Photo

Destiny item manager (Chrome add-on/app)

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

insanetrasher

insanetrasher

Forum Lieutenant

• 217 posts

This just went out today : http://www.reddit.co...nager_loadouts/

App link (Chrome only so far): https://chrome.googl...bkahkhdckhdagna

Simply told its a much upgraded version of the "vault transfer" on Bungie.net and the companion app.

A guy alone seemed to have worked on this since 1.1.1 and managed to pull a very, very efficient tool for managing your items.

It features drag and drop in between character and loadouts, yes, loadouts!

Honestly, I haven't tried it yet because I don't fully trust Chrome add-ons (potential access to personal data like user/passwords) and even less since its only out for under a day. But this is definitely something to look at because it'll save us ton of time in the future. 

This app makes Bungie look bad though, how a single guy managed to put a more efficient tool than them in a week only.. But that's another story.

• NINJA V, abstrakt42 and SuplientGamer like this

Lokhe

Lokhe

Bird-powered Viking

• 2495 posts

They put it into an already existing interface though, while he did it from scratch. Leave it to the community to put the devs to shame though ;)

boggsy19

boggsy19

Forum Lieutenant

• 183 posts

I just loaded it and so far, it's nice.  I haven't swapped weapons or armor between characters yet. I'm being a little cautious and just moving shaders and emblems.

insanetrasher

insanetrasher

Forum Lieutenant

• 217 posts

They put it into an already existing interface though, while he did it from scratch. Leave it to the community to put the devs to shame though ;)

True, but since visibly it was possible to make it more efficient they should have taken the extra week before releasing it, now I guess they won't since the community came up with the tool already :P

I just loaded it and so far, it's nice.  I haven't swapped weapons or armor between characters yet. I'm being a little cautious and just moving shaders and emblems.

I would not be worried at all for moving stuff, since the tool simply sends request to Bungie.net and I've not seen a single report about players losing items, at least nothing confirmed. 

But I'd be very cautious to use it at all since its a browser add-on developped by someone that potentially could have put "malicious" code or whatever in it.

Lokhe

Lokhe

Bird-powered Viking

• 2495 posts

I've seen people saying that they lost stuff in transit but afaik they just ended up at the post master so no biggie. I started transferring stuff while I was logging in and in loading screens and thought to myself that maybe that wasn't the brightest idea, but it's worked just fine so.

insanetrasher

insanetrasher

Forum Lieutenant

• 217 posts

I've seen people saying that they lost stuff in transit but afaik they just ended up at the post master so no biggie. I started transferring stuff while I was logging in and in loading screens and thought to myself that maybe that wasn't the brightest idea, but it's worked just fine so.

I'm pretty confident about not losing items in the transfer, the only issue I've seen yet is items being tagged "upgrade available" once transferred, this is very minor yet a bit annoying in the long run, I bet it can be easily fixed though.

Lokhe

Lokhe

Bird-powered Viking

• 2495 posts

I'm pretty confident about not losing items in the transfer, the only issue I've seen yet is items being tagged "upgrade available" once transferred, this is very minor yet a bit annoying in the long run, I bet it can be easily fixed though.

Ye I'm not worried. Besides, I have literally nothing of value to lose yet heh.

insanetrasher

insanetrasher

Forum Lieutenant

• 217 posts

Ye I'm not worried. Besides, I have literally nothing of value to lose yet heh.

It'll come :P

Lokhe

Lokhe

Bird-powered Viking

• 2495 posts

It'll come :P

Ofc! I have everything to look forward to ;)

Q-min4t0r

Q-min4t0r

Forum Lieutenant

• 184 posts

This Chrome extension is awesome! I've had no trouble moving my items so far.

It's 10 times easier and faster to use this extension than using Bungie's companion app.

Props to the community!  :D

insanetrasher

insanetrasher

Forum Lieutenant

• 217 posts

This Chrome extension is awesome! I've had no trouble moving my items so far.

It's 10 times easier and faster to use this extension than using Bungie's companion app.

Props to the community!  :D

I've yet to use it so far, but it does seems way faster. Glad to see its working as intended.

