Guess what? More DPFN.

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Fedge Gondola

Fedge Gondola

Forum Sergeant

• 121 posts

Hello all.

I went to darkperfection.net this morning to find it's finally met its end (unfortunately) and is now redirecting here.  I'd been a part of that community for nearly 6 years.

A little background for me, I got into Halo late in 2008 and it was my first online shooter.  Ever since then I've been hooked.  Reach was unfortunately a large disappointment for me gameplay wise, and Halo 4 wasn't much better.  Since then I've been hanging mostly around GTA, Assassin's Creed, and Battlefield (which has become just as disappointing).

I'm on Xbox One and plan on getting Destiny for that platform.  I have to admit that I've been fairly pessimistic about this game, though excited at the same time purely over the fact that it's a new realm for once.  I'd like for my pessimism about this game to be proven wrong when it comes out.

Other than that, I'm active Air Force stationed out in Colorado having a pretty good time.

Thanks!  :)

• Noles, AdventOfAnarchy and NOVREHS like this

ninjadragonkllr

ninjadragonkllr

King of Coffee

• 550 posts

Welcome to the forum
  • Fedge Gondola likes this

pompeyfluff

pompeyfluff

Suros Regime Expert

• 810 posts

More...How many of you were there.

Anyway welcome to the forums. Have fun

Xenthrawl

Xenthrawl

White Lotus

• 126 posts

Welcome to DN!

NOVREHS

NOVREHS

Ashara

• 282 posts

Welcome man but someone got to explain to me, what is DPFN.

Noles

Noles

Community Manager

• 4247 posts

Welcome man but someone got to explain to me, what is DPFN.

It's a clan I started back in 07, it went from a Halo-focused clan to a general gaming community 

NOVREHS

NOVREHS

Ashara

• 282 posts

Ah, I see. Also your avatar reminds me of a wolf with the logo of destiny, intentional?

Faeyrin

Faeyrin

Apprentice

• 34 posts

That avatar definitely reminds of The Silence.

yaters

yaters

Square Wheel

• 186 posts

Welcome to DN.  I hope the enthusiasm for Destiny here and the experience you get while playing it eases your pessimism.  I don't think the game is perfect, but I'm excited for the chance to explore new lore and places.  I'm excited that Bungie can build on this over time (a long time) by adding content.  I'm excited that it is somewhat meshing two genres that I've enjoyed most.  I'll be the first to complain about something I don't like.  But there is enough 'new' in this approach that I went from being intrigued to counting down the days - something I haven't done since Halo3.

This community has been great so far and thanks for now being a part of it!

Noles

Noles

Community Manager

• 4247 posts

Ah, I see. Also your avatar reminds me of a wolf with the logo of destiny, intentional?

That's exactly what it is :P I put the logo over the face, just didn't make it too noticeable 

NOVREHS

NOVREHS

Ashara

• 282 posts

Hahah, nice one.

AdventOfAnarchy

AdventOfAnarchy

Forum Sergeant

• 133 posts

Nice to see you, Sir Fedge!

JackUnion

JackUnion

Assassin

• 367 posts

Welcome! This community is great, keeps filling up with awesome people. Glad to have you on DN

mavado454

mavado454

Forum Badass

• 1320 posts

Welcome!  I think you are the only one pessimistic about this game here, lol.  We will convert you!

petere05

petere05

Forum Lieutenant

• 283 posts

Yeah - what are you not sold on? Is it the hype-train that's a mile long, or do you have some issues with the gameplay, PvE length, etc.?

Either way, we're happy you're here!

Kidcombz

Kidcombz

Apprentice

• 36 posts

i came from halo too so i think i understand. there is that worry of the people who play most often being the ones most rewarded in appose to the most skilled. i'm just looking forward to looking at the mechnics and using my skill to get to the top. if i have to grind in PVE to find that item so that i can hold down Iron banner i'm willing to do it.

I for one don't mind it. it created an ecosystem with a clear top of the food chain. when you enter the crucible you know who to be afraid of at a glance and i don't know if its just me but i love it when you can see a player is clearly afraid to challenge you in the middle of a pvp duel. :)

and if you truly hate the reward system just stay out of Iron banner. regular crucible will party up with players at your lvl anyway :)

any way enjoy man its going to be fun no matter what.

Fedge Gondola

Fedge Gondola

Forum Sergeant

• 121 posts

Yeah - what are you not sold on? Is it the hype-train that's a mile long, or do you have some issues with the gameplay, PvE length, etc.?

Either way, we're happy you're here!

I was looking for a good single player lore driven game that hopefully I could enjoy with a friend or two.

If I take the Beta at face value as being the beginning of the game, it currently leaves a lot to be desired in terms of an engaging story.

However, we'll let the final game speak for itself.

• petere05 likes this

JJkul

JJkul

Recruit

• 15 posts

BooThisMan.gif

petere05

petere05

Forum Lieutenant

• 283 posts

I was looking for a good single player lore driven game that hopefully I could enjoy with a friend or two.

If I take the Beta at face value as being the beginning of the game, it currently leaves a lot to be desired in terms of an engaging story.

However, we'll let the final game speak for itself.

Totally understand. I think it's great they have endgame activities set up, like harder strikes etc. (Nightfall missions), I also hope they don't rush the sweet treat of the story. Although, it remains to be seen if this 10 year deal is for one long story, or multiple in the same universe. So we may only get a part of the larger picture. I agree, though, we shall see!

GodOfSlowness

GodOfSlowness

The Slow One

• 715 posts

Welcome man! Maybe we could play a couple game down the road if time allows!

Starfleet Rambo

Starfleet Rambo

Forum Sergeant

• 116 posts

He also yells a lot.

BrokenToeEd

BrokenToeEd

Forum Sergeant

• 85 posts

Hey there champ. :)

Ready for Destiny..?

rage_table_flip.png

Mrdowork77

Mrdowork77

Forum Lieutenant

• 189 posts

W'sup Fedge? Welcome. 

Fedge Gondola

Fedge Gondola

Forum Sergeant

• 121 posts

He also yells a lot.

You're the one to talk!  haha

I'm ready to flip some tables.

rainmaker395

rainmaker395

Forum Sergeant

• 91 posts

welcome to the forums, feel free to add me on X1 if you want to.