Photo

Alright Guys... I Need Help....

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

DoctorJusticeXB1

DoctorJusticeXB1

Forum Sergeant

• 85 posts

So I'm pretty sure that waiting for the full release of Destiny has me depressed. Nothing in my life (which is mostly work anyway) is fun or exciting to me anymore. Or if it is its mostly for very short amounts of time. My wife always asks me what's wrong and she knows that I am insanely obsessed over this perfect game that comes out in three weeks now (woah..) but every time she asks I just say nothing because I can't tell her that I'm just sad o dint have a controller in my hand playing Destiny. She's not a gamer so she wouldn't really understand. I also made the mistake of trading in all other games I had to get my ghost edition for around $5. So I've had nothing to keep my mind occupied since the day they announced the limited editions. I just needed to get all that off my chest and wanted to see how you guys are coping with the wait. I've been staying up to date with MoreConsole, Datto, Byf and most of the other folks that have made an appearance on Guardian Radio but it still doesn't soothe my insatiable itch for more of this game. Also: this is my first time posting on a forum community so I apologize in advance for not being literate in a few things.
  • Noles, cptlongstar and Xenthrawl like this

ninjadragonkllr

ninjadragonkllr

King of Coffee

• 550 posts

Welcome to the forum, we are all coping the same depression it will alright. Pull up a chair,have a seat and jump in the discussions

pompeyfluff

pompeyfluff

Suros Regime Expert

• 810 posts

welcome to the forums.

Like you i think i;ve actually watched every datto and Byf youtube video now...and am going back over them again in case i missed something important

• Heeps of Tommi and DoctorJusticeXB1 like this

KeiSon

KeiSon

Apprentice

• 53 posts

Well welcome to the site, I've been spending my spare time completing Watch Dogs so all games I own are now completed. And then spent time with my 2nd favorite love which is watching anime. Been catching up on few new titles watching old classics so when Destiny get's released I have no distractions on my 2 do list. Apart from going to work which is unfortunately unavoidable.

• Buttonz52 likes this

Hemme02

Hemme02

Forum Commander

• 1101 posts

Welcome to the forum. Here we all long for the 9th when we can take our controller and play this game that's called Destiny.

Xenthrawl

Xenthrawl

White Lotus

• 126 posts

1. Welcome the to DN forums!!!

2. Sides keeping up with recent YT content and trying to soak up as much information about Destiny as I can. Netflix and a little Battlefield 4  been distracting me from 9/9. 

Noles

Noles

Community Manager

• 4247 posts

You've come to the right place. :)

iZ1ah4QdxYaXl.png

• Buttonz52, Mrdowork77, Sentry-Mann and 6 others like this

Xenthrawl

Xenthrawl

White Lotus

• 126 posts

You've come to the right place. :)

iZ1ah4QdxYaXl.png

12 step program, it's what I needed!

Culexss

Culexss

Forum Sergeant

• 92 posts

Yeah, it is really strange. It's a long time ago that I was so exited about a game.... Makes me feel young again ;-D

• Xenthrawl likes this

petere05

petere05

Forum Lieutenant

• 283 posts

Yeah...Noles referred me to the same clinic when I joined! Just jump into the threads and talk Destiny - it helps! I'm in the same boat, being married to a non-gamer and all. Although, I talk about it all the time so she knows exactly why I'll be neglecting my duties as a husband and human being in general on the 9th.

Haha... j/k! But for reals - Destiny can't launch soon enough.

Artemus

Artemus

Forum Lieutenant

• 234 posts

There, there, it's going to be okay on the 9th of September.  Until then, drag up a rock and we'll all commisserate together. 

Oh, and welcome. :)

cptlongstar

cptlongstar

Apprentice

• 36 posts

Welcome  I am like you, Destiny is like crack after just a little you need more !

Sentry-Mann

Sentry-Mann

The Sentry

• 237 posts

Welcome! We got a nice little support group going on here, I think you'll feel right at home! ;)

mavado454

mavado454

Forum Badass

• 1320 posts

Yeah, we are all on this boat together!  I think all of us that are married will have some unhappy wives for a couple days, lol.

Mrdowork77

Mrdowork77

Forum Lieutenant

• 189 posts

Hi, my name is MrDowork and I'm a Desti-holic. Welcome to the forums.

call me mud

call me mud

Recruit

• 27 posts

Yeah, we are all on this boat together!  I think all of us that are married will have some unhappy wives for a couple days, lol.

I may be a bit jealous of the whole angry wife part , my gf will be trying to take the controller and getting her destiny together . A gamer so can be bitter sweet sometimes lol

OOOhhhh and as someone who just signed up yesterday , welcome and  be prepared to be pleasently suprised with the community building here .

GagmaTM

GagmaTM

Recruit

• 20 posts

Hey! Welcome to DN Forums :)

Now, I'm obviously very hyped for Destiny like everyone here since I saw the first ViDoc back in early 2013.. But I have my mind more or less occupied at this moment and I can say the waiting for me isn't going that slow =)

So, just to help you out here are a couple things I do during my free time while I wait for Destiny.

- If you have a PS4 (Which I suppose you do) you could download Warframe. Which is a FREE TO PLAY game, the number #2 downloaded app on the PS Store after Netflix and it is pretty good for an indie. I Like it a lot and is making me less desperate for Destiny! xD.. not less hyped, just less desperate =)

- You could watch a TV series, if you have netflix that shouldn't be a problem :P.. Now if you DON'T have netflix there are many websites where you could watch HD TV series for free. Some of my personal favorites are: Supernatural, Game of Thrones, Arrow, Prison Break, Spartacus, How i met your mother, Orange is the new black (netflix exclusive), and many more ^^

-Finally, this is something that you could do only if you are into it. Watching Anime is REALLY entertaining if you give it the chance. Some people may think that it is just japanese cartoon for kids, but there are some really good stuff out there and some are very fun to watch ;).. You can find free Anime online to watch very easily.

Hope this helps you out! and again, welcome to this great community ;D

petere05

petere05

Forum Lieutenant

• 283 posts

-Finally, this is something that you could do only if you are into it. Watching Anime is REALLY entertaining if you give it the chance. Some people may think that it is just japanese cartoon for kids, but there are some really good stuff out there and some are very fun to watch ;).. You can find free Anime online to watch very easily.

I finished Attack on Titan in about three days and am re-watching it with my wife right now, but I can agree, Netflix binge-watching has been a favorite pass time, considering other games really don't cut it!

GagmaTM

GagmaTM

Recruit

• 20 posts

I finished Attack on Titan in about three days and am re-watching it with my wife right now, but I can agree, Netflix binge-watching has been a favorite pass time, considering other games really don't cut it!

Attack on Titan is like the Anime Game of Thrones  :thumbsup: it is so intense, i can't even say which one made me "OMG" more.. I could recommend you SAO (Sword Art Online) if you haven't watched it  ^^ pretty good too!

mavado454

mavado454

Forum Badass

• 1320 posts

I may be a bit jealous of the whole angry wife part , my gf will be trying to take the controller and getting her destiny together . A gamer so can be bitter sweet sometimes lol

Lol, yep I would rather have an angry wife then one who wants to play instead of me!

DrunkIrishKid

DrunkIrishKid

Member of Bad Karma

• 210 posts

I actually went through the same thing hard core after the beta. I didn't even know why I was in such a funk. Kind of scary that this game had that kind of impact on me. At least we all have an understanding here.

Maybe if we all put our heads together we can build a time machine like 30 years from now, travel back to this time and take our young selves forward to Sept 9th. I will keep an eye out for old us'es. Hopefully they come soon

Aoi

Aoi

Forum Lieutenant

• 336 posts

Wow, you guys are silly. Destiny is actually just one of my distractions while I wait for MGSV XD.
  • Mrdowork77 likes this

DoctorJusticeXB1

DoctorJusticeXB1

Forum Sergeant

• 85 posts

Yeah, we are all on this boat together! I think all of us that are married will have some unhappy wives for a couple days, lol.

I've already warned her that I need at least 24 hours straight (emphasis on at least) to just immerse myself in the television and have 0 distractions. I think she thinks I'm kidding though. Lol

Jinxdbilly4life

Jinxdbilly4life

Recruit

• 13 posts

I know the feeling. Not interested in playing any other game right now. Focused on Destiny. When I found out about that special Newsweek magazine I drove all over town looking for it. Couldn't find it, so I ordered from Amazon.

On the wife side, I am lucky. She works most nights being a manager of a restaurant lol

Mrdowork77

Mrdowork77

Forum Lieutenant

• 189 posts

What's up Jynxd, welcome. As far as spouse's are concerned, my wife works 10 hour shifts in the er 9/9 & 9/10 so I get to go hard from the jump . My goal is to see if I can make lvl 20 in that time.