Photo

REQUEST for BUNGIE to MAKE small IMPROVEMENT in the Destiny BEFORE the final launch

TAKE OFF YOUR HELMET ON/OFF

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Halogen cz

Halogen cz

New Blood

• 3 posts

Hello Guadians, hello Bungie!

Let me introduce myself, my name is Petr Švancara, I am a long term fan of the Halo Universe.

Like others here I am also one who love the Bungie studios. Bungie's previous work(s) and especially the Bungie's art creators and musical composers. I think that whole team is very talented and experienced as well. Design(s) from Bungie provides us a many unique ideas and even more original concepts.

In the terms of the Destiny itself, there are a huge amount of different design(s) and art(s) in the game. Sci-Fi genre is one of the most potencional world/place where can be made almost everything, and I think that, this is the main reason why we all like the Destiny.

Reason why i created this topic is mainly based on the eventual adding of the new design elements in the final version of the game. Here is a couple of my ideas that should not be hard to add in the game. One last thing. Before I present here some of my thoughts and ideas, I want to say, that I clearly know how difficult is to implement those additions in the game. Especially in this current stage.

- Helmets and Faces

Customization(s) is one of the best thing(s) almost in every good and advanced game. It gives

the player(s) a freedom in the terms of let anyone choose what anyone want.

Destiny is totally a one of the best games that I ever see. And believe me, I play many games

across many platforms. But, lets get back to the helmets and faces right?

Destiny gives the player(s) option to create own character(s) and especially the faces as well.

Those faces are very unique and very different among each other. It's beacuse every player

choose something different between those choices. But lets be more accurate about this.

In the game itself there is no option for choosing to wear or dont wear a helmet. Helmet is just

a permanent choice. And i think that it is a little bit annoying.

Players in Destiny have a numerous kind of variations between armors and weapons, but when it

comes to the helmets, there is no option for choose if you really want your helemt show or hide.

But why I writing about it?

Just because only place when you can see your precisely created face is simply

the tower or animation story sequences.

It's still good to see faces in every possible way, but in other way it's not enough. When the players

reach some kind of higher level, it's highly probable that there can be more

players wearing the same or at least very similar armor. I can imagine a more than 20 helmets for

all sides, for titan, hunter or warlock each. So probability to meet other players with the same or

similiar helmets it's relatively high. Even if there would be more type of this helmets, its still

the same case.

But there is a way how Bungie can simply solve this problem.

If the programmers can add a choice for player(s) to wear or dont wear their helmets.

I think that solving this problem would be for many players very cool variant. Players can be very

different across each other.

If there would be some players that would still want to wear their helmets, then o.k! No problem,

those helmets could be just invisible or visible, just for the effect to see our precisely created

faces in the gamaplay, in the story and even in the crucible.

- Dear Bungie 

It should be just something like a turn helmets on/off (visible / invisible). Like a optional choice

somewhere in the guardian's stuff menu, where you can simply tune it for your wish.

Don't you like your helmet, or do you just want to see your face because you are proud for it? Do

you want to create a friendly clan composed only from exo's, humans or awokens? o.k. why not,

imagine a clan filled with those players, and all their faces. Iťs a huge opportunity to give players a

perfect experinece with their unique face designs.

Some guardians should be playing together, because they would be creating a teams or clans,

maybe clans organized from one of those existing races. And this idea is just more than awesome!

Yes, there could be some questions, like is there a oxygen it this atmosfere or not? o.k. so do

this possibility only on Earth places, because if there could be flying birds, (and tower open areas

proving that there is oxygen) than this option can be apply only on Earth, it's very logical.

I mean if there is places like a Moon, Mars or Venus then sure, do this option to take off your

helmets only on Earth.

Even if this option would be added only for Earth territory, it would be still more than perfect

addition to the game.

- Truly, there are many more players that would be happy with this improvement. I am not only one.

- I believe that even some of your employees in Bungie will be happy with this game enrichment.

- Even some players that never think about this can be glad for this possibility.

- I believe that this option should not be hard to add in the game, at least at this time. 

- Imagine this options that can this addition give to all the guardians, all this unique faces.

As like i write above, I really like Bungie studios. I have a piece of your stuff in my heart! 

So I hope that this topic would be valuable for you guys! In every other way, Destiny is excellent game, I played BETA, and I just know it, not only I know it, so please Bungie, please use your remaining time for adding this option (take off your helmet on/off) to the game, it would be overwhelming!

We all love you Bungie!

Petr Švancara

E-mail - Black.Neon@sznam.cz

Powershadow24

Powershadow24

Apprentice

• 54 posts

But the lack of helmets presents a story element issue. The reason you can see your 'shields' (your healthbar), your waypoint and so on is due to the helmet brodcasting it into your retina (like with masterchief and Deus Ex). I would still like to see this element but this would be very hard. And in the crucible, it is so hard to notice the same class helmets in the crucible however the faces would be discerning to shoot at. Basically, I have mixed views on this suggestion.

• Sentry-Mann likes this

Noles

Noles

Community Manager

• 4251 posts

I think the Tower is a good place to have the helmets off, and you're going to spend a lot of time there. It just makes sense.

It's good that you are sharing your feedback though, I just don't think a change like this will honestly happen. 

• Sentry-Mann likes this

Mykle

Mykle

Forum Colonel

• 1871 posts

I think the Tower is a good place to have the helmets off, and you're going to spend a lot of time there. It just makes sense.

It's good that you are sharing your feedback though, I just don't think a change like this will honestly happen.

Nor should it. It's not a social mmo. It's an fps. No helmet = shot in face, no HUD and dead.

Halogen cz

Halogen cz

New Blood

• 3 posts

No HUD? in this eventual theory you can have HUD even without helmet, but some persons just dont have imagination for it. No helmet shot in face? No, no, it would be the same, firing on a head with helmet or without it would be same, otherwise you cant understand, that this is about the design.

Edited by Halogen cz, 11 August 2014 - 08:07 PM.

Mykle

Mykle

Forum Colonel

• 1871 posts

No HUD? in this eventual theory you can have HUD even without helmet, but some persons just dont have imagination for it. No helmet shot in face? No, no, it would be the same, firing on a head with helmet or without it would be same, otherwise you cant understand, that this is about the design.

It actually isn't. Equipping a helmet increases your armor thus negating damage.

Mayhem

Mayhem

Assistant Manager of the Year

• 976 posts

But the lack of helmets presents a story element issue. The reason you can see your 'shields' (your healthbar), your waypoint and so on is due to the helmet brodcasting it into your retina (like with masterchief and Deus Ex). I would still like to see this element but this would be very hard. And in the crucible, it is so hard to notice the same class helmets in the crucible however the faces would be discerning to shoot at. Basically, I have mixed views on this suggestion.

Meh. The reason you can see all that is because it's a video game and video games have a HUD.

I think helmets should be able to be toggled
Most RPGS have that option and it doesn't affect your armor or make you more vulnerable.

It's a video game people. Not real life

Hemme02

Hemme02

Forum Commander

• 1101 posts

This is an option in a lot of games. But to be honest, most of those games have a lot more customization options for your face then destiny does. Its actually kind of limited.

Riewoldt

Riewoldt

Forum Major

• 752 posts

You are welcome to your opinion Halogen cz but I agree with what Noles and Mykle have said. The whole purpose of having helmets in the game is to protect one of the most vulnerable places of your body being your head. If you could take your helmet off and get shot in the head without dying it would defeat the purpose of having them in the game. Your helmet displaying your HUD also make sense. Adding in the feature of taking off your helmet when you are not in the tower just seems to be more trouble than it is worth and would detract people from focussing on the story. 

Halogen cz

Halogen cz

New Blood

• 3 posts

No I don't  agree, HUD elemtents should be visible even if you don't have helmet, like someone here says, this is not a real life, but a game.

So if this is a game, than this option can be simply added.

I believe that some people reading my article just don't read it to the end. I understand that someone can say, hey, if you don't have helmet, you are more vulnerable than with it. But this is also explained in the article.

Helmet can be still added, but it should be simply invisible for the player and even for the other guardians. So it wouId count the helmet in the all weared armor pieces, but it would be only invisible for the effect itself. I don't understand why everyone here can't consider the fact, that showing your created face is in every way better than wearing a helmets, there would be about 20 helmets in the entire game, so if the players can show their faces, then it would be more than 20 different versions of it.

Males/females, Humans, Awokens, Exo's, all this differences should add just more than 20 version of helmets, is there anyone who understand this? There is more versions (or combinations) of created faces than all this existing helmets in entire game. And for the fact that there is no oxygen in other planets, than let's take off your helmets at least in Earth locations.

And what about HUD? I really don't want compare the two different games, but look at the Halo: Reach or Halo 4 Spartan helmets. Variety of helmets in Halo made a lot of different visors, and in the game you can see that even if you have Spartan helmet that don't have visor or have highly different type of visor, than you still see normal, standart HUD in the game right? For example, you can have Spartan helmet with visor in the shape of square, but in the gameplay, you don't see any square type HUD or any special HUD for this different shape. It's just a game, and like I say, every possibility can be made.

Those people who don't consider this option are maybe players that don't like Destiny faces or didn't have regard for it.

For any of you, I am sorry for my bad English, I am not speaking English.

Mykle

Mykle

Forum Colonel

• 1871 posts
Yes, it is a game. Yes, the game has space magic. This game also has a set of rules they want to live by. Making entire armor pieces invisible doesn't fit in. I get that you dislike it and I'm sorry they made that decision for you.

In your arguments, try not to make sweeping generalizations about people. Your belief that the people who won't consider this option means they don't like the faces is way off base. There are many reasons to argue your opinions not just one.

The faces of Destiny will be in the tower in all of their glory. I promise I will be standing on top of the cryptarch, showing mine off while dancing, daily.

projekt3000

projekt3000

Forum Sergeant

• 66 posts

I thought that in the Beta your helmet wasn't visible when you were present in the Tower? I noticed I could see everyone's faces or exo faces perfectly fine. I think that's a nice compromise considering when you're out in the different worlds playing the game or in the crucible, you're not really paying attention to someone's helmet but more about what's in your field of vision. 

When you're in the "social" aspect of the game (i.e. The Tower) it's like a meeting place for players and you can see what people's faces actually look like because it simulates "conversing". Just my opinion. 

Mr. Badger

Mr. Badger

Badger Thor!

• 1621 posts

I'd, honestly, prefer to keep it the way it is. I'm with Mykle on this one. Even though he's on PS4 and I'm on Xbox One and we'll never be able to dance together. I'm not bitter though. Nope. Not one bit.