49 replies to this topic

Noles

Noles

Community Manager

• 4247 posts

From this interview we've learned:

• Level 30 is the cap
  • AI behavior will get more complex as we level up
  • There will be many updates in the future, most of which will be influenced by the community
  • Beta leveling was accelerated 
  • Beta rare+ item drop frequency was increased

• Muffin Slapper Jr, Dassembre, Va_tah and 5 others like this

petere05

petere05

Forum Lieutenant

• 283 posts

I'm happy Bungie is dropping details. Makes the wait a little easier, for me anyway, hearing some official news/statements. Thanks, Noles!

• damienangel likes this

Mrdowork77

Mrdowork77

Forum Lieutenant

• 189 posts

Now all we need to kno is what's up with the servers on 9/9. I wonder is anyone gonna talk about that.

damienangel

damienangel

Coffee Knight

• 269 posts

you're the man Noles. So, how does everyone feel about finding out the Beta was accelerated? 

Artemus

Artemus

Forum Lieutenant

• 234 posts

I find this totally incredible.  Especially that new content every day promise.  How can they do that?  Still, I'm not going to fuss.  I totally love the fact that I'm going to buy something that's going to grow and adapt to how people play it.   I like exploring on my own and it made me very happy to hear them talk about tweaking that experience. 

They all but admitted on the raids that it's going to take one out of every subclass to make it through.   :)

Good article, Noles.  They gave away a lot of stuff. 

Mrdowork77

Mrdowork77

Forum Lieutenant

• 189 posts

So, how does everyone feel about finding out the Beta was accelerated?

I kinda had a feeling it was. It'll be great to grind a little harder when the game actually drops. As long as the loot drops aren't ridiculously low like a certain game with a "bazilliondy" guns.
  • damienangel likes this

Noles

Noles

Community Manager

• 4247 posts

I find this totally incredible.  Especially that new content every day promise.  How can they do that?

I have a feeling that means daily challenges/events 

damienangel

damienangel

Coffee Knight

• 269 posts

re-post...oops

ST2012

ST2012

Forum Sergeant

• 93 posts

So much info...I'm so hyped!

pompeyfluff

pompeyfluff

Suros Regime Expert

• 810 posts

so it is still a level 20 soft cap, but level 30 with light.

I reckon they will raise this during one of the DLC's

damienangel

damienangel

Coffee Knight

• 269 posts

I kinda had a feeling it was. It'll be great to grind a little harder when the game actually drops. As long as the loot drops aren't ridiculously low like a certain game with a "bazilliondy" guns.

lol i loved that game with a "bazilliondy" guns! but yeah, I totally agree. I only played for a few hours and was able to get to level 8 so now that they confirm that it was accelerated I dont feel like we will all be blazing through the game. it will be a nice slow burn :-)

• Mrdowork77 likes this

Artemus

Artemus

Forum Lieutenant

• 234 posts

I have a feeling that means daily challenges/events 

Even if it is, that still makes me feel warm and fuzzy.  It really does give you a sense that you're in a 'real' place.  I've never played a game like that before. 

• damienangel likes this

damienangel

damienangel

Coffee Knight

• 269 posts

Even if it is, that still makes me feel warm and fuzzy.  It really does give you a sense that you're in a 'real' place.  I've never played a game like that before. 

Yeah me either. I really look forward to this. 

Muffin Slapper Jr

Muffin Slapper Jr

Forum Lieutenant

• 269 posts

wasn't the lvl cap originally lvl 29?

Noles

Noles

Community Manager

• 4247 posts

wasn't the lvl cap originally lvl 29?

No, that's just the highest level we've seen in videos/screenshots.

• damienangel likes this

pompeyfluff

pompeyfluff

Suros Regime Expert

• 810 posts

i believe i read an another interview (or it might have been a video i saw) where they said the daily content would be along the lines of bosses being randomly inserted at certain points during the day.

The weekly ones are more likely to be larger events that would require co-ordination to complete.

can't think where i saw/read it but certain it was only last week.

• damienangel likes this

DhrHek

DhrHek

Recruit

• 17 posts

Hopefully itll be a little grind. I need to miss the first week of launch due holidays and i dont wanna see everyone being 20s when i get first online. :)

Daily events in exploring zone will be good i think. Will bring out all the pvpers to the glorious world of Destiny.

Va_tah

Va_tah

Planeswalker

• 160 posts

This is getting amped up for 9/9.

• Mrdowork77 and damienangel like this

DoctorJusticeXB1

DoctorJusticeXB1

Forum Sergeant

• 85 posts

Hopefully itll be a little grind. I need to miss the first week of launch due holidays and i dont wanna see everyone being 20s when i get first online. :)

I'm sorry my friend, but I'm getting to lvl 20 day one no matter what has to happen. Lol. I truly plan on playing until I break a finger or something. (By something I mean my wife hitting me or breaking my controller... :( )

I am a little sad that the rare item drops in the beta was increased and I still only got one. Lmao. and that was just from leveling up the Cryptarch!

Looking forward to getting all kinds of crazy loot from crucible vendors and raids.

• Noles likes this

damienangel

damienangel

Coffee Knight

• 269 posts

I'm sorry my friend, but I'm getting to lvl 20 day one no matter what has to happen. Lol. I truly plan on playing until I break a finger or something. (By something I mean my wife hitting me or breaking my controller... :( )

I am a little sad that the rare item drops in the beta was increased and I still only got one. Lmao. and that was just from leveling up the Cryptarch!

Looking forward to getting all kinds of crazy loot from crucible vendors and raids.

Haha I remember that life... Marriage had its perks but video game time was not one of them :P. I took off the day after release and then it's back to work... I will probably never get a block of play time that solid again until the holidays.

I never got a rare item in the beta either though.....

DoctorJusticeXB1

DoctorJusticeXB1

Forum Sergeant

• 85 posts

Marriage had its perks but video game time was not one of them :P.

I really want to frame this. Haha

• damienangel likes this

damienangel

damienangel

Coffee Knight

• 269 posts

I really want to frame this. Haha

Lol frame away!

Mykle

Mykle

Forum Colonel

• 1871 posts

Daily events in exploring zone will be good i think. Will bring out all the pvpers to the glorious world of Destiny.

Too bad. I will max out at least one character in the first two days.

I am disappointed to hear that rare item drops are reduced. I don't think I got more than three in the hundred hours I put in.
  • damienangel likes this

ninjadragonkllr

ninjadragonkllr

King of Coffee

• 550 posts

Too bad. I will max out at least one character in the first two days.
I am disappointed to hear that rare item drops are reduced. I don't think I got more than three in the hundred hours I put in.

Yeah its going to be about the grind I think lol

damienangel

damienangel

Coffee Knight

• 269 posts

Yeah its going to be about the grind I think lol

Shit.... I'll never max a character out.... Blurg. If I do though, It will be worth it.