Photo

New website to find or create fireteams...........

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Xaanek

Xaanek

Recruit

• 15 posts

I created this site to help find people to complete Raids and Strike Team missions or find a Fireteam for PvP.

Check out http://www.destinyteamfinder.com and leave any suggestions here.  

• MrJustinMitchell likes this

LyKaNlol

LyKaNlol

Bawwss!

• 162 posts

I created this site to help find people to complete Raids and Strike Team missions or find a Fireteam for PvP.

Check out http://www.destinyteamfinder.com and leave any suggestions here.

That has great potential man. Good work on that. People like myself roll solo at times and when people are offline and what not there is always an option to jump into a group with other people, props to that.

JDFrozen

JDFrozen

Forum Sergeant

• 99 posts

Wow !! Really good!
I see this becoming really useful in the future

Great job!!

Xaanek

Xaanek

Recruit

• 15 posts

Thanks for the replies guys.  Let me know if there are any other game modes or anything you would like added.  

yaters

yaters

Square Wheel

• 186 posts

Great work - that could be a very useful tool.

A couple of suggestions:

1.  Maybe include a timezone option for players to enter, OR...

2.  Include a suggested play time so that people can select what is convenient for them

3.  Perhaps add a 'preferred role' area (I'm thinking raids here where you might need specific types of skill sets)

It would be nice to get that tool integrated into this site as well!  :)

Xaanek

Xaanek

Recruit

• 15 posts

The time is shown the way it is now because they have been there for a while.  When you create a new entry it will be shown as "10 minutes ago", "12 hours and 32 mins ago" etc.  The site is intended to find a team right then, not in the future.  If there are enough people using it there should be many groups available to join.  Without in game chat the only way to get people using it is forums like these so please help the site by spreading the word  :thanks:

Preferred role is a good idea.  I don't even have the names of the raids and options yet but I will put this on the list of things to look at down the road.  Thanks for the feedback.

pompeyfluff

pompeyfluff

Suros Regime Expert

• 810 posts

I think could be a useful tool, especially for those that might be looking to play at more "obscure" hours (Superowl down in Aus for example).

yaters

yaters

Square Wheel

• 186 posts

The time is shown the way it is now because they have been there for a while.  When you create a new entry it will be shown as "10 minutes ago", "12 hours and 32 mins ago" etc.  The site is intended to find a team right then, not in the future.  If there are enough people using it there should be many groups available to join.  Without in game chat the only way to get people using it is forums like these so please help the site by spreading the word  :thanks:

Preferred role is a good idea.  I don't even have the names of the raids and options yet but I will put this on the list of things to look at down the road.  Thanks for the feedback.

That totally makes sense to me.  I could see it being very useful to find an immediate team to play with in that regard.  I was thinking more of my lifestyle where I grind away at my office all day sneaking views of websites like this and waiting until the evening when I can play.  I'd love to set something up in advance (e.g. - 8pm MST looking to do a raid...)

I hammered my friend at Bungie for information on the raids last evening.  He was pretty tight lipped about it.  But he did say he has tried with a few people at work three times now and never completed one.  There are multiple learning curves that would cause you to re-adjust your strategy along the way.  One example he gave was you might be in an encounter and doing fine, then everyone's health gets completely depleted and you aren't sure why.  You need to figure that out before you can get through that section.  Another example was having the players positioned in the right areas at the right times.  Lots to speculate from that I suppose.  He said once you understand how to do a raid correctly, it will be about 3 hours to complete on the regular mode.  (Of course, there will likely be guides online quickly on the tricks to get through a raid...I'm going to avoid those)

All that being said, it sounds like some planning is needed which is why I thought it might be useful to have an area for getting a group together at a certain time.  

Please don't take my comments as critical though - I think the site is great!

• Noles and Exantaris like this

Xaanek

Xaanek

Recruit

• 15 posts

That totally makes sense to me.  I could see it being very useful to find an immediate team to play with in that regard.  I was thinking more of my lifestyle where I grind away at my office all day sneaking views of websites like this and waiting until the evening when I can play.  I'd love to set something up in advance (e.g. - 8pm MST looking to do a raid...)

I hammered my friend at Bungie for information on the raids last evening.  He was pretty tight lipped about it.  But he did say he has tried with a few people at work three times now and never completed one.  There are multiple learning curves that would cause you to re-adjust your strategy along the way.  One example he gave was you might be in an encounter and doing fine, then everyone's health gets completely depleted and you aren't sure why.  You need to figure that out before you can get through that section.  Another example was having the players positioned in the right areas at the right times.  Lots to speculate from that I suppose.  He said once you understand how to do a raid correctly, it will be about 3 hours to complete on the regular mode.  (Of course, there will likely be guides online quickly on the tricks to get through a raid...I'm going to avoid those)

All that being said, it sounds like some planning is needed which is why I thought it might be useful to have an area for getting a group together at a certain time.  

That makes sense and thanks again for the feedback.  Hopefully the site will be active enough so you can jump on when you get home from work and find a group in just a few minutes.  Adjustments will need to be made I'm sure and I'll add this to my notes.  I can also create a poll on the site and see which features people would like added after things get going.

yaters

yaters

Square Wheel

• 186 posts

Sounds great. I'm looking forward to using the tool often!

Xaanek

Xaanek

Recruit

• 15 posts

I have added live chat to the bottom of the fireteam listing pages.  If you have a chance to try it out let me know what you think of it.

Edited by Xaanek, 29 August 2014 - 12:43 PM.

Corruption

Corruption

Apprentice

• 35 posts

Good work, I'll be using this once the game is live.

Zano

Zano

Hand Cannon Overlord

• 202 posts

Maybe those who are familiar with Zombies Easter Eggs may have a leg up on figuring out the Raids lol

Xaanek

Xaanek

Recruit

• 15 posts

bump 

Exantaris

Exantaris

New Blood

• 2 posts

Love the site! Has sooo much potential and will help loners like me grab a fire team together quickly without the whole let's dance at the tower and invite randoms... Which is cool but not so when you end up with someone who doesn't talk English etc...

Good work and keep the sight updated. Be good to more info and stuff on it too

Cheers

Ex

Xaanek

Xaanek

Recruit

• 15 posts

I was thinking about adding a Region drop down when creating a fireteam, is this something people would be interested in?

Xaanek

Xaanek

Recruit

• 15 posts

Added Queens Wrath to the list when creating a new Fireteam

Traffic to the site has really picked up the past few days, there are a lot of groups forming.  It seems like a lot of people just use the chat box at the bottom of the page to find a group, so use which ever method you prefer.

MrJustinMitchell

MrJustinMitchell

Forum Sergeant

• 76 posts

Thank you for doing this!

Between these forums /r/fireteams and your site no one should ever have a problem getting a group together.

Stormoffury

Stormoffury

New Blood

• 8 posts

This is great, good job on this

Xaanek

Xaanek

Recruit

• 15 posts

It's been a while but thought I would bump this while I'm here

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Any: