13 replies to this topic

Ryno917

Ryno917

Forum Sergeant

• 129 posts

So, we were teased with this:

tease.jpg?cv=3983621438&av=138427917

Thoughts?

I'm really hoping this is going to become some kind of Sparrow Racing announcement, but I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be a completely superficial 'press the D-pad to perform a mild trick while in the air on your Sparrow' instead, based on the silhouette.

Either way, it does have me intrigued. This, to me, was the standout - I couldn't really care less about the voice chat or Iron Banner. Sparrow Racing would be orders of magnitude cooler.

Hemme02

Hemme02

Forum Commander

• 1101 posts

I honestly think its some kind of preorder dlc bonus sparrow.

That shoots fire and fires rockets..... or just a regular one......

MartianOnShrooms

MartianOnShrooms

Apprentice

• 53 posts

I believe there will eventually be "mini-games" in the tower.

Like, sign up for a race with 7 other players and you're flown to a random planet with an assigned place to drive around a few times and there can be enemies in the way, etc.

Or they could have some sort of gambling system with engrams, shards, materials, glimmer, etc.  Set it up like bounties have it like... pay 5 spinmetals to receive a challenge to defeat 5 heroic fallen warriors and the quicker you do it, the bigger the reward like:

10 minutes = 5x1 = 25 spinmetals

10-15 minutes = 3x1 = 15 spinmetals

15-20 minutes = 2x1 = 10 spinmetals

20+ = fail, lose your 5 spinmetals

(I want this badly)

They could have a shooting gallery where you play arcade style (similar to the bow challenges from LoZ Ocarina of Time), no rewards other than materials or glimmer and you can have a "in tower leaderboard" "overall leaders", etc.

Basically they need entire systems that give me an alternative to running in circles for materials/gear.  I don't need high rewards either just additional means to get the same materials (about 30/40 materials every 30 minutes) as I get farming.

Edited by MartianOnShrooms, 14 November 2014 - 10:47 AM.

Ryno917

Ryno917

Forum Sergeant

• 129 posts

Thinking about it again, the end says 'we want to make sure you traverse in style.' It's probably just about shaders for your Sparrow.

mcshivers

mcshivers

Forum Captain

• 631 posts

What I would like to see changed is shaders for all levels. Right now you can only use shaders at 20+. Why not at level 5? Or 10? Why do I have to wait all the way until level 20 to change the color of my armor? Doesn't make sense to me

D34d3y3Sn1p3r

D34d3y3Sn1p3r

Forum Lieutenant

• 295 posts

I really, really hope it is not tricks. It will be so disappointing if that is what it turns out to be. However, if it is shaders for sparrows, I will be pretty okay with that. And further, if it is shaders for sparrows, I would like to see that also transferred to ships that have a rarity lower than legendary.

Topinvader

Topinvader

Forum Captain

• 446 posts

I'm ok with what ever
New stuff is cool.
I have no hopes just taking it as it comes.
But sparrow races just would be amazing and doable
Made up maps in the already made areas have checkpoints
Be able to knock you opponent off his sparrow. just saying

Kurai3

Kurai3

New Blood

• 8 posts

If I remember correctly somebody somewhere a few weeks back mentioned Sparrow's that can do some kind of barrel roll trick thing. It's probably that. Or perhaps Sparrow Shaders. I wouldn't expect any big gameplay surprises though.

Ryno917

Ryno917

Forum Sergeant

• 129 posts

If I remember correctly somebody somewhere a few weeks back mentioned Sparrow's that can do some kind of barrel roll trick thing

That was the Sparrows released just before Haloween (which I never saw? How did people obtain them?)

Topinvader

Topinvader

Forum Captain

• 446 posts

That was the Sparrows released just before Haloween (which I never saw? How did people obtain them?)

I feel they where only announced.
No where I've found people actually getting them

SlothAlmighty

SlothAlmighty

Forum Major

• 940 posts

the section is titled "tricks up sleeves"

its pretty obvious

JBassFox

JBassFox

Forum Lieutenant

• 176 posts

I feel they where only announced.
No where I've found people actually getting them

They were found in the game database when the Halloween stuff came out. People speculated that they were already obtainable in the game, but Bungie has confirmed this to be false. More likely than not, they are simply preparing for the next DLC, or possibly the next update since they do hint at something new with sparrows. I don't even know why that didn't cross my mind the first time I read the update.

As for shaders, they seriously need ship shaders. Hopefully they'll make ships a more interactive part of the game, but for now, there needs to at least be a way to customize your ships. There are way too many dull, brown ships in this game.

hunterkiller

hunterkiller

Forum Sergeant

• 116 posts

I would love to see some ship shaders, I know they hinted at I for the dlc but I think it'd make more since as a free update. I wonder If they'd be their own unique shaders or a new slot where we can equip one of our armor shaders? If it's the later I would like to see how a ship looks with bloodpact or broadsword equipped

D34d3y3Sn1p3r

D34d3y3Sn1p3r

Forum Lieutenant

• 295 posts

I would love to see some ship shaders, I know they hinted at I for the dlc but I think it'd make more since as a free update. I wonder If they'd be their own unique shaders or a new slot where we can equip one of our armor shaders? If it's the later I would like to see how a ship looks with bloodpact or broadsword equipped

If ship shaders are a thing, then all of my ships will have the broadsword shader. Maybe a New Monachy one as well, but I think broadsword would just look awesome.