• Q-min4t0r likes this

SDBolts

SDBolts

Forum Lieutenant

• 326 posts

Was just trying this out.  Way cool, especially the loadouts.  Have to see how it works when I'm logged in and if the extension works on the Android version of Chrome, but if it does, it'll make swapping gear out so much faster!

boggsy19

boggsy19

Forum Lieutenant

• 183 posts

After getting the Abyss,  Oversoul and Word of Crota from last night run of Crota HM, I had no room in my primary slots so they were at the postmaster.  This morning i loaded up the extension and move some stuff around and was able to move the stuff out of the postmaster to both of my Titans.  This apps makes things much easier.

insanetrasher

insanetrasher

Forum Lieutenant

• 217 posts

Was just trying this out.  Way cool, especially the loadouts.  Have to see how it works when I'm logged in and if the extension works on the Android version of Chrome, but if it does, it'll make swapping gear out so much faster!

The loadout feature sounds like making the Companion app useless compared to it. 

After getting the Abyss,  Oversoul and Word of Crota from last night run of Crota HM, I had no room in my primary slots so they were at the postmaster.  This morning i loaded up the extension and move some stuff around and was able to move the stuff out of the postmaster to both of my Titans.  This apps makes things much easier.

Nice to know it even checks if stuff are with the postmaster.

SDBolts

SDBolts

Forum Lieutenant

• 326 posts

The loadout feature sounds like making the Companion app useless compared to it. 

Nice to know it even checks if stuff are with the postmaster.

I wouldn't say the companion app is useless.  The plugin only works on 'items' - no materials, synths, etc.  So if you like being able to transfer x amount of item y, you still have to do that with the companion app...

• Hunter_4life likes this

insanetrasher

insanetrasher

Forum Lieutenant

• 217 posts

I wouldn't say the companion app is useless.  The plugin only works on 'items' - no materials, synths, etc.  So if you like being able to transfer x amount of item y, you still have to do that with the companion app...

True, I forgot about this. But that is for mats, anything else feels like a chore on the companion app compared to the add-on.

I finally decided to use it yesterday since it went open source a week ago. It is simply amazing.

In 2 minutes I created my Crota, VoG, Arc burn, Solar burn and Void burn loadout, and if I want to use them I am only 1 second and 2 click away (compared to a minute or two of switching characters and browsing non stop).

You can't beat that.

Berserkquatch

Berserkquatch

Inside Joke Historian

• 369 posts

I installed the extension last night, and it will not load anything

This is all i get....

iaXfuWQ.jpg

SDBolts

SDBolts

Forum Lieutenant

• 326 posts

Well, the extension isn't mobile friendly, so it's not much help while I'm playing.  Still, pretty cool.

insanetrasher

insanetrasher

Forum Lieutenant

• 217 posts

I guess you probably need to have bungie.net opened and logged on another tab? Thats what I did yesterday and it worked just fine.

Well, the extension isn't mobile friendly, so it's not much help while I'm playing.  Still, pretty cool.

True, that will probably come though. I have a laptop always sitting on my living room table so thats fine by me, but mobile will be much better since it only requires 2 click to fully equip a loadout.

McBang2023

McBang2023

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• 186 posts

Am i the only one who can't get this working? It says since it is connected to my xbox live account, it can't display any data. Not a supported feature. Anyone else have this issue?

abstrakt42

abstrakt42

Forum Sergeant

• 82 posts

This.  Looks.  Amazing!

insanetrasher

insanetrasher

Forum Lieutenant

• 217 posts

This.  Looks.  Amazing!

It is so far, but doesn't seem to be working for everyone?

It is still very young but it is not well known yet since very few have installed it as per chrome stats.

McBang2023

McBang2023

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• 186 posts

It is so far, but doesn't seem to be working for everyone?

It is still very young but it is not well known yet since very few have installed it as per chrome stats.

Nope. not working for everyone. Kinda sucks. I'll be patiently waiting to try out this new tool that so far, most are enjoying. :D

xRed0ctobeRx

xRed0ctobeRx

Envious

• 351 posts

THere is a chrome app/extension that will move materials also. Look up Destiny Inventory Manager, it is called Packmule. It will also move weapons and armor, but more importantly it will move materials.

Am i the only one who can't get this working? It says since it is connected to my xbox live account, it can't display any data. Not a supported feature. Anyone else have this issue?

Are you keeping Bungie.net open while you are using the extension?

This is all i get....

iaXfuWQ.jpg

You need to have bundie.net open and logged into your account to make it work. Just open another tab with bungie.net and then run the extension.

abstrakt42

abstrakt42

Forum Sergeant

• 82 posts

I shared it with 2 other Destiny players at work today, they both reported positive results.  There's a sub-community over at Reddit for this project as well, with a wiki and small but active community.