Photo

Best Auto Rifle for PvP?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Overdos3

Overdos3

New Blood

• 4 posts

So I was trying out all the auto rifles to find out which one is the best and/or balanced and here's the result:

What do you guys think?

• Noles likes this

Mayhem

Mayhem

Assistant Manager of the Year

• 976 posts

Suros Regime is my favorite.

pompeyfluff

pompeyfluff

Suros Regime Expert

• 810 posts

suros regime by some distance for me

dom3636

dom3636

Recruit

• 11 posts

Suros Regime always does work.

I own Suros Regime and Monte Carlo both different style of guns. I have yet to see or obtain the 3rd exotic auto rifle called "hard light". Looks alright so i guess i cannot say if its better or worst then any gun but for now Suros kicks butt.

Edited by dom3636, 01 October 2014 - 11:53 AM.

Rongelinajolie

Rongelinajolie

Apprentice

• 30 posts

Really tying to get my hands on a Suros Regime.

Doffe89

Doffe89

New Blood

• 7 posts

Suros regime is the best auto rifle. Kinda over powered, but nothing compared to the Vex Mythoclast ^^

Jett

Jett

Humble Klepto

• 144 posts

Khvostov 7G-02 for sure.

Hodgy

Hodgy

Recruit

• 24 posts

Suros Regime always does work.

I own Suros Regime and Monte Carlo both different style of guns. I have yet to see or obtain the 3rd exotic auto rifle called "hard light". Looks alright so i guess i cannot say if its better or worst then any gun but for now Suros kicks butt.

I don't have the Suros but I do the Hard Light and it's fantastic for QCB but it's not that good for long range encounters in my opinion.

pompeyfluff

pompeyfluff

Suros Regime Expert

• 810 posts

Monte Carlo looks like a good weapon for Titans. Low range, very high fire rate and perks look decent for QCB.

bkeller433

bkeller433

New Blood

• 3 posts

So now that the AR/Mythoclast hotfix has arrived, have you found any changes to your preferred AR? Don't have an exotic yet, but I do own Shadow Price and it still works decently since the fix.

KeiSon

KeiSon

Apprentice

• 53 posts

Fully upgraed suros regime by a dstance. Stable when shooting down sights and hip and aimng slows down rate of fire but damage is greatly increased which gives you a advantage in 1 on 1.

JsinOwl

JsinOwl

Forum Lieutenant

• 217 posts

I've used both extremes, the Suros which is low RoF and high impact and Doctor Nope which insane RoF and low impact. Doctor Nope also has the Perfect Balance upgrade and a whopping 72 round magazine. The Suros poops all over Doctor Nope. I've also used the Silvered Hushwind, which is basically the crucible version of the Shingen, and while the Suros doesn't poop all over it, I'd say it still drenches it in pee.

Joelus

Joelus

I just got the grim citizen and it's my first legendary primary. I'm a bit dissappointed with it tbh. The scope upgrades haven't been as good as other guns and the magazine size leaves me wanting more bullets. The reload upgrade may make it better when I get to it but I feel a bit jipped.

JsinOwl

JsinOwl

Forum Lieutenant

• 217 posts

I just got the grim citizen and it's my first legendary primary. I'm a bit dissappointed with it tbh. The scope upgrades haven't been as good as other guns and the magazine size leaves me wanting more bullets. The reload upgrade may make it better when I get to it but I feel a bit jipped.

Did you find it or buy it?

Syzegy-

Syzegy-

Apprentice

• 30 posts

Up until level 26 i used the Shingen-E. It was great, i just recently got the New Monarchy Vanquisher. I actually wanted the Shingen back the first 5 games i played with it. But that has everything to do with the fact that i havent leveled the Vanquisher and have to get used to the lower rate of fire.

Im actually starting to enjoy the vanquisher more now. And believe its equally powerful to the Shingen.

It really depends on what ur playstyle is. Im more of a slow player making angles and keeping distance between myself and the enemy as i move through the map. The slower rate of fire and my above average aim makes that when i get the headshots the enemies drop quicker. While i was playing a lot faster and with more movement with the Shingen but sometimes got caught if i didnt hit the target properly.

