Ahoi!

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Aleflippy

Aleflippy

Forum Captain

• 605 posts

Hello everyone!

Introducing myself...Aleflippy,the one and only! So uuhm... Well,here's some infos!

I'm a 16 1/2 years old manly boy named Jeremy from Belgium (yeah you know,waffles,fries,chocolate,beer...) . I'm actually at school studying social sciences (social studies I think in english speaking countries?) . Willing to be a journalist ,I speak French and English frequently (I have a good Australian friend since 5 years now,he helped me a lot and still do today!) ,and I also learn dutch (even if in 5 years I still can't say more than 5 sentences... ) 

But I guess you don't care about that! 

So well,I love reading and even more writing (I tried to write some stories but they weren't really good... So I only wrote small stories... I also write songs in French and mostly English,but I mostly write poems and haikus (in French...hard to do it in English! ) . 

Another thing I truly like is everything related to the macabre ,but more the serial killers. I insist to say I don't like them!!! I think they did horrible horrible things and most of them deserved worse. But anyway... I love the whole psychological dimension of the whole thing. That's not something I like just to say "gosh,this one raped hundred children! SO COOL!" No, I try to know why they did so and why like that. 

This said,I also absolutely love masks and disguises... and HATS! I'm crazy about this,it's one of my only collection and I like that.

Had some hard times in my life but won't bother you with that kind of things...

I also loooove science-fiction ,mostly in games and more for the universe part than the story ,for example,I don't play warhammer 40000 ,but I absolutely love the universe. So don't tell me names of sci-fi books,I probably never read them... (even if I should and will do someday! So you can always tell me good ones! ) 

I like movies even if I don't watch them often. Mostly horror and fun movies (sometimes both!) , all the cartoons too (absolute fan) . I also like obscure movies or extreme ones . Also as you can see with my nickname,I'm also a long-time fan of Happy Tree Friends . 

Not a big fan of anime and mangas (except Elfen Lied,almost cried with that one)... But a strong one of Japanese culture! 

I'm a big fan of humor of all sorts (the more dangerous they are,the more I like them! ) 

Well music too . I don't play anything but I listen to it almost all the time. I listen to almost everything (except the crappy things we get actually on the radios...)

And of course...VIDEO GAMES! Absolute fan since I'm 3 years old (Yup sir!) ,I play less and less now,but I'm still a strong fan. It would be so damn hard to list the whole list since I like a shit-ton of them. From old games to indie,from mods to whole big ass games. I play everything on everything. My all-time favourites are still Mass Effect serie,Binding of Isaac,Borderlands 2 and Team Fortress 2 

Well,I will stop there,it's already too much! So thanks to all of you and I hope to I will integrate well :)

See ya! 

(Note:Of course,my English isn't the best of all... And more important , that's the first time I subscribe to a full-english forum . But don't be shy and tell me when you didn't understand or if I made a reaaaaally big mistake somewhere!) 

• Noles and Self Destruct like this

Noles

Noles

Community Manager

• 4247 posts

Great intro man, thanks for joining up! :)

SkydexKiwi

SkydexKiwi

Forum Lieutenant

• 153 posts

Welcome man and graet to meet another 16ner! I'm Sky and I also love videogames and somewhat enjoy manga especially attack on titan! I'll be on the 360 for when destiny comes out and my Gamertag is the same as my name! Hope to game with you!

Aleflippy

Aleflippy

Forum Captain

• 605 posts

Thanks to you two :) . I was a bit afraid to say too much (I love writing as I said... I could write a book with only one word :P ,I almost always answer back with loooong texts ) ,but I see than I forgot to say which were my consoles!!!

I have some old ones (Absolute fan of video games... So old ones as well ) ,but for the more recent,I have a wii,an xbox 360 (without live since for a long time I didn't play,but I think I'll start to put it back ) an a old PC I use mostly for working,chatting and writing (and looking at dumb things on internet) . In fact,almost everything except gaming! I'll get a new one in some months if everything goes right so I'll be able to kick some galactic asses ! 

So you're 16 too? That's cool,because I didn't want to be the young one who everyone makes fun of or treat like a little moron who know nothing (already happened so yeah...) ,and well... With that,you can't say something like "duuurrrr,you can't play this game since you're not 18+ :> " .

I guess we are all here because we likes video games :P ...Mind if I ask you what do you play? And I have absolutely nothing against people who likes mangas/animes :) ...The only thing I don't like is people who just keep talking about this to me since it's not something I'm not particuliary fond of ! (But Attack on Titan is a strong recommandation of some friends of mine,so I could check it out) . 

If you'll play on xbox 360... Strong chances we'll walk across some worlds together :) 

Mykle

Mykle

Forum Colonel

• 1871 posts
Beinvenue! Thanks for stopping in and telling us about yourself. I hope to see more of you soon! (If you're feeling bold, you can share some of your written works with us)

Kiropter

Kiropter

Forum Sergeant

• 89 posts

Welcome Ale!  Great introduction, look forward to possible reading some of your stuff!

Self Destruct

Self Destruct

Kaboom

• 171 posts

Hey there and welcome to Destiny News, where the REAL money from the movie is made!!

