Photo

A few quick tips if you're looking for something to do tonight....

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

BuckshotGeorge

BuckshotGeorge

Forum Lieutenant

• 320 posts

These maybe obvious to some but I haven't seen them written down anywhere.

1. Get your Vanguard rep rank up so it's just a little away from being upgraded. Then have a few bounties to return straight away. This means you will level up your Vanguard and be able to purchase something right away. Perfect if you've been waiting for that last armour piece, or you want a new weapon. If you have multiple characters, even better. Get them all ready to upgrade their rep.

2. Don't forget about the Nightfall/Weekly! With all the new content it might be put to one side. Get it out of the way first! By my reckoning it should be Valus on Mars, which is a doddle to cheese. Do it first! You will get a shot at a new exotic, and a big amount of experience points which will get you closer to another Vanguard commendation. Also getting the weekly out of the way will give you a special coin boost just in case Xur goes crazy in his first week and gives you a bunch of great exotic upgrade choices, and new weapons/armour.

3. Do the story and strike before you enter the Raid. This one is just a personal preference, so do what you want really. If Bungie really have taken our criticisms seriously, the story missions should be a lot bigger on the narrative side of things. I want to know more about Rasputin, and everything else the Hive are up to before going to see Crota. The drops from these missions might help you along the way. For me, if you're not going to try and get the Raid done as a World's First, give yourself time to soak up all the other content (Eris Bounties as well) before diving into the Raid.

Anyone have anything else I missed, feel free to jump in.

• alfynokes, McBang2023, CHULLEN and 4 others like this

pompeyfluff

pompeyfluff

Suros Regime Expert

• 810 posts

nice plan - i'll be hitting the nightfalls and weekly before any of the new DLC. 

I'll only be raiding if everyone in the group is level 30 at least. 

Hemme02

Hemme02

Forum Commander

• 1101 posts

Sounds like a plan.

BuckshotGeorge

BuckshotGeorge

Forum Lieutenant

• 320 posts

I'm definitely getting into Nightfall before the DLC. Makes sense, shouldn't take too long as we all have good methods available even if the difficulty is raised. As long as there's some sort of burn on it'll be fine.

Plus I had a word with RNGesus at the weekend when I was drunk (my friend's said I was talking to a tree but I don't believe them). He told me to compensate for weeks going without Gjallerhorn I am going to get Dragon's Breath!!!

• Hunter_4life likes this

Mac Salmon

Mac Salmon

Recruit

• 28 posts

Some good thinking there George

Xerkxes

Xerkxes

Forum Captain

• 485 posts

I'm already well on my way for getting the factions -just- before rank up.
Between the three characters... 4 at around 50 rep to rank up.
Hopefully will have 2-4 more by the end of today.

D34d3y3Sn1p3r

D34d3y3Sn1p3r

Forum Lieutenant

• 295 posts

I'm already well on my way for getting the factions -just- before rank up.
Between the three characters... 4 at around 50 rep to rank up.
Hopefully will have 2-4 more by the end of today.

I am in basically the same boat. I am trying to get everything right before level up, but on the ones I have gone too far, I have kept their packages in the bank, just in case.

Xerkxes

Xerkxes

Forum Captain

• 485 posts

I am in basically the same boat. I am trying to get everything right before level up, but on the ones I have gone too far, I have kept their packages in the bank, just in case.

I use the Destiny tracker and do the math to prevent that.

The only variable is Crucible between wins and loses. Everything else gives you static numbers.

D34d3y3Sn1p3r

D34d3y3Sn1p3r

Forum Lieutenant

• 295 posts

I use the Destiny tracker and do the math to prevent that.

The only variable is Crucible between wins and loses. Everything else gives you static numbers.

Likewise, but I forgot I had the NIghtfall buff on one of my characters, and forgot to factor in the extra experience.

mcshivers

mcshivers

Forum Captain

• 631 posts

All good ideas. I'm kind of pissed that the Crota raid starts at 30 because a lot of us (myself included) aren't 30 yet. And by the way things have been going doesn't seem like I'll be getting there anytime soon unless I can manage to get a different piece of raid gear and not keep getting the same ones every time.

UNLESS TDB story missions give you armor that'll get you to 30 then I'd be okay with that.

theshooshoo

theshooshoo

Forum Sergeant

• 74 posts

Mcshivers, i'm in the same boat stuck at 29 and i'm not getting the drops in VoG.  I personally hope IB brings better gear to up light levels even more.  I hope IB could be an alternative way to reach level goals as RNGesus doesn't like me at all in raids, lol.

mcshivers

mcshivers

Forum Captain

• 631 posts

Ugh, I suck at IB. I get blasted by lvl 30's. There should be segregation. 28's w/ 28's, 29's w/ 29's, 30's w/ 30's. etc. That was you're playing against an equal match, seems a bit unfair to be lvl 30 w/ Suros or Fatebringer against a 28 w/ a Shadow Price, the 28 is going to lose every time, it still seems uneven.

I dunno, maybe I'm just bitter because I haven't gotten a lot from the raid.

SlothAlmighty

SlothAlmighty

Forum Major

• 940 posts

once I got my vanguard/crucible ranks close, I switched to a faction cloak so I could still gather marks without affecting my rank

Hunter_4life

Hunter_4life

Forum Captain

• 492 posts

All good ideas. I'm kind of pissed that the Crota raid starts at 30 because a lot of us (myself included) aren't 30 yet. And by the way things have been going doesn't seem like I'll be getting there anytime soon unless I can manage to get a different piece of raid gear and not keep getting the same ones every time.

UNLESS TDB story missions give you armor that'll get you to 30 then I'd be okay with that.

Get your vanguards and factions ready to go to the next level on all characters,if youre lucky you'll get free lvl 30 gear if not still stronger weapons. :D And save your vanguard/crucible marks as well to buy new stuff

mcshivers

mcshivers

Forum Captain

• 631 posts

Well I only have one character who's 29 and my vanguard rank is getting pretty close I think, so I'll wait until after tomorrow to redeem and hopefully I get some new DB gear.

SlothAlmighty

SlothAlmighty

Forum Major

• 940 posts

Well I only have one character who's 29 and my vanguard rank is getting pretty close I think, so I'll wait until after tomorrow to redeem and hopefully I get some new DB gear.

make sure you pray to RNGesus before going to sleep tonight.

BuckshotGeorge

BuckshotGeorge

Forum Lieutenant

• 320 posts

You can still enter the Raid as a level 29, as long as you have a level 30 leading the party. I'm not saying it'll be easy but I still maintain this strike will be easier for 29's than the level 30 VoG was. No snipers (unless they introduce some) will be a major bonus.

There'll be plenty of gear available that will not only get you up to level 30, but at least level 31.

We will all be Gods soon!

Xerkxes

Xerkxes

Forum Captain

• 485 posts

Not like it'll be hard to get a group of 30, or even 31's. You can buy your way up now.

Wouldn't be surprised if we see lv 31's by the end of the day, I could probably do it. I'll I'd need is to buy a Faction chest piece and level it. 

TigerBurge

TigerBurge

Forum Lieutenant

• 169 posts

Not like it'll be hard to get a group of 30, or even 31's. You can buy your way up now

Or have been lucky to have gotten it to drop. I'm glad they have taken some of the luck out of it.

Xerkxes

Xerkxes

Forum Captain

• 485 posts

Or have been lucky to have gotten it to drop. I'm glad they have taken some of the luck out of it.

I'm one of those lucky ones.

VoG refused to let my Warlock become 30, now I've got my hands on three 33 Light Crucible items, debating on whether I should wait until Friday and get the exotic upgrade from Xur, or earn myself a 4th 33 light item..
However, It'll still be luck at getting to 32. Though thankfully less since their going to start tracking what and when you earned an item, and bend odds after that.

TigerBurge

TigerBurge

Forum Lieutenant

• 169 posts

I'm one of those lucky ones.

VoG refused to let my Warlock become 30, now I've got my hands on three 33 Light Crucible items, debating on whether I should wait until Friday and get the exotic upgrade from Xur, or earn myself a 4th 33 light item..
However, It'll still be luck at getting to 32. Though thankfully less since their going to start tracking what and when you earned an item, and bend odds after that.

Out of the 12 or so raids I've completed plus several partial raids all I've gotten was the chest three times. I've gotten all the weapons in duplicate.