Overall the Vanquisher when fully upgraded is easier in use and drops enemy's faster. But if you rush a enemy the slower fire rate means u have more chance of going down because up close its hard to get all your shots in the head. Well.. my 2 cents anyway.

khan1241

khan1241

Apprentice

• 44 posts

I am in the same boat Syzegy. I switched from the Shingen to the Vanquisher.  I missed the ROF and larger clip size.  But after a bit I started enjoying it more. Now that its fully upgraded and I am getting better at headshots, I have found its a beast.  But head shots are a must to compete with a Shingen or Suros.

EnviableTag

EnviableTag

Looking for Xbox1 clan

• 268 posts

I have the souros but got the 'unwilling soul 09' last night............the gun is a beast, the rate of fire is insane! no good at range but up close its an animal.

SKILLER1NSTINCT

SKILLER1NSTINCT

New Blood

• 7 posts

I agree 100% that the shingen-e is the best auto rifle in this game...

The moment I saw that rate of fire and start using it that was my first thought: this weapon is a beast. I didn't know about the difficulties to fight back with a high rate of fire, I was using this weapon cause it doesn't has that shitty impact of the atheon's and i always thought the vanguard's (both New Monarchy and Vanguard) auto rifle were firing too slow for me..

The only problem of this weapon is the low range.. That's why i have 2 shingen: one of them gives me a bigger range and the other one full stability and easier to aim under fire (excellent for close range).

And about the suros... it is pretty good for head shot, long range and for ppl that has difficulties to manage a weapon with recoil. The problem is tt's pretty easy to fight back, specially if you move a lot. 

The Monte Carlo has that high range but the stability makes the weapon too hard to manage.. i can't say for sure cause i use a hunter but i think this weapon will be excellent for titan and warlok seeing that ANY damage replenish you melee attack, and of course should be recommended for close combat cause of the bonus accuracy by firing from the hip.

Edited by SKILLER1NSTINCT, 20 October 2014 - 12:13 PM.

Hunter_4life

Hunter_4life

Forum Captain

• 492 posts

Suros Regime is a beast, but it makes it too easy I feel haha, I just got hardlight from a crucible match :D its a beast!! I need more practice with it though

CovertGhost

CovertGhost

New Blood

• 9 posts
I use the Grim Citizen III and I like it alot the rate of fire is a lower than the suros r but the impact is the same and the stability is good once upgraded u have the choice to max out the reload speed of the weapon if your head shot aim is good I recommend I got it through leveling my crypt don't believe it is sold but if you don't have a SR highly recommend

SlothAlmighty

SlothAlmighty

Forum Major

• 940 posts

for normal rifles, I would go with the galahad

I haven't tried any legendary/exotics yet, but the vanquisher from new monarch looks promising.

Syzegy-

Syzegy-

Apprentice

• 30 posts

Have any of you guys tried switching from auto rifles to pulse rifles/scout rifles? If so, can you feel the buff in them? Are the auto-rifles still viable. Havent been able to get on in a week :S

Vaakoh

Vaakoh

Recruit

• 16 posts

Everyone is always hyping up the Suros Regime. I'm sure it's a great gun (never used it as I haven't gotten it) but I've been doing quite well with the Shadow Price. It doesn't have an insane rate of fire but the stability on the gun is fantastic. I favor stability over rate of fire anyway simply because I'm almost always going for precision kills (headshots). 

To answer your question Syzegy, yes, auto-rifles are definitely still worth using in PvP. The nerfs to them were very subtle. I haven't even noticed a change personally and I've been using autos since nearly the beginning. As long as your aim is on par you won't have any trouble subduing other players.

• theshooshoo likes this

SKILLER1NSTINCT

SKILLER1NSTINCT

New Blood

• 7 posts

Everyone is always hyping up the Suros Regime. I'm sure it's a great gun (never used it as I haven't gotten it) but I've been doing quite well with the Shadow Price. It doesn't have an insane rate of fire but the stability on the gun is fantastic. I favor stability over rate of fire anyway simply because I'm almost always going for precision kills (headshots). 

i've been using this auto rifle too, that SURESHOT IS is the best sight i've seen... i'm looking for another weapon with it 

Novaronus

Novaronus

New Blood

• 4 posts

Suros Regime , Shinjen-E and Atgeons epilogue !