Photo

What if YOU Were in Charge of the Collector's Edition

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Sentry-Mann

Sentry-Mann

The Sentry

• 237 posts

Alright, picture this scenario. Bungie has given YOU complete creative control over the Destiny limited/Ghost edition.  It's your job to decide what should be bundled into it.  How many different collector's editions would there be, and what would they cost?  What's the balance of ingame versus real life goods? It's up to you.  What you choose to add or remove...?

I'm interested to see how your "dream" collectors editions match up with the one's they've released. 

For me personally, I think it'd be kind of cool if there were a limited edition for each class, like a Warlock edition, Hunter Edition, and Titan Edition.  Each would come with a big full size poster of their respective class, a statue of that class, etc.  Anyway, what would you make?

Aoi

Aoi

Forum Lieutenant

• 336 posts

It'd be PS4 only to troll fanboys, and have a pillow case... More games need pillow cases...
  • Sentry-Mann likes this

Ozaga

Ozaga

Forum Lieutenant

• 240 posts

It'd be PS4 only to troll fanboys, and have a pillow case... More games need pillow cases...

Gotta get dat Destiny Waifu

Sentry-Mann

Sentry-Mann

The Sentry

• 237 posts

Pillow cases? Fine by me....I think.  ^^

Seraph

Seraph

Forum Sergeant

• 70 posts

Class specific editions would be pretty sweet. Maybe each comes with a lithograph of an in game avatar of the class?

Personally I really like what they've done with the current editions, though I think I would have priced the Ghost edition a little less since the difference between that and the limited is JUST the ghost. Which, until I see it, I reserve to say is probably not worth 50$.

Dream addition: I've always wanted games like this to release "Technical Guides". Basically an art book that breaks down the made up tech behind the weapons/armor/vehicles. Some exploded drawings, blueprints, that sort of thing. 

• Sentry-Mann likes this

Aoi

Aoi

Forum Lieutenant

• 336 posts

In all seriousness though, for any limited edition thing, I want more artbooks or prints that could be framed and hung. Metal Gear Rising had an awesome pre-order artbook that's in a large enough scale to frame. With Destiny's fantastic art design, it should have included more than some cheesy post-cards.

Hemme02

Hemme02

Forum Commander

• 1101 posts

I like the editions they have but i would have made on choice different. I would have given the Limited edition access to the Vanguard armory like the ordinary edition has when you preorder. Cant understand why it doesn´t have that.

Otherwise the class specific editions with a statue sounds great. I want my Titan statue.

mavado454

mavado454

Forum Badass

• 1320 posts

I am not a big fan of statues.  My favorite collectors edition I ever bought was the Borderlands 2 Ultimate Loot Hunters edition, which came with the red weapons crate.  It is awesome and I store all my knives in it ( I am a knive collector), so it is quite useful.

• Sentry-Mann likes this

Artemus

Artemus

Forum Lieutenant

• 234 posts

Mine would probably come with something you could use that would remind you to play more Destiny. :)  Probably a wireless game controller shaped like a ghost.  Or a reasonable approximation.

If not that, then something else tangible like you guys have been describing - artwork suitable for framing, storage boxes, etc.  Statues, etc are okay but I'd really rather have something I can use. 

A Destiny electric toothbrush with the voice of Peter Dinklage! 

"That Plaque came from the Moon!"

• Hemme02 and Sentry-Mann like this

Va_tah

Va_tah

Planeswalker

• 160 posts

I'd fill it was all sorts of artwork from each stage of development. All large enough to frame or in something like a coffee table book with dev comments as to what their vision was when they were planning everything.

Statues and figures are nice. I like having them on my desk to make me fell at home.

Noles

Noles

Community Manager

• 4251 posts

The only thing I'd add is an exotic unique armor piece (Cloak, Mark, Bond)

• Heeps of Tommi and Sentry-Mann like this

Heeps of Tommi

Heeps of Tommi

Recruit

• 29 posts

I think Bungie have done a great job so far with the different editions, perhaps just the inclusion of a Destiny controller would be a nice addition - similar to what Respawn did with Titanfall, although they didn't bundle it in with there collectors edition i don't think... 

Edited by Heeps of Tommi, 12 August 2014 - 06:32 AM.

projekt3000

projekt3000

Forum Sergeant

• 66 posts

If some of these are in the current limited/Ghosts edition please forgive the redundancy.

For the limited edition (high priced) versions of the game I would have liked to see some of the following:

- Mini-helmet or over-sized replica helmet of a Titan/Hunter/Warlock (your choice)

- Replica of some of the nicer looking space craft you can purchase from the shipwright

- Replica of The Traveler itself in a miniaturized form

- A Ghost replica

- Complete soundtrack to the game (this might be available on iTunes or some form but should be included in this version imo)

HuntsvilleGator

HuntsvilleGator

New Blood

• 2 posts

Nerf replica of the golden gun!  Who doesn't love nerd guns?

Superowl

Superowl

Forum Lieutenant

• 220 posts

I would lower the price on all editions  ;)

• Sentry-Mann likes this

Sentry-Mann

Sentry-Mann

The Sentry

• 237 posts

I would lower the price on all editions  ;)

I like the way you think. 

• Superowl likes this

Dassembre

Dassembre

Apprentice

• 47 posts

my favorite collectors edition was my GoW3 one, had your standard art book, along with schematic for the Hammer of Dawn weapon, and along with the last will and testament of Adam Fenix along with a letter to Marcus and a picture with a note on the back to Elaine, then there was also CoG medal and certificate awarded to Adam. of course a nice big statue of Marcus oh and a flag too.

something along those line would of done me for Destiny, weapon schematics, faction related items and of course a nice big statue of a Warlock.