!

• 1621 posts

Funny.

troll%2Bbadger%2B2.gif

Silights

Silights

Forum Lieutenant

• 199 posts

Yeah - given the wording of the post, I'm putting my money on a ghost shell as well.

spartan116chris

spartan116chris

New Blood

• 6 posts

I would very much like to believe it's a new Ghost shell. Perhaps a sweet Blue one :O

Hemme02

Hemme02

Forum Commander

• 1101 posts

Never Believe that Badger, hes a sneeky one.

Zukabak

Zukabak

Forum Sergeant

• 100 posts

✓  Best Answer

Confirmed as a RNG Legendary weapon - available at the Post Master now:
http://www.eurogamer...nown-benefactor

x Black Site x

x Black Site x

Forum Sergeant

• 146 posts

Andddddd an overwhelmingly disappointing gift from bungie, unless you somehow get something you've been wanting for a while. Legendary weapon bungie? Really? You can do better than that. I'd rather have taken a legendary engram than that POS. At least there's a chance for an exotic. SMH what a shame.

Paratrooper

Paratrooper

Apprentice

• 58 posts

So, what did you guys get from it?

Mr. Badger

Mr. Badger

Badger Thor!

• 1621 posts

Andddddd an overwhelmingly disappointing gift from bungie, unless you somehow get something you've been wanting for a while. Legendary weapon bungie? Really? You can do better than that. I'd rather have taken a legendary engram than that POS. At least there's a chance for an exotic. SMH what a shame.

They COULD have given us nothing. I agree, its lackluster, but its something. I'd have taken a Ghost shell for sure. I already have a tumbler sparrow and TimeBreaker so I really could care less about those. I think that, having a ghost shell being the best, a legendary engram is the next best thing. Especially for those people who are just coming in to Destiny at low level. I was playing VoG last night with some Noobs and the only legendary either of them had was Murmur.

x Black Site x

x Black Site x

Forum Sergeant

• 146 posts

They COULD have given us nothing. I agree, its lackluster, but its something. I'd have taken a Ghost shell for sure. I already have a tumbler sparrow and TimeBreaker so I really could care less about those. I think that, having a ghost shell being the best, a legendary engram is the next best thing. Especially for those people who are just coming in to Destiny at low level. I was playing VoG last night with some Noobs and the only legendary either of them had was Murmur.

Yeah that's true but it's just kind of like they hype it up and then boom, disappointment. And for the noobs it will be great since they will be getting a high level item which is exciting but for someone who has legendaries coming out the wazoo, it's just kinda blah. I'd much prefer the ghost shell cause we use that thing for every mission pretty much and other people can see it. But oh well, thanks for the energy bungie.

• Mr. Badger likes this

pasta_fire

pasta_fire

Grand Admiral

• 166 posts

What do you expect man? An exotic? Come on. Be realistic.

Mr. Badger

Mr. Badger

Badger Thor!

• 1621 posts

What do you expect man? An exotic? Come on. Be realistic.

I think a ghost shell, at some point, is realistic. 

Yeah that's true but it's just kind of like they hype it up and then boom, disappointment. And for the noobs it will be great since they will be getting a high level item which is exciting but for someone who has legendaries coming out the wazoo, it's just kinda blah. I'd much prefer the ghost shell cause we use that thing for every mission pretty much and other people can see it. But oh well, thanks for the energy bungie.

I can see how you may feel that way. I was really hoping for the ghost shell

• D34d3y3Sn1p3r likes this

pasta_fire

pasta_fire

Grand Admiral

• 166 posts

I think a ghost shell, at some point, is realistic. 

I can see how you may feel that way. I was really hoping for the ghost shell

Yeah but the dude is complaining that he got a legendary. Some people would kill to get a legendary.

x Black Site x

x Black Site x

Forum Sergeant

• 146 posts

Yeah but the dude is complaining that he got a legendary. Some people would kill to get a legendary.

Haha you really like to argue with me man. Like I said in my post, for the newer players it's great cause they get a legendary and they probably don't have many, but for ME (yes for ME and ME only, not generalizing to other people, just ME) it's really not much of a gift since I have a lot of exotics and legendaries and it's unlikely that I would use what they give me unless it's something very specific.

And I think a lot of people feel this way, and if you would "kill to get a legendary" and you've been playing this game for more than a month then you're doing something very wrong because legendary things aren't hard to come by if you know the game and have played it the right way.

I said a ghost shell would have been the best and cool. Something different and non-boring. No need to get hostile.

Murder34

Murder34

Forum Lieutenant

• 212 posts

instead of bitching about something you get for just playing the game you love...how bout some people actually say what they got from it??? :)

My nephew is only allowed to play on the weekends because of school but he's going to be happy as a pig in Sh*t for getting a free legendary.....just because you didn't get the Sword of a Thousand Truths you start complaining...like someone said there are plenty of people out there in need of Legendary's....we should be grateful for Bungie giving is anything...

x Black Site x

x Black Site x

Forum Sergeant

• 146 posts

I'm not complaining, just disappointed

I don't even know what I got yet so maybe i'll be pleasantly surprised

Edited by x Black Site x, 07 January 2015 - 11:48 AM.

• Mr. Badger likes this

Mr. Badger

Mr. Badger

Badger Thor!

• 1621 posts

x Black Site x was just expressing an opinion. One that I agree with simply because we're probably past the point where legendaries are very exciting FOR US. We'd both have rather had a ghost shell simply because FOR US legendaries are about as useful as rares once you get the gear set-up you want. 

Now, for anyone without legendaries? I'm happy as hell for them. I remember when I gt my first legendary. I was dancing on my couch. I reveled in the amount of hurt I was going to be able to put downrange. I was excited.

But any more I just see that legendary engram and think to myself: will it be something I need? Or will it be something I'll just have to dismantle?