Posted Image

Aleflippy

Aleflippy

Forum Captain

• 605 posts

Thanks to all! :) 

I think I need to be more confident with myself and my skills before showing my work to anyone... And since I never actually written in English,it will be hard to do so + making it good! Not only counting than I'm very hard,even with myself... I rewrote often a lot something who was not so bad or even good but didn't seem good enough! 

And it was mostly poems as I said ,and mostly they talked about love... (yeeeah...literary girlfriend,but hey,it was an honor if she tought it wasn't bad!) . 

But I'll try to get better and maybe even write in English :) (because I don't care what you English speakers often think... English is waaaaay prettier,cooler and easier. I really prefer it than French) 

And as long as there is something going on the forum and if I'm not a nuisance, I guess everything will be fine :) 

(PS:Spaceballs is an absolute favourite of mine...watched it for the first time a good ten years ago,loved it since ! ) 

GodOfSlowness

GodOfSlowness

The Slow One

• 715 posts

Welcome mate! I thought I made a post earlier, probably didn't press the button...  :ohmy:

Anyways, your english is very good! Glad to have you on board here at DN.net and hope you decide to stick around! Look forward to your posts and creative.. creations!

:D

SNeAkY

SNeAkY

Forum Sergeant

• 63 posts

Welcome mate! I thought I made a post earlier, probably didn't press the button...  :ohmy:

Anyways, your english is very good! Glad to have you on board here at DN.net and hope you decide to stick around! Look forward to your posts and creative.. creations!

:D

Exactly what I was going to say  :Welcome:

Mykle

Mykle

Forum Colonel

• 1871 posts

Thanks to all! :)    I think I need to be more confident with myself and my skills before showing my work to anyone... And since I never actually written in English,it will be hard to do so + making it good! Not only counting than I'm very hard,even with myself... I rewrote often a lot something who was not so bad or even good but didn't seem good enough!    And it was mostly poems as I said ,and mostly they talked about love... (yeeeah...literary girlfriend,but hey,it was an honor if she tought it wasn't bad!) .    But I'll try to get better and maybe even write in English :) (because I don't care what you English speakers often think... English is waaaaay prettier,cooler and easier. I really prefer it than French)    And as long as there is something going on the forum and if I'm not a nuisance, I guess everything will be fine :)    (PS:Spaceballs is an absolute favourite of mine...watched it for the first time a good ten years ago,loved it since ! )

You said you write in French as well, right? I understand a good deal of French if you have any of that.

Noles

Noles

Community Manager

• 4247 posts

Your English is fine buddy :)

Aleflippy

Aleflippy

Forum Captain

• 605 posts

Always makes me proud when an English speaker tell me than my English isn't bad :D ... Even more when it's a (I think?) native English speaker who tell me that ! :) 

It's only my second year of English at school... I mostly learn with internet,games and because I watch my movies,cartoons and series in English . It helps a lot! And I'm sure I'll be able to speak even better now that I'm here ! 

I'm not very good at artistics stuffs. I love to draw,but I can only do stickmen... I did a lot of things in French,but I often just delete my works,because I don't like them or I'm just not satisfied. And for a good part of it,it was simply because of my toughts... I wrote a lot of songs and poems for my girlfriend back then,and I think than if I did them for her,it needs to stay for her. So I delete what I send,so she can be the only one with it! Like it's meant to be ! 

But I have some writings somewhere,I'll eventually show them to you :) ,guess I need to be more confident about it before (and not only that but I'm not only shy,but also very difficult with myself as I said! ) . I would love to show it to someone though , because that's the way you get better!  

My biggest goal for the moment (in writing only,so only for my own pleasure) would be to actually do an actual sci-fi story. I have a full universe expanding in my head with a lot of ideas I write in a simple list on my computer,but I never take the time to actually start! I guess with all the things I have,I could already do like 3 books by expanding the ideas I have... 

Thanks to you all anyway :) 

Noles

Noles

Community Manager

• 4247 posts

We've got a few writers here who like to create stories, so I'd talk to them and see if they could give you some tips. Definitely show us your work though when you're ready, and we'll give you constructive criticism.

• Aleflippy likes this

GodOfSlowness

GodOfSlowness

The Slow One

• 715 posts

We've got a few writers here who like to create stories, so I'd talk to them and see if they could give you some tips. Definitely show us your work though when you're ready, and we'll give you constructive criticism.

I won't  :devil:

Mykle

Mykle

Forum Colonel

• 1871 posts

I won't  :devil:

Think you're funny? I can edit every topic you have into gay dreams you had about justin beiber. Play nice or I'll show you a real devil grin. J/k, I couldn't do that to anyone.

GodOfSlowness

GodOfSlowness

The Slow One

• 715 posts

Think you're funny? I can edit every topic you have into gay dreams you had about justin beiber. Play nice or I'll show you a real devil grin. J/k, I couldn't do that to anyone.

Are you telling me you don't have gay dreams about justin beiber?! Man you are missing out!  :blush:

Ash

Ash

Forum Sergeant

• 92 posts

Welcome!

Bard the Bowman

Bard the Bowman

Recruit

• 20 posts

Welcome to the forums, my friend. Be sure to let us know if you have any questions or just want to practice your English. So far you've done fine :)