Photo

Destiny Withdrawal Help Group

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Ozaga

Ozaga

Forum Lieutenant

• 240 posts

Hi everyone... My name is Mike... and um... I'm suffering from Destiny Withdrawal...

• EnviableTag, Red Hood Rehab, misanthrope304 and 1 other like this

Hemme02

Hemme02

Forum Commander

• 1101 posts

Hi Mike.

Mykle

Mykle

Forum Colonel

• 1871 posts
Go outside and exercise. Get down with your sig other. Read a book. Play a different game. Learn another language.

kjhovey

kjhovey

I Sell Propane and Propane Accessories

• 457 posts

^The hell is a book?

The first step is admitting it Mike, congrats. 

• EnviableTag likes this

Riewoldt

Riewoldt

Forum Major

• 752 posts

I am planning to another finish another Bungie game in Halo 2 and if I have the time finish Watch Dogs as well. Halo 3: ODST and the first Gears of Wars game are two other games I will most likely buy to keep me entertained as well. 

My suggestion to anyone struggling to find things to do in between waiting for Destiny to come out is to try find something that you have been meaning to finish when you have spare time and do that. The normal hustle and bustle of everyday life should you help pass the time without too much effort as well.

Hemme02

Hemme02

Forum Commander

• 1101 posts

What ever you do, dont watch this clip http://youtu.be/WxJIxo6Whhc

• FujiFilm400 likes this

Mr. Badger

Mr. Badger

Badger Thor!

• 1621 posts

HIIII MIIIIIIIKE!

mavado454

mavado454

Forum Badass

• 1320 posts

I think we all feel that empty feeling now.  :ermm: But we don't have to wait too long, and I am sure Bungie will keep feeding us info as we pass the time.

JCeeZZyy

JCeeZZyy

Recruit

• 19 posts

40 days

Ozaga

Ozaga

Forum Lieutenant

• 240 posts

Go outside and exercise. Get down with your sig other. Read a book. Play a different game. Learn another language.

Da f*ck is outside?

• EnviableTag likes this

kosciarz

kosciarz

Apprentice

• 53 posts

There is no RL its only AFK.

• Noles, Warlock Holmez, Ozaga and 4 others like this

Free Healing

Free Healing

Forum Lieutenant

• 308 posts

The cool part about withdrawl is once you go through it once (Destiny Alpha) doesn't really hit you bad the next time (Destiny Beta). The real bitch about it though is that nothing you do will satiate you until you either A) Wake up one morning and realize that it's all gonna be okay, and maybe it's time to play that game you've been ignoring all week because of Destiny. or B) you end up just waking up and being like ... "meh, it'll be here in a month. That's not so long, i'll just put myself in a little mini coma... now where did i put that hammer?"

kjhovey

kjhovey

I Sell Propane and Propane Accessories

• 457 posts

There is no RL its only AFK.

Posted Image

• kosciarz likes this

dextyrious

dextyrious

Forum Sergeant

• 64 posts

My name is Rob and I havnt Destiny'd in almost a week. Its been terrible!
  • Ozaga likes this

Noles

Noles

Community Manager

• 4247 posts

Hiiiii Rob. *that voice*

There's plenty of room at the Destiny clinic 

Posted Image

• Ozaga, kosciarz, Artemus and 2 others like this

kosciarz

kosciarz

Apprentice

• 53 posts

Hiiiii Rob. *that voice*

There's plenty of room at the Destiny clinic 

Posted Image

Briliant, How much for one month?

Ozaga

Ozaga

Forum Lieutenant

• 240 posts

Hi Rob. The first step to getting better is acceptance. Here at the Destiny Rehabilitation Center, you can receive help in many ways.

Artemus

Artemus

Forum Lieutenant

• 234 posts

Hi Mike.

Well I hate to tell you but by the time you've finished your rehab - the game will be out and we'll all be relapsing.  Basically there's no hope left.  I'm going to spend my time curled up in a ball in a corner, maybe do some basket weaving....

Now I know what all of you lucky folks who played the Alpha went through.  When I see game content now my fingers itch for a controller and I think about my weapon choice.  Terrible.  Yeah, I'm ready for some heavy medication. 

Ozaga

Ozaga

Forum Lieutenant

• 240 posts

Hi Mike.

Well I hate to tell you but by the time you've finished your rehab - the game will be out and we'll all be relapsing.  Basically there's no hope left.  I'm going to spend my time curled up in a ball in a corner, maybe do some basket weaving....

Now I know what all of you lucky folks who played the Alpha went through.  When I see game content now my fingers itch for a controller and I think about my weapon choice.  Terrible.  Yeah, I'm ready for some heavy medication. 

My life was unpure for weeks after the Alpha...

dextyrious

dextyrious

Forum Sergeant

• 64 posts

I have decided the best course of action is to get ahead with everything else in life (uni, gf time, sleep) so that by 9/9. I have a good 10 hours to sink in.

Va_tah

Va_tah

Planeswalker

• 160 posts

Hi, I'm Vatthana (pronouced Va-ta-na) and I browse the DNews forums even at work. (don't worry though, only when I'm on break. That thing is I can go on break whenever I want so that might become an issue. Hahaha)

misanthrope304

misanthrope304

Recruit

• 28 posts

Hi, my name is Misanthrope, and I think I'm about to relapse in 9 days 1 hour 40 minutes

Edited by misanthrope304, 30 August 2014 - 09:20 PM.

Free Healing

Free Healing

Forum Lieutenant

• 308 posts

HRNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG!!!!*

*Translation: 

We're getting really down to the wire and I'm so excited for the launch that it's making 9 Days feel like 9 Weeks. I'm trying to play other Shooters and Space Opera RPG's and fight the withdrawal but it just makes me want to play Destiny even more.

Requiascat

Requiascat

Apprentice

• 38 posts

I feel ya Free Healing :( 

I watched all of Serenity...again.

I watched SWO...again.

I played through Borderlands 2 and it's DLC...again.

Started playing Halo...again.

...started reading Dune.

...started watching Cowboy Beebop again.

...and am making sure I'm ahead in all of my classes and have requested that weekend off from work.

8 more days, just 8 more days and then I can play whenever I feel like it.

but nothing helps :(

Stevethe3mo

Stevethe3mo

Forum Sergeant

• 87 posts

Hi my name is John and I'm going to relapse in 8 day 5 hours 21 minutes.